Solstice, noon flight out of FLL too early?

eastoftheboston

Hey all, just booked the Solstice post-Thanksgiving cruise and looking to book airfare. JetBlue has direct flights home to BOS at noon at 2:40 p.m.,

We're booked in AQ, not sure if that means we get early debarkation once we're back at the Ft Lauderdale terminal, but I'm curious about others debarking, and whether a noon flight is cutting it too close? I'm sure we'd have no problem with the 2:40, but I'd hate to have sit in the airport for hours if we don't need to.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

That should be fine; you have a couple of hours of wiggle room for delays. The airport is very, very close to the cruise terminal and the FLL ariport is generally not as crazy as the MIA airport. I would be comfortable with a noon flight.

We were just on the 9/5 sailing of the Solstice and we did the "walk off". We were told to meet at the theater by 7:15 and we were off the ship by 7:30. Once we got to the airport we were through security and sitting waiting by 8:15. We had an 11:40 flight.

Are you starting your cruise in the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving? or are you ending your cruise on the weekend after Thanksgiving?

IT could make a difference as that weekend is usually the biggest travel date for airlines. If you are leaving FLL after Thanksgiving on that weekend, I would be sure to ask on the ship for the earliest departure time that they will give you.

If you can carry off your own luggage, you can do walk off which usually starts before 7 AM. However, usually everyone is off by 9 or 9:30 AM.

Archived