Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Details

Seattle hotels 6/3/2005

I called and tried to book a room at Comfort Suites, but they were sold out. They suggested Hampton Inn or Quality Inn. Anyone have any reccomendations? Thanks for any help.

I called and tried to book a room at Comfort Suites, but they were sold out. They suggested Hampton Inn or Quality Inn. Anyone have any reccomendations? Thanks for any help.

Do you happen to have criteria by which to book? (i.e. location, etc.) There is a wide variety of properties available with a range of location options vs. price. While there are no hotels really within walking distance of Terminal 30 where the Princess ships dock, there is a good number of properties both downtown and in the outskirts.

Steve

We stayed in the Hampton Inn and it was perfect for our family. It was clean and they had a decent buffet breakfast that was good for travelers on the go.

The price was right, it was clean and spacious but it does not have any frills. One night we picked up cooked crab legs and shrimp from the Pike Market, picked up some wine and soda for the kids, we went back to the suite and had a great light dinner.

Do you happen to have criteria by which to book? (i.e. location, etc.) There is a wide variety of properties available with a range of location options vs. price. While there are no hotels really within walking distance of Terminal 30 where the Princess ships dock, there is a good number of properties both downtown and in the outskirts.

Steve

We would like to be near Pikes Market or Downtown near something of interest for only one afternoon/evening of sightseeing. We will take a cab to Terminal.

We stayed in the Hampton Inn and it was perfect for our family. It was clean and they had a decent buffet breakfast that was good for travelers on the go.

The price was right, it was clean and spacious but it does not have any frills. One night we picked up cooked crab legs and shrimp from the Pike Market, picked up some wine and soda for the kids, we went back to the suite and had a great light dinner.

We too have stayed at Hampton's before and were pleased. We liked Comfort Suites because they had a free shuttle. However, we will keep looking for any other ideas.

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco, right in downtown across from the W and near the now defunct FAO Schwartz. I recall them having some great special rates, plus it was a very nice hotel, and located maybe 4 blocks from the waterfront. Would definitely stay there again.

The Hampton is about two blocks from the Comfort Suites. Both are a few blocks northeast of Seattle Center (Space Needle, EMP, Sci-Fi Museum, Science Center, Opera House). From Seattle Center, you can take the Monorail (about $3 round-trip) to downtown and then walk a couple of blocks to Pike Place. Or, you can just take a cab to Pike Place, it's only about a $5-10 cab ride away. Downtown, there are tons and tons of hotels, but they're usually more expensive than the ones by Seattle Center. Avoid the Sixth Avenue Inn, it's kind of dumpy for the price.

I'd do Hotwire for a minimum 3 star in the Pike Place Market area. If you stay at 3 stars and above you should do fine as far as safety/conveniences. Or try by the Seattle Center area since there's so much to do there, and just take a cab to the port. It's not that much farther away.

Hotwire has a much more liberal rating system than Priceline, meaning a 3* on Hotwire is often a 2* on Priceline. Hotwire's fees are higher. The majority of bids won on Hotwire can be won for a minimum of $15+ less on Priceline.

Case in point, I just won the Venetian on Priceline for $130/nt, hotwire was showing $162. Biddingfortravel.com is the best source availible for information when bidding for hotels. Should you decide to go this route, definitely check out the website. You should be able to save $$ by bidding in Seattle.

I have been on 3 cruises out of Seattle and will be on another in May. Each time we have stayed at Hampton and will continue to stay there. It is very clean, and they have in-room coffee pot and a very nice free breakfast. I don't think you can do much better for the money. We drive up there from Portland and leave our car there for the week. Parking used to be free, but now it is $5.00 per day. We take a short cab ride to and from pier. They do not have a restaurant on the property, but several near by.

Hi. Try looking up the Silver cloud. Balcony rooms right on Lake Union. A stone's throw from Space Needle and Pike's Market. Shuttle to Docks, Nice little pool. From rooms see Space needle and Queen Ann Hill. Quiet spot but close to a lot.....Roy