Host Mach Please Advise

Warm Breezes

This is the answer mach received:

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) or a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

It is the exact same thing you have been preaching from day one.

That's how I was reading what they said too. I sent Carnival a question through their website asking specifically if I would need to have my marriage license since my DL and my booking name were the same and my maiden name was on my BC. From the way I worded it, I am looking for a yes or no answer. I will post what their response when we get it. Reading through the response Mach received (even though he is interpreting it differently than how I am reading it), the WHTI rules, and Carnivals Document FAQs, I'm still not seeing where one is required. If I can't get a definative yes or no answer from Carnival, I will take my ML with me just because it is easy and free to take. I will then post my experience.

I do wish that Carnival would address this specifically in their FAQ's (wording it so there would be no ? as to what was required and when) and be consistent in enforcing it. That way we won't get conflicting true experiences to confuse us all and we would all know specifically what was required.

Carnival doesn't make the rules as to what documents are required.

I wish that the powers-that-be would just go ahead and make passports required, even for closed loop cruises. It would greatly simply things and eliminate these types of threads.

I think it's foolish to travel out of the country without a passport these days anyway.

Wrong. Carnival does make the rules as to what is required to board their ship. WHTI makes the rules as to what is required to get back into the country. WHTI (the powers that be) allowed the closed loop exception. They do not require anywhere in their rules a ML. Carnival does not have anything written in their required Travel Document sections requiring a ML...But they could require you to have one to get on their ship. The question is do they really require it and if they do in what circumstances? I have always believed they required it if your photo ID does not match your boarding name. Their have some posters who have claimed to have had it required when it did match. Host Mach interpreted Carnival's response as meaning it is required. I and many others have never been asked for it. Carnival needs to be more specific and then be more consistent in enforcing whatever their rules are.

You may think it is foolish, but it is allowed and legal for those of us who wish to go this route.

I just honestly don't see why all of this is such a big deal. To get a passport you have to be able to bridge the gaps in your name. Why wouldn't you have to do the same for Homeland Security while trying to get back in the USA? :confused: I decided to save the drama and got a passport...no worries now!!:D

why are people so steadfastly stubborn about this sort of thing? "i have the RIGHT to never leave the country except on caribbean cruises and that's to be LAUDED goddamnit! to hell with passports!"

imo not having a passport is kind of shameful after a certain age. they're a trivial amount of money and good for TEN YEARS.

Wow that is foul language!:D

Are passport threads the new smoking threads?

why are people so steadfastly stubborn about this sort of thing? "i have the RIGHT to never leave the country except on caribbean cruises and that's to be LAUDED goddamnit! to hell with passports!"

imo not having a passport is kind of shameful after a certain age. they're a trivial amount of money and good for TEN YEARS.

what are you trying to say?

what are you trying to say?

passports are trivial amounts of money for the length of time they are valid, they provide CYA in case of emergencies like missing the ship, and you can travel to other countries with them. what's to lose?!

THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT PASSPORTS>>>>>> It is none of your business if I have one our not because it is legal not to have one. I have a legitimate question I am trying to get answered about Marriage Licenses NOT PASSPORTS.

Archived