Does Blue have formal nights?

mljatsea

However, I was disappointed to find that the ship photographers took formal night photos of diners in the MDR but not in Blu.

We were disappointed too that the photographers never came around Blu. :(

Wear what you want, within reason, realizing that if you don't dress formally, to some you will be underdressed but for most of us WE JUST WON'T CARE!!(unless you show up in torn jeans, wife beater's T-Shirt, flip flops and a baseball cap....:eek:)
I don't want to turn this thread into another dress code discussion, but I was amazed and really disappointed in how many people on the Eclipse still went to dinner, in the MDR, in Blu, and even our formal night in Murano, in jeans and t-shirts. To me, it's disrespectful. :mad:

Also, there was a guy who wore a baseball cap EVERY TIME in Blu... after a couple days of grinding my teeth, I mentioned it to the maitre d' -- and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what can we do?" :eek:

We were disappointed too that the photographers never came around Blu. :(

They showed-up at least one of the two formal evenings when we were in Blu this past January. I personally wished that they had not. Not only is it a pain, you can get much better pictures in the other open areas of the ship.

On the Solstice last week we the policy was Blu and MDR observed formal night, Tuscan Grille, Murano and Silk Harvest were smart casual and above every night.

We showed up to Blu first formal night without jackets, and the Maitre D brought out jackets for us to wear as we walked to our table (then said it was OK to put the jackets on the backs of our chairs while we ate).

We didn't want this to happen for the second formal night, so we ate in Tuscan Grille.

Photographer came by Blu on first formal night, and were back in the specialty restaurants again the second formal nights. I became friends with a couple of the photographers I saw them so much!

On the Solstice last week we the policy was Blu and MDR observed formal night, Tuscan Grille, Murano and Silk Harvest were smart casual and above every night.

We showed up to Blu first formal night without jackets, and the Maitre D brought out jackets for us to wear as we walked to our table (then said it was OK to put the jackets on the backs of our chairs while we ate).

We didn't want this to happen for the second formal night, so we ate in Tuscan Grille.

Photographer came by Blu on first formal night, and were back in the specialty restaurants again the second formal nights. I became friends with a couple of the photographers I saw them so much!

That would be a change from our Oct.24th Solstice cruise.

Murano was included as a formal dress location with Blu and MDR.

You are correct; and, additionally, the cuisine is outstanding. I am looking forward to lobster for Christmas dinner.

Mr. Jack, I hope you enjoy your Christmas Dinner, & that it exceeds expectations:) I will be enjoying turkey with my nearest & dearest...for the first time in many years I won't have to be up at 6-am to cook it, parents volunteered for Xmas this year!

Nordski,

I need to Clarify, Murano was formal on formal nights, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest were Smart Casual. I had to go back and look at the dailies I posted on here last week to double check!

Celebrity had better change their web site then since they state that all specialty restaurants are smart casual and in another portion of the web site they consider Blu a specialty restaurant. I find it ironic that they haven't enforced their dress codes for several years and now are doing so in contradiction to their own web site.

I am not giving an opinion on my dress code preference just stating the facts..

To add fuel to the Flames. Celebrity on its website identifies Blu as a Traditional Dining Venue for Aqua Class Guests.

link http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=main_dining_arrangements&cS=SIDENAV

An the third paragraph under Traditional Dining states,

"For AquaClassSM stateroom guests onboard Solstice Class® ships, Traditional Dining includes dining in Blu-a fresh dining sanctuary offering healthful, delicious fare."

So as the Traditional Dining Venue for Aqua Class, Blu should be under the dress code for the Main Dining Room.

However, if you are a suite passenger paying the $5 "specialty dining fee" for Blu, I suppose you could consider it a "Specialty Dining Restaurant" and wear Smart Casual.

We will be in Formal Wear. Tux and Cocktail Dress.

To add fuel to the Flames. Celebrity on its website identifies Blu as a Traditional Dining Venue for Aqua Class Guests.

link http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=main_dining_arrangements&cS=SIDENAV

An the third paragraph under Traditional Dining states,

"For AquaClassSM stateroom guests onboard Solstice Class® ships, Traditional Dining includes dining in Blu-a fresh dining sanctuary offering healthful, delicious fare."

So as the Traditional Dining Venue for Aqua Class, Blu should be under the dress code for the Main Dining Room.

However, if you are a suite passenger paying the $5 "specialty dining fee" for Blu, I suppose you could consider it a "Specialty Dining Restaurant" and wear Smart Casual.

We will be in Formal Wear. Tux and Cocktail Dress.

Another web site item they need to correct, here is the description of Blu as a Specialty restaurant.

A culinary delight your senses won't soon forget - this is Blu.

As the specialty restaurant serving our AquaClass guests, Blu's menu features fresh, flavorful dishes with healthful, indulgent fare. A selection of International and California wines accentuate your meal, all to be enjoyed in an intimately relaxing atmosphere.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/specialtyDining/Blu.do;jsessionid=0000IhXLpNpcmzp8VLMl35RPv0t:12hdebcnj?pagename=sl_blu_detail

We have booked Murano for the second formal night on Solstice, and plan to dress formally. Will we be uncomfortably out of place? I had looked forward to this being an extra-special formal evening! :(

You will not be out of place, plenty of people will be dressed formal in Murano...

Nordski,

I need to Clarify, Murano was formal on formal nights, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest were Smart Casual. I had to go back and look at the dailies I posted on here last week to double check!

Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't have been surprised had their policy changed in the past month.

As I posted earlier, in our experience in Blu, they did attempt to enforce formal dress by handing a jacket to men who lacked same.

As I posted earlier, in our experience in Blu, they did attempt to enforce formal dress by handing a jacket to men who lacked same.

I wish they had in Murano on our formal night: there was a large table (maybe 7?), and no one at it was dressed what I considered appropriately. None of the 'men' ;) had a jacket, and two were wearing faded jeans with their shirttails hanging out....:(. One gal had on a sparkly top, but the other gals looked as if they were headed to a picnic.

I just tried very hard to ignore them.

I wish they had in Murano on our formal night: there was a large table (maybe 7?), and no one at it was dressed what I considered appropriately. None of the 'men' ;) had a jacket, and two were wearing faded jeans with their shirttails hanging out....:(. One gal had on a sparkly top, but the other gals looked as if they were headed to a picnic.

I just tried very hard to ignore them.

Their lack of enforcement in Murano is certainly inconsistent with the policy.

Since there is an added charge, is that a result of the philosophy: "the customer is always right?" Or is it simply a function of who is in charge of each venue?

Archived