Some Price drops & more residency rates on Inaugural

checked royal website for dec 5 shows D4 at 1249 pp but does not list as residency or any other discount rate. BTW met you last yr on oasis DEC 1 and you are incredible with all you do with the critters and almost completely running the meet and greet.

checked royal website for dec 5 shows D4 at 1249 pp but does not list as residency or any other discount rate. BTW met you last yr on oasis DEC 1 and you are incredible with all you do with the critters and almost completely running the meet and greet.

There are definetly residency rates for Dec 5th. On the roll call we have had folks from RI & Maryland and other places who have got the residency rate post to say they got the lower prices.

I also know NY & NC were coming up with the residency rate for certain categories.

I found it quite interesting to choose a place and see if it had a rate or not. Last night NY wasnt coming up with Resident rate for the D4...today it is. Today with NY residency rate the price is $50 cheaper than without the rate. Even without the rate...a D4 is cheaper than a D8 :confused:

:oThank you for your kind words.

With final only a month away I wouldn't go near this one right now.....how low will she go:confused:....this should be a Royal wakeup for Allure/Oasis pricing....think we are already seeing the side by side sailing factor kicking in;)

still no residency rates for florida. at least i dont see them.

No sorry it looks like no residency rate for FL :(

I can't figure out why the D4's are cheaper than D5's, D6's & D7's :confused:

I know they usually say it is due to location but the D4 I have now was right next door to the D8 I had so that wouldn't make that much of a difference to location.

There are some price drops now on the Inaugural..also some new residency rates were added again this morning.

I have moved from a D8 to a D4 and saved some money. :D

Yippee!!! Just checked our B2 and it's dropped another $500 total, plus another $20 for SC residency. Might have to book a cheapie 3 nighter with the savings. In fact, that's a brilliant idea!! Off to email our TA.....

All I've seen cabins in our category (B1) for Dec. 19 sail date do is go up! Since it is a Christmas cruise, I think we will be fine even if the price drops after we've made final payment. Our experience is that the prices decrease the last couple of weeks prior, and if I could wait that would be great. But I'm having to book two cabins and wanted them side by side. If it's just me and DH, no problem. Not the case this cruise.

In the past this was not a problem since RCCL honored price drops after final payment, but no longer. :( Bit the bullet and booked early hoping it doesn't bite back. :)

• 2 weeks later...
How are you guys getting your prices adjusted? did u book before May?

It is still outside of final payment date, so you can get a price drop no matter when you booked. We just got about $200 off our FB cabin and I never thought that would happen considering there are so few of this category!:) Still hoping to save a bit more, and we booked back in February so theoretically we can still get price drops after final payment date. But considering how few FB cabins there are, I'm not holding my breath!:eek:

With final only a month away I wouldn't go near this one right now.....how low will she go:confused:....this should be a Royal wakeup for Allure/Oasis pricing....think we are already seeing the side by side sailing factor kicking in;)

A lot has to do with the time of year that the Allure and Oasis entered service. The first two weeks of December are always deal getters on prices. We cruised during this time for three straight years and always got a steal.

My two weeks in January are selling well. There are always going to be deals at certain times of the year. Personally I hope that RCI can keep the prices up on Oasis and Allure. The reasoning? I will keep that comment to myself.;)

There are some price drops now on the Inaugural..also some new residency rates were added again this morning.

I have moved from a D8 to a D4 and saved some money. :D

A lot has to do with the time of year that the Allure and Oasis entered service. The first two weeks of December are always deal getters on prices. We cruised during this time for three straight years and always got a steal.

My two weeks in January are selling well. There are always going to be deals at certain times of the year. Personally I hope that RCI can keep the prices up on Oasis and Allure. The reasoning? I will keep that comment to myself.;)

I find it interesting that the AL prices are going down and the OA prices are going up. $500 pp difference higher for a B1 on OA 12/4 vs AL 12/5.

Today B1 on AL=$1199 and B1 on OA=$1699 pp. AL 12/5 is showing as "hot deal" today. Surprising since it is an inaugural. Interestingly enough, OA is almost up to the "higher pricing" that it had last year on the inaugural.

OA did have senior discounts but they appear to be gone. We don't qualify but some of our group were able to take advantage. However, the senior discounts disappeared and the pp price increased by $350 about 3 weeks ago. $350 over the regular rate...$550 over the senior rate!

AL seems like it is going to have some "better" features than OA but the OA timing (b2b before Christmas) works for us. (We booked it before the AL inaugural dates got moved up and then just decided to stick with it.)

Archived