PH8

When do you plan on going on the Freedom??

When are you hoping to go??  

478 members have voted

1. 1. When are you hoping to go??

• Inaugural
    • between the first and third months
    • between the third and sixth month
    • between the sixth and 12th month
    • I'm gonna wait a year or so............

With all the talk of the Freedom and soon to be booking coming soon....just wondering when most plan on cruising on this ship??

You didn't have my choice. Probably never. I have no interest in the Voyager or larger class of ships. Will stick with the Vision and my favorite the Radiance class.

The big ships are just not for me.

I am looking at the last two weeks of June. My daughter graduates from high school on the 12th, my son is out of college by then, and at least the ship will have sailed a bit to get the kinks out. (hopefully)

Forgot to add my own two cents...............we're looking at Oct or Nov.....(2006)

I voted for 6 - 12 months, but it will probably be longer than that depending on prices.

Guest OBAYbee

I hope to be onboard during the first week in June.

Those of you going on the Inaugural cruise please take PICTURES!

Also, I have started collecting Inaugural chips. I was surprised how many people on Ebay do that too. Let me know if you get some and put them on EBay PLEASE!

Hey PH, my family and I are thinking about going sometime in the summer, although that might be the most expensive time. Hmm... we might reconsider to the fall, though before hurricane season. When IS that, typically?

Hate to tell you Paul,but hurricane season is May till Nov...:( most activity I would say though is Aug thru Oct......(even though it could happen anytime in the season).............

Hi Keasc!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Probably in July. Can't wait to see and hear more about her.

Sheryl

Hoping for inaugural but any of the first few sailings will be good.... :)

Emmy

Would love to go on the inaugural, but we are going with a group and will have to wait for the kids to get out of school.

Depends on when the inaugural cruise is in May. I am hoping for a date that is close to my 50th b-day on May 21st.... Happy birthday to me. I can't think of a better present to myself. Also depends on itinerary and price.... Sue

Hurricane season doesn't start until June 1. May should be wonderful cruising weather.

I stand corrected!! Guess I just got mixed up with the eastern Pacific hurricane season that starts in May:p .............

Just seems all of last year was one big hurricane season here in FL!!:eek:

Hopefully, Oct 2006. I certainly hope that the prices are not anywhere near full fare during that time of year.

never say never. :D I thought that way when Voyager was introduced but changed my mind after sailing on Explorer in 2001 and have since sailed Mariner and Voyager. While our favorite class of ship is Radiance class, each class of RCI ship has its good and bad (less good :)) features, so I'll reserve final judgment until Freedom is out and I have had a chance to check it out. Right now we are looking at October-November, 2006.

Just as soon as the group I am sailing with picks a week!:D

Probably end of Oct. 1st of Nov.

You are still on here. I was emailing with you before I went on my first cruise, the fourth sailing of the Mariner of The Seas.

I plan to go on Freedom of The Seas also. My girlfriend is going to be on the Mariner the 27th. She is booking the cruise for her while she is out there. I'm sure we won't go out on the first trip but maybe close to my birthday toward the end of May. Are you going?

Kedi

Parrothead, you are so right! We thought hurricane season would never end. Came way too close for us. It was supposed to end Nov. 30 but we even had a spillover hurricane this year. You never know but it is still worth it to me to live in Paradise and be close to all these ports!!!

Hate to tell you Paul,but hurricane season is May till Nov...:( most activity I would say though is Aug thru Oct......(even though it could happen anytime in the season).............

Hi Keasc!!

You got that right!

http://hurricanes.noaa.gov/prepare/images/aug.gif

http://hurricanes.noaa.gov/prepare/images/sep.gif

http://hurricanes.noaa.gov/prepare/images/oct.gif

I will admit I like the smaller ships more than the huge ones but never say never. For me I'll wait to see what the outcome is and let them work out the kinks. Just like a brand new model car, I never buy the first year it's debuted for a reason! It's always better the second time around.

Hey Kedi............we hope to go but probably not till the fall...........at first,we wanted to be one of the firsts,but have changed our minds.............

..since I like the Radiance class the best....I found Adventure to be way too big...

but one never knows..my husband and brother in law like the mega ships so I might be forced to partake in a MEGA excursion!!!!

IF the first three months = FULL BROCHURE RATE, our answer to the poll question = fourth month or later. But as a shareholder, please I urge the rest of you to cruise early on! ;)

DEPENDING ON WHEN THE SAILING IS ..

have spring break April 13-23 of '06.. so if it goes out then, I would like to be on it .. any idea of the maiden voyage?

We'd like to do the Transatlantic crossing. Have only brought radiance class ships across, so being on a big ship would be a LOT of fun!

Diane

I said Inaugural - if the timing is right. We did the preview cruise to no-where on Radiance of the Seas, and that was pretty fun to be one of the first people on there.

I'll be on the Freedom when she sails out of Port Canaveral. I live two states away, so I can drive to Port Canaveral in about six hours -- Miami would require an overnight on the road. I'd rather save the airfare than be on the newest ship.

Parrothead8

I was hoping to meet you on board. My girlfriend will be on the Mariner leaving out on the 27th. She is booking the Freedom for us while she is on board. Can't wait to find out more about the ship.

I'll be on the Freedom when she sails out of Port Canaveral. I live two states away, so I can drive to Port Canaveral in about six hours -- Miami would require an overnight on the road. I'd rather save the airfare than be on the newest ship.

"Runaway26We'd like to do the Transatlantic crossing. Have only brought radiance class ships across, so being on a big ship would be a LOT of fun!

Diane"

Ok I have been off the boards for a while so I guess I need some clarification?

Are there plans for the freedom to come to Port canaveral at a future date because o am with mrs. pete i am not driving to Miami unless i have too..

Also I was not awar eof a transatlantic? I would seriously consider that one.....

Ruttie -- I don't believe there are any plans for the Freedom to come to Port Canaveral, which is kind of RC's outpost. I think they're keeping their newest and bestest in their hub of activity: Miami. I was being sarcastic when I said I'd sail the Freedom when itcomes to Port Canaveral, but I'm very serious when I say that saving the airfare (x four people) means more to me than sailing on any one specific ship.