Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mhoffman55

Just off the Pride

We just returned from our second trip on the Pride. We sailed the Pride when it was doing the Eastern Carribean 2 years ago.

A few things had changed, unfortunatly not the breakfast choices, I wish they'd vary their menu a little bit.

The best excursion we had was Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. The ship does not book this excursion, we heard about it through privious cruisers on this message board. Randi will meet you at the boat, take you to Stone Island for an hour and a half horseback ride on the beach, then leave you at Victors beach resteraunt, where she will meet you and take you back to the boat. It was well worth the 45.00 a person. Tip: try to have exact change, she doesn't take Visa. We had about 30 people from the ship on this trip, who said they all heard about it from Cruise Critic.

Cabos San Lucas was raining, but before the rain we nested at Hacienda Beach, a short taxi ride from the ship. Billigan's will let you use their lounges and umbrellas provided you buy drinks from them. As I'm sure all the beach clubs would.

We went to old town in Puerta Vallerta. Be sure to check out Romantic Beach, again lots of places to eat and drink on the beach.

All in all was a good cruise. Can there be a bad one?

I'm going on that exact same cruise in June. What sort of room did you have? Did you get any pictures you can post?

I will take the same cruise 4/24-5/1, 05. Iam cruising single and looking forward to it. Any words or recommendations would be welcomed.....

Thanks,

David

I didnt notice any changes. I did forget to include the dining at David's. It was spectacular. Well worth the 25$. Try to include it in your cruise. We had an outside cabin which was the same size as our previous balcony cabin minus the balcony. I did miss the balcony. We ususally get a surprise upgrade when we check in, this time the ship was full.

I would highly recommend to anyone, checking the message boards for ideas on shore excursions. To book them through the ship will cost you alot more. We have been on 7 cruises and since the first one, have always booked ourselves. Unless of course there was something we couldnt book ourselves.

As for single cruising. I do believe they had some activities on board for singles.