Best beach in Freeport for 2 yr old

aj925

We will be going to Freeport on the Carnival Pride with a 2 yr old so we just want to find a good beach and play in the surf/sand. Can anyone recommend a place to go?

I heard about Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef and a snorkeling excursion booked through them where they pick you up at port is $35 pp. Since we won't be doing any snorkeling I was wondering if there was a cheaper option. Would it be cost effective to just take a taxi there? And if so would it be hard to get a taxi back to the ship?

Any other Freeport beach area recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can take a taxi to Our Lucaya. The beach is very nice with calm water. It's public and there aren't any facilities. There is a bathroom across the street in the shopping area.

There is a placed called the Reef Village at Our Lucaya which has day passes for $20 pp. You could then use their pool which has a small slide, bathrooms, beach chairs and towels. The beach is the same.

It is very easy to get a taxi back to the ship from Our Lucaya. They are readily available.

You can take a taxi to Our Lucaya. The beach is very nice with calm water. It's public and there aren't any facilities. There is a bathroom across the street in the shopping area.

There is a placed called the Reef Village at Our Lucaya which has day passes for $20 pp. You could then use their pool which has a small slide, bathrooms, beach chairs and towels. The beach is the same.

It is very easy to get a taxi back to the ship from Our Lucaya. They are readily available.

Sorry, I meant to add to my request an area besides Our Lucaya. I know about that place and while it looks nice, it seems everyone goes there and I was trying to find a less crowded spot.

To escape the crowds, you can taxi to Xanadu Beach or Taino Beach, or even further out if you like (the further east you go the better the beaches get - they're all good, but generally speaking that holds true). You can taxi to Paradise Cove if not snorkeling, but I would recommend to meet up with people on your ship's roll call forum to share the taxi with (same advice for the other beaches) to save money. Taxis aren't cheap in the Bahamas and Paradise Cove is a ways out there. That's why so many people like to go to Port Lucaya - the $5pp shuttle is a good deal.

Archived