Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoachTerry14

Hurricane Igor

Hi:

What's an Invest 91? Is that the name of the "I" hurricane that's next? And where's that going? Is it forming into something? I'm leaving Sept. 19th for St. Thomas, Grenada, Dominica, Bonaire and Arruba. Headed straight for it, right? :eek: I'm worried about flying from PHL to FLL more than the cruise itself. Flight is on the same day and I just want to get to Florida and then let whatever happens happen.

BTW, your hurricane website is the best, and it's very easy to understand.

Thanks, Jackie

Hi:

What's an Invest 91? Is that the name of the "I" hurricane that's next? And where's that going? Is it forming into something? I'm leaving Sept. 19th for St. Thomas, Grenada, Dominica, Bonaire and Arruba. Headed straight for it, right? :eek: I'm worried about flying from PHL to FLL more than the cruise itself. Flight is on the same day.

Thanks, Jackie

Hi:

What's an Invest 91? Is that the name of the "I" hurricane that's next? And where's that going? Is it forming into something? I'm leaving Sept. 19th for St. Thomas, Grenada, Dominica, Bonaire and Arruba. Headed straight for it, right? :eek: I'm worried about flying from PHL to FLL more than the cruise itself. Flight is on the same day.

Thanks, Jackie

An Invest is just a special designation for an area of disturbed weather that the National Hurricane Center is watching for the potential to develop into a Tropical Storm. The numbering is just a sequential number that is assigned to it, the next one will be 92, etc, then after 99 it will begin again at 90. There will also be a letter assigned to it, this one is 91-L for atLantic. Those in the eastern Pacific are designated xx-E. as for your forecasting concerns, I wouldnt worry too much, what is now Tropical Storm Igor should stay plenty north of your islands.

Boy, I know better not to book a cruise during hurricane season...with Tropical Storm Igor out there and the disturbance in the western, I think I should pack my surf board!:cool:

Boy, I know better not to book a cruise during hurricane season...with Tropical Storm Igor out there and the disturbance in the western, I think I should pack my surf board!:cool:

Kinda watching Igor out of the corner of my eye. I don't want to pay him too much attention lest he comes to the western carribean. I think the east coasters could use another storm. :o

I am leaving on the Valor on Sunday, so I am closely watching Igor. Hurricanecity.com is reporting a 7 out of 8 probability it will turn and follow the similar path of Earl. Skirting by Bermuda.

Kinda watching Igor out of the corner of my eye. I don't want to pay him too much attention lest he comes to the western carribean. I think the east coasters could use another storm. :o

There's still plenty of time for Igor to disappear. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a few more days on the ship:)

I will also be on the Valor Sunday :) Really hope this storm stays away from us and doesn't mess with our itinerary!

There's still plenty of time for Igor to disappear. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a few more days on the ship:)

Unfortunately I have to be back at work on Wednesday after we get back.

I am leaving on the Valor on Sunday, so I am closely watching Igor. Hurricanecity.com is reporting a 7 out of 8 probability it will turn and follow the similar path of Earl. Skirting by Bermuda.

I think you'll be ok..

Alot of disturbances and to come off of Africa.. trying to get the airline to fly us out Friday insteand of Sat morning.. so we can make ship.. I wont pay 300.. with that many storms brewing and coming out and Igor... Also the other one that went through Texas will be comoing through Iowa Friday and Sat.. GESh we take off on small planes that wont fly with wind... What are the odds of wind.. give me a break LOL.

will call them tomorrow night and get more tough on this subject... and hoping they will fly us out on friday... and wonder where our ship will go.. eastern right now.. but who knows... Adventure here we come.. :eek:

NO NO NO NO, oh No! Please, no hurricane for the Eastern Caribbean! Igor can feasibly ruin my plans to see Half Moon Cay when I board the Liberty on Sept 18th. It could track East and throw my plans off.

I need Igor to disapate and or track up to Bermuda! I was on the Liberty two years ago when Hurricane IKE ruined the plans when we were to go to HMC, GT, SJ, and ST.T and didn't. This time I want the ship to go there so I can enjoy HMC!!!!!!!

Please Igor, disappear..and Julia, don't even think of forming..no, you wench, don't cause any problems for the Sept 18th sailing of the Liberty...

Sailing the Dream this coming Saturday. :eek: Hope we stay on our eastern itinerary, only been on two other cruises both to the western Carribean so I'd like to see St Thomas this time. Wish us luck, here's to hoping for the best!

But what the heck, still on vacation regardless of where we go!

Cheers!!

Sailing the Dream this coming Saturday. :eek: Hope we stay on our eastern itinerary, only been on two other cruises both to the western Carribean so I'd like to see St Thomas this time. Wish us luck, here's to hoping for the best!

But what the heck, still on vacation regardless of where we go!

Cheers!!

I think you'll be ok, too. No worries, mon..

Alot of disturbances and to come off of Africa.. trying to get the airline to fly us out Friday insteand of Sat morning.. so we can make ship.. I wont pay 300.. with that many storms brewing and coming out and Igor... Also the other one that went through Texas will be comoing through Iowa Friday and Sat.. GESh we take off on small planes that wont fly with wind... What are the odds of wind.. give me a break LOL.

will call them tomorrow night and get more tough on this subject... and hoping they will fly us out on friday... and wonder where our ship will go.. eastern right now.. but who knows... Adventure here we come.. :eek:

So you think that getting tough with the airline is going to do you any good because YOU now want to fly in a day early due to possible weather scenarios and expect them to waive any additional charges ??? Good Luck on that one. YOU opted to fly in on the day of sailing to begin with. YOU took the risk of sailing during hurricane season and possible flight delays...But now YOU want to get "tough" with the airline ??? :rolleyes: I have no pity for those that COULD HAVE elected to fly in a day early for their cruise (especially during hurricane season) but opted not to do so....and now are whining !

But I do hope that anyone sailing this weekend is not affected by weather scenarios beginning to blossom and head towards the caribbean..... Safe Travels to all :)

Predictions I've read shows Igor on same track as Daniele not Earl.

http://www.examiner.com/weather-in-los-angeles/tropical-storm-igor-forms-the-atlantic

:( We are sailing on Carnival Victory this Sunday and I'll be constantly checking Igor's progress until we step on board! Hope all you people who are leaving on a cruise this weekend, escape Igor and have a wonderful time! That's what I plan on doing! If we don't get to visit our scheduled ports, then so be it.. just enjoy your cruise! :):)

I was on the Liberty two years ago when Hurricane IKE ruined the plans when we were to go to HMC, GT, SJ, and ST.T and didn't. This time I want the ship to go there so I can enjoy HMC!!!!!!!

We are sailing the same itinerary two weeks after you folks and I too do not want to miss the Eastern. Just so I have a plan B - when you were missed HMC, STT, SJ & GT last time - what islands did you visit?

:( We are sailing on Carnival Victory this Sunday and I'll be constantly checking Igor's progress until we step on board! Hope all you people who are leaving on a cruise this weekend, escape Igor and have a wonderful time! That's what I plan on doing! If we don't get to visit our scheduled ports, then so be it.. just enjoy your cruise! :):)

We are also on Victory this Sunday watching Igor looks like it will track away from us.