Ordering liquor on board?

Hi,

We're looking at booking a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. It would be my 3rd cruise, but the first 2 were with Carnival, so I'm a RC rookie:). Does RC offer anything similar to Carnival's Bon Voyage department in terms of liquor? Last time, we were able to order bottles of liquor (rum, vodka...), which were delivered to our cabins on the first day of sailing. We were also allowed to bring aboard a bottle of wine each, but I see that's a no-no with RC. I've done a quick search on the board, but haven't seen anything so far.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We're looking at booking a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. It would be my 3rd cruise, but the first 2 were with Carnival, so I'm a RC rookie:). Does RC offer anything similar to Carnival's Bon Voyage department in terms of liquor? Last time, we were able to order bottles of liquor (rum, vodka...), which were delivered to our cabins on the first day of sailing. We were also allowed to bring aboard a bottle of wine each, but I see that's a no-no with RC. I've done a quick search on the board, but haven't seen anything so far.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure this has been answered already, but NO. RCL does not do pkg alcohol for rooms.

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

This will be our first time with RCL and what I have found out is you can pre-order champagne or a wine package. If the champagne is waiting for you in your room so your only supposed to drink it in your room. The wine can be used in the dining room or your stateroom. I have only cruised with Carnival and it is appearing that RCL in going to dollar me to death if I drink. Not to happy about this but we will see how it goes.

This will be our first time with RCL and what I have found out is you can pre-order champagne or a wine package. If the champagne is waiting for you in your room so your only supposed to drink it in your room. The wine can be used in the dining room or your stateroom. I have only cruised with Carnival and it is appearing that RCL in going to dollar me to death if I drink. Not to happy about this but we will see how it goes.

Same here. I am use to pre ordering my alcohol on Carnival. Now RCCL does not have this option.

There is no liquor package with RCI, neither ordered on board nor prior. All you can order for your cabin is wine.

Sorry..not just wine..you can also order Domaine Chandon $72.00 or Korbel Brut Champagne $42.00 either comes with chocolate-dipped strawberries (or another fruit if out of season)...;)

Although we will be on a short cruise with RCL this month - we usually go on Princess for those reasons. It's nice to be able to bring a bottle of wine on board with you and then we order their bottles of liquor for our room. :(

Archived