RCCL Photo CD's

I've heard that RCCL offers a photo CD's of all your pictures for purchase - rather than buying individual prints. I had read in a thread that you can gather all of your family members pictures and put on a CD. Sounds too good to be true. I would think that they would only include the picture that include you specifically. Does anyone have knowledge as to what pictures are on the CD - are they just of you.... or can you say who you want on it.

Does it use a sort of facial recognition to only select pictures of you? Or can you add friends that you are traveling with

Thanks in advance

I don't know! I called RCL and was told that you hand them your seapass card and the pic is then stored to you when they DL the pics to the hard drive. They also said that the do have facial recognition so if it picks you up on someone else's group it would put it on the CD for you. I never asked if I had to be in the pic. or not to get a pic put on. I'll have to call back tomorrow to find out unless someone here know. Thanks for bringing this up! Happy Cruising!!!

I would think that they would sell more "Photos/CD's" If they allowed people to add family. Granted people would copy the CD for each other.... but even so, they would have to sell quite a few 5x7's per family to equal the 1 sale of the CD.

You only live once, so I say enjoy it - make the memories last!

It's funny because on my family cruise we all are going to chip in for the CD. Now they may not if I have to keep jumping in to all the pic. They love me but I don't think they love me that much! LOL Happy Cruising!!!!! and I post if I find anything out.

Reminds me of what I do sometimes. If someone is taking a picture right in front of me, I usually give my best pose and a thumbs up. I always wonder what the people will think when the go home and see the picture. :D

Reminds me of what I do sometimes. If someone is taking a picture right in front of me, I usually give my best pose and a thumbs up. I always wonder what the people will think when the go home and see the picture. :D

LOL:p I worked out at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and would do that all the time. Or if we found a camera 35mm we would take one or two shots of someones shoes or a corner of a wall. I know that was mean but you just couldn't help but think of them getting their photos developed and thinking why did you take a picture of that!:eek: To Funny

LOL:p I worked out at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and would do that all the time. Or if we found a camera 35mm we would take one or two shots of someones shoes or a corner of a wall. I know that was mean but you just couldn't help but think of them getting their photos developed and thinking why did you take a picture of that!:eek: To Funny

I bet you would get a lot of opportunities at a place like that. :D

Can you get prints made back home from the CD's pics, or is it just something you're allowed to view on a computer?

Richard.

I Know that on Carnival I E-Mailed them asking about Copying actual Prints that I purchased on a cruise- Carnival Sent me an E-Mail which "Released their ownership" of the print - so long that it ws printed for personal use only.

I can only Imagine that RCCL would do the same thing - afterall, they are 1 big happy family!

• 2 weeks later...

I just call about the Photo CDs. Spoke to Gary.

Image Photo Services operates the photo department onboard all Royal Caribbean ships. They may be reached or (800) 772-3470 or (305) 476-3666, e-mail customerservice@imageservices.com, or write:

Image Photo Services, Inc.

2085 NW 87th Ave, Suite A

Miami, FL 33172

The price is from $299 to $349. Bigger ship I guess more money. Anyway the CD will have everyone that is in your cabin. So for me- any pic my brother or me are in will be put on the CD. But if I want a pic of just my 2 sisters that will not. But my brother and sister could. Hope this help anyone out there.

Happy Cruising!!!!!!!

Won't be buying those CDs, not at that kind of pricing!!:eek::eek::eek:

Good grief, I can make all the pictures I need from a trip and burn 'em to CD in my cabin (should I need to bother with that on the trip) for less than $5.

*Shrug* Oh well some folks will shell it out. More power to 'em.

They effort to make you beleive the CDs are worth it. If you add up all the pictures taken (main dining room, portraits, the ones they try to take of each time you get off in port, the random ones around the ship...IF you are in A LOT of photos, it could be worth it for some families). It doesnt cater to the well seasoned cruiser but to the newbie ones!

Whoever referenced that Royal will follow suit as they are "one big happy family", I think you're a little confused.

They effort to make you beleive the CDs are worth it. If you add up all the pictures taken (main dining room, portraits, the ones they try to take of each time you get off in port, the random ones around the ship...IF you are in A LOT of photos, it could be worth it for some families). It doesnt cater to the well seasoned cruiser but to the newbie ones!

Whoever referenced that Royal will follow suit as they are "one big happy family", I think you're a little confused.

We did not see this "special" until half way through our Freedom cruise - about $50 into purchases. What I can not understand is how they can add the random photos that are taken when departing the ship or around the pool or at the flowrider if they did not scan your seapass. I don't recall the photographer asking for our seapass card. When I scanned my seapass card into their computer, nothing was there but the one photo of us coming on the ship and one group photo on formal night. Or do these not count?

Based on the call to CS one of the replies to this thread mentions, and their reply that any photo that you or your cabin mates are in will be on the CD.. I have a question. What happens when my extended family takes photos at one of the formal settings? I give them my seapass and assume the photos will post to my account. Fine.. but what if there is a photo of just my two granddaughters taken during the seating. Would they delete that photo? What if I hand MY seapass anytime someone in my family takes a photo? Do they scan through each account deleting those pics that do not "seem" to belong?

The CD seemed like a great deal for those who buy lots of photos. There are tens of opportunities to get pics taken each evening. So if you plan to purchase the CD, you could stop at each photo op location (5 or 6 a night) and take hundreds of photos, never purchasing any of them since they will be on the CD and printed MUCH cheaper at Walmart. Has anyone here purchased one? How did they weed out photos that did not match up to the people in the cabin? Seems like a very big job.

They don't scan your SeaPass card it is all done by Facial Recognition. They do say it's not 100% and may miss a photo you're in so you would have to look for you or your cabin mate at the Photo Kiosk. It would work out into your faver if you were in say a Family Suite :o The more people in your cabin the more group sets you could have. And he said not all ship have this option yet. The Monarch of the Seas is one he didn't think has this CD yet (great the one I'm going on)! So I will buy one if they have it for the Family Photo opt. It's the cheapest way if you want lots of Family photos. But I guess we will see in 5 weeks :o Happy Cruising!!!!!

Archived