Trip Insurance

vfb2girls

We have usually bought our trip insurance through Carnival but decided we can do way better going the independent route. I was checking out insure my trip and I am wondering just how everyone else books their insurance, what would be the most important coverage to look at?

We have usually bought our trip insurance through Carnival but decided we can do way better going the independent route. I was checking out insure my trip and I am wondering just how everyone else books their insurance, what would be the most important coverage to look at?

Just my opinion, but the most important factor for me is medical coverage. I can generally risk the actual cost of the cruise so any insurance on that is basically fine. What I can not finance would be a tremendous out of country hospital, doctor, and emergency medevac bill! :eek:

I don't go through the ship. The preference for me is to get it all bundled (air, cruise, medical, theft, and other) through Travelguard. I agree that you can save a few $ using the sites which compare Travelguard with the other major travel insurance carriers. But when I have questions, I have found it easy to get through to Travelguard and we were very concerned early this summer when that volcano did a number on european flights.

This question has been asked on CC numerous times and the majority of the answers stated, in the past, that it depended upon your age. They claim that if you are in the senior age groups, that the Carnival insurance is better and cheaper.:) However, if you are in the younger age groups, the Independent insurance carries are better.:eek:

I'm so confused:confused:! At any rate, we're old Carnival junkies who prefer one stop shopping, hence, we book everything through Carnival.

I just found an awesome website which let's you compare multiple insurance providers: quotewright. It will allow you to pick out the insurance that covers what you want to cover at the price you want to spend. Tripinsurance also let's you compare insurances side by side, but I found quotewright to be more comprehensive and it also lists some of the more basic (less expensive) policies.

Just a side note- some of the travel insurance policies do not cover you if you are injured while snorkeling, scuba diving, ziplining, etc. If you plan to do any of those activities, and want to be covered for any possible injury, make sure you purchase a policy that includes these "adventure" activities.

Archived