Specialty Dining Questions

Denali2003

Hello. I have a couple of questions about specialty dining on Princess ships. We have cruised 5 times on Princess, but we never had to ask about these questions before. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in March. We are not doing formal night (after 5 times, we're kind of tired of it) and would like to go to the Crown Grill instead.

#1 - in the speciality dining rooms - if you order Lobster do you have to pay extra on top of the already $20 charge?

#2 - Also the specialty dining rooms - On formal night, do you have to dress formal for the specialty dining?

Thanks!

hello. I have a couple of questions about specialty dining on princess ships. We have cruised 5 times on princess, but we never had to ask about these questions before. We will be on the caribbean princess in march. We are not doing formal night (after 5 times, we're kind of tired of it) and would like to go to the crown grill instead.

#1 - in the speciality dining rooms - if you order lobster do you have to pay extra on top of the already $20 charge?

yes.

#2 - also the specialty dining rooms - on formal night, do you have to dress formal for the specialty dining?

they publicize that you don't have to but some head waiters are trying to enforce their own rules on certain ships. Be prepared with princess's written statement just in case.

thanks!

:d:d:d

#2 - Also the specialty dining rooms - On formal night, do you have to dress formal for the specialty dining? Princess policy is smart casual every evening in the specialty dining rooms. Some have reported that the Ruby insists on formal wear on formal nights.

Thanks!

see above

Hello. I have a couple of questions about specialty dining on Princess ships. We have cruised 5 times on Princess, but we never had to ask about these questions before. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in March. We are not doing formal night (after 5 times, we're kind of tired of it) and would like to go to the Crown Grill instead.

#1 - in the speciality dining rooms - if you order Lobster do you have to pay extra on top of the already $20 charge?

The standard $25 charge covers the smaller lobster tail.

For a $9 upcharge you can order the live Maine or the 12 ounce tail.

Be aware that either way you can order as much as you like from the menu, there is no limit.

#2 - Also the specialty dining rooms - On formal night, do you have to dress formal for the specialty dining?

You may want to check with the venue once onboard as there is conflicting info.

Thanks!

See above.

The standard $25 charge covers the smaller lobster tail.

For a $9 upcharge you can order the live Maine or the 12 ounce tail.

Be aware that either way you can order as much as you like from the menu, there is no limit.

So, do you only pay the $9 upcharge ONCE (if you want the whole lobster) and still get as much as you want?
like to go to the Crown Grill instead.

If you order the special lobster, it is $9 like mentioned above. Not sure if it has been discontinued as mentioned.

However, lobster is on the menu. You can order a steak and ask for the lobster tail entree as a side dish and they will do it for you.

BTW, Crown Grill is a $25 surcharge.

When we did the Crown Grill we just ordered the lobster tails that were included in the $25 price. They brought us two each and it was more than enough. No reason, in my mind, to pay that extra $9 as we liked the included lobster tails just fine. I love the Crown Grill - beautiful setting and yummy food!

Have fun on your cruise.

Thank you for all of your information. I did some more digging and was able to find the Crown Grill's menu on line. Talked to DH and he agrees, the lobster tail that is on the menu is fine with him.

There will be 6 of us going there for dinner on our cruise. Should be fun.:)

Thank you for all of your information. I did some more digging and was able to find the Crown Grill's menu on line. Talked to DH and he agrees, the lobster tail that is on the menu is fine with him.

There will be 6 of us going there for dinner on our cruise. Should be fun.:)

You'll have a great time and the food is fantastic! Plus, it's a very pretty setting to eat in.

Archived