Carnival Glory Cruise Review - August 14 - 19, 2010

CruisinPandora

Thanks for the review ... we leave this Saturday and my kids are asking if I know which movies are playing in the Seaside Theater. Do you recall any of them? Also, do you happen to know if the late seating main shows were before or after dinner? On the Fascination, they were mostly before dinner so we were all wide awake. The ones that start at 10:30, not so much!

I have to agree with you. The last couple of days of this cruise they were everywhere. A group of teens I'd say about 16 were doing a scavenger hunt one day and they starting running down the deck and this one kid ran right into to me. Didn't say excuse me or even look my way. :(

I'm on the 9/2...Labor Day Weekend...sailing....and I'm getting kind of nervous that this might be "summer's last hurrah" for a lot of them.

When my son was little we didn't travel...so...I really hate putting up "with other people's kids" because I never made people put up with mine.

Thanks for the review ... we leave this Saturday and my kids are asking if I know which movies are playing in the Seaside Theater. Do you recall any of them? Also, do you happen to know if the late seating main shows were before or after dinner? On the Fascination, they were mostly before dinner so we were all wide awake. The ones that start at 10:30, not so much!

I can post them tonight, I saved all the "Fun Times" from our cruise.

Seaside Theatre & Amber Palace SHOWS:

Day 1 - Embarktion

6:30pm - Alicia Keys

8:00pm - Billy Joel

10:00pm - Sherlock Holmes

10:30pm - Welcome Aboard Show (one show only)

Day 2 - Sea Day

9:00am - Live morning show

10:30am - Ashore presentation

1:00pm - Master Mixology

6:00pm - BBC electric Proms Paul McCartney

7:00pm - Miles Davis

8:30pm - Old Dogs

10:00pm - Play the Game

8:30pm - Early Dining Show of "Just Rock"

10:309pm - Late Dining Show of "Just Rock"

Day 3 - Halifax

11:00am - Celine Dion

1:00pm - Alicia Keys

3:30pm - Princess & The Frog

6:00pm - Jonas Brothers

8:00pm - It's Complicated

10:00pm - Up In The Air

8:30pm - Early Dining Show of "Justin Illusion"

10:30pm - Late Dining Show of "Justin Illusion"

Day 4 - Saint John

1:00pm - Billy Joel

2:30pm - Jonas Brothers

6:00pm - Beach Boys

8:00pm - The Spy Next Door

10:00pm - Showcase of the Starts (one show only)

Day 5 - Sea Day

9:00am - Morning Show

11:00am - Debarkation show

6:00pm - JOnas Brothers

8:00pm - The Blind Side

10:30pm - Sherlock Holmes

8:30pm - Early Dining show of "Livin' in America"

10:30pm - Late Dining show of "Livin' in America"

Hi, glad you had a good tiime. Could you tell me who was the Rock and Roll Band on the Glory? Thanks for the info. Mary49

Here is the list of all the bands that played:

Cocktail Piano with Milos

Island Sounds with Dynamic Force

Variety with Johnny

Romantic Music with Play That

Live LAtin with Hot Fiesta

Karaoke Party with Megan

Party Music with Music Connection (also did Party Tunes & Classic Rock)

Sing-Along Party with Bruce

Dance Sounds with DJ Erica

When we were on there on Aug 19th, the two movies I remember in the seaside theater were Blindside and Sherlock Holmes.

01Sweetpea posted the schedule from her week. Unfortunately we have late dining so we'll be missing the movies we'd like to see. I tried changing my dining choice to early seating, but I'm waitlisted, so hopefully that will change before Saturday!

Ports:

As I stated this was our fifth time doing this itinerary so we're very familiar with Saint John, NB and Halifax, N.S. In Halifax our first stop we just walked the entire walkway stopping to check out shops and other interesting things. It was a bright sunny day great for doing just that. At Saint John it was a bit chilly, very humid, drizzly so we did our usual walk up to and through the mall over to the Farmer's Market out to the park stopping to visit certain shops and new things that have appeared. We enjoyed both then back to the ship for lunch and people watching.

First your review is terrific and, so glad you enjoyed your cruise...thanks for that. I am especially interested in your port review as we will be taking this very cruise on Sept 25. I am assuming you are able to walk to these directly from the ship..no excursion needed? Were you able to see any historic sites in Halifax like the Citadel or was it just shopping? Whatever you can share would be appreciated.

Archived