FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

Yes, the process is quick and easy. Glad you got your credit. Now if we all can manage to get to the port to board our respective ships with out being body scanned, radiated, patted down in an enhanced manner, or detained at the airport, we will be fine. We will need the extra OBC for cocktails after all that!

I faxed all the documenbts needed for the Military discount (and also under separate fax for our friend and fellow passenger). This was all done last Wednesday 14th. I have read on that it has only been taking a few days and the credits were appearing in the Personalizer section.

Where is it exactly that I can go in and check - I tried the Travel Summary and nothing shows up there as yet?

Ofcourse, we don't sail till February - so maybe thats why its taking longer than some.

Thanks

I faxed all the documenbts needed for the Military discount (and also under separate fax for our friend and fellow passenger). This was all done last Wednesday 14th. I have read on that it has only been taking a few days and the credits were appearing in the Personalizer section.

Where is it exactly that I can go in and check - I tried the Travel Summary and nothing shows up there as yet?

Ofcourse, we don't sail till February - so maybe thats why its taking longer than some.

Thanks

I can only go from my recent experience - Princess notified my TA that we got the OBC. It is not showing up anywhere on my cruise personalizer but my TA checked and said we did get it. Have read on other sites that it doesn't always show up on your personalizer but it is there. If you used a TA check with that person and if you booked through Princess they should send you an email directly. Let us know when you hear - happy sailing!

Thanks

Did you book through Princess or through a TA? I booked through a TA and mine did not show up on my Personalizer, Travel Summary or at all on the Princess site. However my TA provided me a sheet that showed the OBC on my account. But I believe (not for sure) that if you book through Princess you may be able to see the fare summary and OBC on the Travel Summary portion. Maybe another CC'er can confirm this.

I think you might be mixing up your days? (Happens to me all the time!);)

Last Wednesday was the 10th (not the 14th), and you posted then that you were waiting to get a copy of your husband's DD214.

If you did in fact receive and then fax everything on the 14th, that would have been Sunday ... just 3 days ago.

As somebody else said, if you booked directly through Princess, you'll be able to see the obc in your Circle discounts section. If you booked through a travel agent, he or she can see the credits and send you a copy if you want.

Good luck! :cool:

Thanks

Please see my posts 403, 411 & 412. They may be of help.

Bill- I surely did mess up on the dates - "senior moment" - I have egg on myh face!! Nonetheless, I do appreciate all the input - I did book through a TA although, I did not ask them to handle this matter for me - I shall give them a call however, and see if they can determine if the credit has been given as yet.

Thanks again everyone for helping this "old lady".

According to a press release dated November 11, 2010 on the Princess website, these are the qualifications to receive their military OBC:

The line's military personnel onboard credit program is available to active military personnel plus retired and disabled military veterans with proper verification as follows:

--Active personnel currently serving in the following service divisions: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reserves, Canadian National Defense (military verification certificate)

--Retired personnel defined as: Enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, medically retired or 100% disabled (blue or tan uniformed ID card/Canadian white N.D. 21 ID card) --Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or Canadian National Defense (DD 214 plus current photo ID)

Here is a link to the press release:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1130

Happy sailing.....

I just phone Princess Customer Service. They were clueless about this program, and would not release a phone number for Yield Management. I am simply taking a shot in the dark and faxing the information (not sure exactly what is required for proof of service) to Yield Management. I'll let you know if anything comes of this.

It's great that Princess is doing this. It's exasperating that no one there seems to know about it.

Fax or send a copy of your DD214.

Since they put out the information by e-mail etc. they have been deluged with applications and questions - I talked to Lisa McDaniel last week, since I had applied and heard nothing - she told me they were working hard to get these processed, that they were working on December sailings at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to all for the information on the OBC for Military! My husband just emailed all his information in, and we are hoping for $100 off our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. We've also passed the information on to the other people cruising with us!

This Board is wonderful!

Susan

Only Princess offers it. Just because they are all owned by the same company doesn't mean they all follow the same processes.

Thanks to everyone who gave out this info. I have two cousins who have gotten their OBCs for upcoming Princess cruises. Now, I have noticed a couple other posters asking if Carnival or HAL are giving similar OBCs for past military. My next door friends are going on HAL over Thanksgiving. I was telling them about this Princess OBC. Since they are all under CCL corp, and some of you must also cruise HAL, does ANYONE know if HAL is also giving this OBC? There's no reply to the other posts so I can only assume no one knows...? Anyone know the 'Lisa contact' for HAL? Thanks to any info someone has!

Thanks to all for the information on the OBC for Military! My husband just emailed all his information in, and we are hoping for $100 off our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. We've also passed the information on to the other people cruising with us!

This Board is wonderful!

Susan

The $100 is for on board credit that helps pay for your on board charges (auto tips, drinks, shopping, etc) - it is not for $100 off the cost of the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I found the shareholders report which has Yield Managements contact info. You may want to call the phone number though and confirm the OBC for Military Discount before faxing your information though.

Tel: 800-872-6779

Fax: 661-753-0151

Let us know what you find out. I'm sure there are many people that will be interested in this!

~K

Go to the Princes web site - select FAQ Cruise Answer Place - select Special

Military Program I have sailed with Princes several times and this has been in effect for at least 5 years!

:)

Archived