What is Celebrity Cruise Line Like?

cb2367

I am familiar with Norwegian Cruise Lines as I have done several cruises with them in the past. I know the Carnival name, but have not done any Carnival cruises.

I'd like to find out if Celebrity Cruise Lines is a good cruise line for young travelers (30's). Just trying to get some details to see if Celebrity should be considered over NCL.

I am familiar with Norwegian Cruise Lines as I have done several cruises with them in the past. I know the Carnival name, but have not done any Carnival cruises.

I'd like to find out if Celebrity Cruise Lines is a good cruise line for young travelers (30's). Just trying to get some details to see if Celebrity should be considered over NCL.

From everything I have read, it is a great line.

Also if you look at some sites, Celebrity (S-Class) gets 5.5 stars out of 6, newer Royal Carribean, Cunard, Princess, Holland America and Disney get 5 stars. Most NCL (except Epic, 5 star) get 4.0 to 4.5 stars. Older Royal Carribean, Princess and Holland America get 4.0 to 4.5 stars. The stars represent luxury, food, hospitality and other services.

Jon,

My wife and I are also in our 30s and love Celebrity, but be advised that it does cater somewhat towards an older demographic; while we are certaintly not the youngest on our cruises, the average age is significantly higher. Neverheless we have met some wonderful, fun people and, find enough to do onboard, and love the serivce, food, ambiance and beauty of Celebrity's ships (especailly their new S-Class ships).

What are you looking for in a cruise? If you want a lot of energy, excitement and nightlife then you should consider Celebrity's sister line - Royal Caribbean. If you want more of a pampered, tranquil experience then Celebrity may be the best option.

Celebrity is more formal than NCL. Most find the food to be significantly better and the service better as well. The smoking policy is also much more restrictive on Celebrity.

Again, a lot depends on what you are looking for in your cruise as to whether or not Celebrity would be best for you.

Someone explained the ranking of cruise lines this way: Norwegian is a compact Chevy, Carnival is a Dodge family van, Princess and RCC are compact Buicks, HAL and Celebrity are full-size fully equipped Buicks and Crystal and Silverseas are the Cadillacs and Lincolns of the industry,

George +

Celebrity is a mass market cruise line which is more like other mass market cruise lines than it is different from them. However, since it tends to attract an older demographic and does not have many children, it usually sails with only two passengers per cabin while more family oriented cruise lines usually sail at their maximum capacity. This is probably Celebrity's best feature because their ships are less crowded. It is also more formal and has less organized activities. Whether or not this is a positive or negative is a matter of personal preference. Some people love its laid back feel while others find it to be boring. The quality of its cuisine is comparable to other mass market cruise lines but is more gourmet oriented. Celebrity is somewhat unique in that its inside, oceanview, and balcony cabins are the same size.

My husband and I enjoy Celebrity when we are sailing by ourselves or with another couple, but prefer other cruise lines for family reunion cruises that include younger adults and children.

Someone explained the ranking of cruise lines this way: Norwegian is a compact Chevy, Carnival is a Dodge family van, Princess and RCC are compact Buicks, HAL and Celebrity are full-size fully equipped Buicks and Crystal and Silverseas are the Cadillacs and Lincolns of the industry,

George +

Carnival Dream February cruise IMO had the best food I ever had in a ships MDR. Was very impressed and suprized to say the least, from what folks on the boards have to say about them. The ship was just as fancy as any other I have been on too. So I would have to put Carnival in with Princess and Royal Caribbean. Compact Buicks? Fully Equipped Dodge Charger at least!

We have not yet sailed with NCL but of the lines we have used, Celebrity is our favourite. We are in our late 30's now but were in our mid-30's the last time we sailed with Celebrity. I think that the time of year you choose to sail also impacts the demographic. We were on the younger end of the spectrum but met many people our age who we spent time with. It will definately be dressier than an NCL cruise. The nightclub was never "packed". I think Celebrity has great service, great food and a beautiful ship with unique details (like million dollar art collections). We are thrilled to be returning to Celebrity :)

Celebrity is a good fit for us because it is the right balance of fun and sophistication. We have cruise with just the two of us when we were in our late 30's and more recently with our kids.

We enjoy the bands and the shows, though at times they can be a bit corny (guess I still like slightly corny).

We like the very knowlegeable wine service, a bit plus for us in the case of Celebrity.

We enjoy the other passengers... all ages. We have found most other passengers to be usually great with conversation. I enjoy meeting people from all over the world and of more experienced age. Those that are more experienced at life than me that tend to cruise Celebrity have really learned how to enjoy it and make the most of it.

When we cruise with our kids we like the fact that the program is attentive but not over the top. We expect our kids to dine with us most every night and to enjoy the sophistication of formal dining in the MDR. We also like the fact that there are usually only a few other kids on board so they get lots of one on one attention from the kids program counselors. We have always found them to be very good with kids and very professional.

We like the understated but modern decor. We like the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. There is one waiter who they always put on the hand sanitizer station at the entrance to the buffet. It think he knew every passenger's name by the 3rd day of the cruise. Celebrity, I think does a good job of utilizing the strenths of their staff. We have always found the dining room service very professional and courteous. 99% of the food was excellent, with a few misses here and there in the buffet or MDR.

I suggest reading some of the formal reviews in the review section. There will be good reviews and bad ones. You can read between the lines and decided if the details would make or break a cruise for you. No cruise line is for everyone, that is why we have choices, but I feel like Celebrity is a good choice.

Archived