Best tip for Progresso

brekin67

Paying for the "WC" in Europe is not at all unusual and no one seems to complain. I will gladly pay a nominal amount for a clean. safe restroom. In Prague this summer I paid 5 or 10 koruna per visit (Thats like paying a quarter or 50 cents).

Yuppa - was in Paris with my son a couple of summers ago and there were public WC's on the streets in the 18th eme - saw one near the Eiffel Tower, too. Gussied up but clean porta pottys. Think they were like .10 euros to use....

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Paying for TP in Progreso. In 2010 the market was located in a different location (It was moved late 2011 early 2012) and that is why some are posting their was a toilet seat and no attendant. When it was located in the town central there was a attendant that sat there and yes you would have to pay $1.00 US dollars for toilet paper. It was rather shocking for someone that had to really GO! :eek: But a great lesson was learned for me to always pack those handy wipes or flushables.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any time I travel to a 3rd world country, I always try to be prepared, by carring TP, Kleenex, Lysol Wipes, Hand Sanitizer and little first aid kit. But $1.00 US is not a bad price to pay when you got to go.

The first aid kit came in handy on our last cruise. Crashed and burned on a little 1 inch step or change in elevation of the sidewalk, whatever you want to call it. Which reminds me I need to restock it before June.

• 2 weeks later...

So the tip anyone could provide was only about toilet paper?? :confused:

Here is my tip (non-toiletpaper) When you get off at the flea market you will see the covered area where the massage tables are. Hold off on the asking price. We got an hour long massage for 20 bucks. We ended up giving them 10 bucks tip anyway for being good sports. Very relaxing! :D

Archived