1st time in Palma de Mallorca

deltatango

1st time in Palma de Mallorca it will be in November what should we look to do, walking OAP's.:)

We were in Palma de Mallorca last month. It is beautiful!

We did the cruise line's tour (which I normally try to avoid) and it was very good. Stops at beautiful view points, a visit to the monastery made famous by Chopin, pastry shops and the cathedral. The ship's tour bus made the obligatory stop at a Mallorcan Pearls jewelers. The pearls are pretty and I found some nice gifts to take home for my daughters.

I met people on the ship who were disappointed because they walked around (on their own) and most of the shops were closed on Sunday. I met others who spent the day on the beach and they said it was lovely.

I don't know what "walking OAP's" stands for.

Enjoy your visit to Mallorca.

T&B- we're also "walking OAPs", and find the walk into Palma centre not much of a problem from the port, although I'm sure Indy will provide a shuttle (probably at a cost!). We love the harbour, so if you walk on that side, there's plenty to see- even the King's yacht might be there...

The shuttles normally park below the cathedral- a must to visit- then you're soon into the main shopping square, C&A and all!!! Be careful about eating/drinking in cafes outside in the square, as it can cost extra- tho' Nov might not be warm enough. Buy a cheap coffee at MacDonald's, and use their clean loos....that's in the main square.

If you want beaches- there's Playa de Palma to the east, and Illitas to the west-it's a long, long walk, up a steep hill near a dual carriage way- we don't like doing it for that reason. It's not far by taxi. Same with the castle-taxi up, and you could walk down, but it's quite a stride back.

The old streets of Palma are interesting....it will depend on the weather, in autumn, I'm afraid.

Jo.

Archived