Does Blue have formal nights?

mljatsea

We are sailing AQ on the Solstice Oct. 3 with three other couples. One of the men said he saw somewhere that there are no formal nights in Blu. I cannot find anything to that effect. It seems strange that Blu would have not formal nights when the rest of the ship, except those who choose to opt out, observes formal nights. If you've sailed AQ please advise.

11/2009 Azamara Quest Ancient Empires

12/2008 Seabourn Legend Panama Canal

12/2007 Celebrity Millennium Spain and T/A Westbound

10/2004 Chardonnay Provence

7/2001 Wilderness Discoverer Alaska

7/1999 A&K Chanterelle Burgundy

5/1998 Princess Dawn Princess Reposition Pacific NW

8/1996 QE2 T/A Eastbound

7/1995 HAL Maasdam Baltic

4/1995 NCL West. Caribbean

3/1994 Star Clipper Windward Islands

3/1992 RCCL Song of America West. Caribbean

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness”—Mark Twain

The dress code is for the entire ship including BLU. A formal night is a formal night in all dining venues.

Sorry, but not true, formal is not required in the oceanview cafe, the bistro, & depending on which page of the X website you believe, the specialty resturants. It is definitely required in the MDR & Blu.

Thank you for the comments. My DH has a tux and looks great in it so I'm encouraging that. Additional input from previous AQ cruisers will be welcome.

I will be in Aqua Class this weekend and I will be reporting Live daily here on the Celebrity Board so come back and look for my thread. But my DH will be bringing his Tux, so I will report on how many guys in Tux we see ;)

We sailed this summer on the Eclipse and dined in BLU. The same attire for formal night was expected in BLU as in the main dining room. Lots of tuxes, dark suits , and kilts!

The BLU Maitre'D's were in tuxes as well on formal nights.

We are sailing AQ on the Solstice Oct. 3 with three other couples. One of the men said he saw somewhere that there are no formal nights in Blu. I cannot find anything to that effect. It seems strange that Blu would have not formal nights when the rest of the ship, except those who choose to opt out, observes formal nights. If you've sailed AQ please advise.

11/2009 Azamara Quest Ancient Empires

12/2008 Seabourn Legend Panama Canal

12/2007 Celebrity Millennium Spain and T/A Westbound

10/2004 Chardonnay Provence

7/2001 Wilderness Discoverer Alaska

7/1999 A&K Chanterelle Burgundy

5/1998 Princess Dawn Princess Reposition Pacific NW

8/1996 QE2 T/A Eastbound

7/1995 HAL Maasdam Baltic

4/1995 NCL West. Caribbean

3/1994 Star Clipper Windward Islands

3/1992 RCCL Song of America West. Caribbean

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness”—Mark Twain

Unfortunately, Celebrity has conflicting information on their web site, one section says it is formal for all restaurants another says it is smart casual...

I hate to disagree with my friends on this thread however the dress code for BLU based upon my cruise last week is definitely smart casual every night. I saw many men in suits, very few in tuxes, some in sport jackets and many also in just shirts. Nothing was said by the maitre'ds and the dailies provided no guidence either way....Celebrity eliminated the formal for the whole ship concept about three years ago when they changed the dress codes from three to two...

Here is the conflicting info from the web site...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000zKbUiw2Zt5r2oDoLifDrVkx:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=2728&pagename=faq_answers

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00000FKJl0DqgUOIgalc7G-e80V:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Specialty+Dining&faqId=3377&pagename=faq_answers

Didn't mean to sound so know it all:) (cause I don't) Sorry bout that.

You didn't. My post was less than accurate and you amended it. That is most appreciated by those who are seeking the best information. Really, you were on mark.

Unfortunately, Celebrity has conflicting information on their web site, one section says it is formal for all restaurants another says it is smart casual...

I hate to disagree with my friends on this thread however the dress code for BLU based upon my cruise last week is definitely smart casual every night. I saw many men in suits, very few in tuxes, some in sport jackets and many also in just shirts. Nothing was said by the maitre'ds and the dailies provided no guidence either way....Celebrity eliminated the formal for the whole ship concept about three years ago when they changed the dress codes from three to two...

Here is the conflicting info from the web site...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000zKbUiw2Zt5r2oDoLifDrVkx:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=2728&pagename=faq_answers

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00000FKJl0DqgUOIgalc7G-e80V:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Specialty+Dining&faqId=3377&pagename=faq_answers

Don:

I've been in Blu multiple times and concur with your observations.

Sorry, but not true, formal is not required in the oceanview cafe, the bistro, & depending on which page of the X website you believe, the specialty resturants. It is definitely required in the MDR & Blu.

iwas on the millie this summer and the spec resturant was jackets every night for men. i loved that!!!

OK, so how do we find out the definitive answer here? Surely with all the posts and reviews of Blu someone must know for sure. I am hoping to be able to dine in Blu during the formal nights and dress smart casual. Anyone have first hand, recent experience as to if this is allowed? Anyone know what the breakfast dress code is? Are shorts allowed or is it more dressy for breakfast? Also, what type of breakfast items do they serve- can you get get eggs cooked to order, omelets, pancakes, etc., or is it more continental, light fare?

You didn't. My post was less than accurate and you amended it. That is most appreciated by those who are seeking the best information. Really, you were on mark.

Thanks, I tend to be matter of fact, & sometimes when I reread my posts I think, wow, that sounded so cold:)

Another thing to keep in mind, we peeked our heads into blu on a regular night before we went to dinner...seemed like the people were dressed a notch above what we saw in the MDR... seemed like a very, very nice venue & experience.

You are corect. That is one of the many reasons that we love this venue.

The dress code for males, both in the main dining room and Blu, is tux, suit, or dinner jacket. My wife and I always follow the dress code; and, we do not care about the endeavors of others in this regard. The fact that some may have observed that the code was not being followed, does not mean that the code has changed, it simply means that some folks will not abide by same.

I had a bit of a rollercoaster ride reading through these posts and sure hope that Blue is "formal" for our cruise :)

I just picked up my hubby's new suit & dress shirts and my new cocktail dress from the cleaners... they are hanging up ready to be packed next week. I had a bit of a challenge convincing DH that Celebrity Solstice & Aqua Class were the way to go for our first cruise.

I will get this look :eek: from DH if everyone else is "smart casual" in Blu on formal night.

:D

I had a bit of a rollercoaster ride reading through these posts and sure hope that Blue is "formal" for our cruise :)

I just picked up my hubby's new suit & dress shirts and my new cocktail dress from the cleaners... they are hanging up ready to be packed next week. I had a bit of a challenge convincing DH that Celebrity Solstice & Aqua Class were the way to go for our first cruise.

I will get this look :eek: from DH if everyone else is "smart casual" in Blu on formal night.

Rest ASSURED not everyone will be "smart casual" in Blu on formal night. On our Solstice cruise the Tuxes and suits FAR outnumbered those without a jacket on formal night. No, nobody got "kicked out" cause they didn't have a jacket but they were very much in the minority.

I also agree with other posters here that said most night Blu guests seemed to be a bit dressier than overall MDR. May or may not be true because it's so much smaller a sampling of guests but I it sure seemed that way. You won't be disappointed, Blu is a wonderful venue!

OK, so how do we find out the definitive answer here? Surely with all the posts and reviews of Blu someone must know for sure. I am hoping to be able to dine in Blu during the formal nights and dress smart casual. Anyone have first hand, recent experience as to if this is allowed? Anyone know what the breakfast dress code is? Are shorts allowed or is it more dressy for breakfast? Also, what type of breakfast items do they serve- can you get get eggs cooked to order, omelets, pancakes, etc., or is it more continental, light fare?

I was on Solstice two weeks ago and it was definitely smart casual...Breakfast is shorts, etc, same as everyone else on the ship. They serve a regular breakfast including all the items you mentioned above...

Most will be dressed formal but some will be smart casual...

The dress code for males, both in the main dining room and Blu, is tux, suit, or dinner jacket. My wife and I always follow the dress code; and, we do not care about the endeavors of others in this regard. The fact that some may have observed that the code was not being followed, does not mean that the code has changed, it simply means that some folks will not abide by same.

Sorry, but again, that is not the case anymore, they are following the dress code on the website that says smart casual. Most people dress formal but the dress code is definitely smart casual.

Archived