Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Last time we cruised, the escargot in the dining room was not on the menu and one only learned of it the night it was offered if the waiter mentioned it. Next time I'm asking a head waiter on the first day of our cruise when it will be offered. Not willing to take a chance of missing it...a cruise without escargot is just a boat ride.

Actually on our last cruise on the Grand we learned that you can have escargot anytime but you need to let the dining room know 24 hours in advance. Hope this gives you something to look forward to on the next cruise.

Kevin

Actually on our last cruise on the Grand we learned that you can have escargot anytime but you need to let the dining room know 24 hours in advance. Hope this gives you something to look forward to on the next cruise.

Kevin

That's true for most dishes. I know we missed crab legs as they were the same night as our chef's table. So the maitre D took the order for us for the next night.

Last time we cruised, the escargot in the dining room was not on the menu and one only learned of it the night it was offered if the waiter mentioned it. Next time I'm asking a head waiter on the first day of our cruise when it will be offered. Not willing to take a chance of missing it...a cruise without escargot is just a boat ride.

You are SPOT ON on that one, Jeannie! I LIVE for the Princess escargot - okay, my own little guilty pleasure is that I always have 2 orders of my own, and then eat my husband's as well :o ! I never have escargot any other time, so if I leave the cruise without my "fix" it would feel like unfinished business! I always ask - and then I make sure I'm there in the MDR the night it's being served!

I don't know about the bigger ships, but the small ships have ice cream at the buffet from 3:30 to 4:30 each afternoon

Also the libraries are great.

If the ship has "Scoops" or an Ice Cream Bar on the Lido Deck, the ice cream there is now free and they have discontinued the free ice cream at the buffet. Thankfully, I was able to get free chocolate or vanilla hard ice cream at Scoops since I didn't care for the soft-serve. If you don;t like the cones, bring a small, empty dish from the buffet and tell them you have a wheat allergy. They'll put the ice cream in the dish.

At dinner, you can ask to see the menu for the next night, if you don't like what is on the menu you can ask for something different and they will make it for you, they are very accomodating. I also ask for fresh berries for dessert and they are usually very obliging.

On the larger ships, such as the Ruby, Emerald, Crown, etc., there is a secret door that leads out to a deck above the bridge. It's a great place to be during sailaway. Just go to the Lido deck and go all the way forward. You will see a door on either side. Go through those doors to another door that leads to a few steps leading to this deck. However, these doors are locked while at sea. It's way too windy and therefore dangerous.

On the larger ships, such as the Ruby, Emerald, Crown, etc., there is a secret door that leads out to a deck above the bridge. It's a great place to be during sailaway. Just go to the Lido deck and go all the way forward. You will see a door on either side. Go through those doors to another door that leads to a few steps leading to this deck. However, these doors are locked while at sea. It's way too windy and therefore dangerous.

Will try to remember this next January!!;)

You can order a complementary plate of assorted stuffed olives at the martini bar. If you bring wine onboard you can pick up wine glasses at any bar or just leave your room steward a note to always leave clean glasses in your room. If you pre purchase internet minutes before you leave you will get free minutes based on the package you pick. If you are staying in an interior stateroom leave the TV on the bridge cam channel it will give the illusion of a window and if you leave it on all night it will serve as a night light.

I wholeheartedly agree! Yum!

Archived