New Orleans

atti2dok

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter. The Drury Inn was full. They have a package that you stay a night and leave the car for the duration of the cruise free. A shuttle runs from the hotel to the cruise port. Although we drove to the port and Dropped off the luggage and our teenage kids and went back and parked at the Hotel. We then walked back to the port. When we got back one of us did walk off, took the shuttle back to the hotel and came back with the car. Worked out great.

We have liked either Hampton Inn (Convention is closest, but Downtown/French Quarter is great for proximity to FQ and street car line). Another option is Springhill Suites. All 4 of these have some type of cruise package plus a full, hot breakfast and decent pricing...

We also loved the Drury Inn. Ask if they have a park & cruise special. When we did it 1.5 years ago, it was $99 with free parking while at the hotel and while on the cruise. It has a great little evening snacks buffet with 2 comped alcoholic drinks (wine, a few beers, and a few mixed drinks were the options) per each legal-aged guest. And a really good hot breakfast buffet in the morning. The parking lot is gated and secured. We left our car there for a week and it was fine. This is a nice hotel. The only downside is that it's not near any restaurants. The closest is Mother's, and you really need to try it while in NOLA. It's walkable from the hotel. There is a trolley stop just across the street from the Drury if you want to take the trolley down into the French Quarter. We also walked down to the mall by the dock and there's a seafood restaurant there that's pretty good. There's also a Cafe Du Monde in the mall for beignets.

not too expensive is a very subjective statement. I have heard good about both the Hampton Inn and the Drury Inn. We will be there in Feb but are driving down. We have no idea where we will stay. Last time we stayed at a BndB near the French quarters. It was awful, awful, awful..

Nita

not too expensive is a very subjective statement. I have heard good about both the Hampton Inn and the Drury Inn. We will be there in Feb but are driving down. We have no idea where we will stay. Last time we stayed at a BndB near the French quarters. It was awful, awful, awful..

Nita

The rooms are large at the Drury, and so are the bathrooms! Very nice and very clean. When we were there, the evening snacks were chips, dip, queso, carrots and celery sticks w/ranch, popcorn, and something else. Now, they have hot foods like chicken strips or wings, egg rolls, hot dogs, chili, etc. I can't speak about the Hampton because we haven't stayed there, but if we go to NOLA again, we'd do the Drury in a heartbeat.

You know what's sad? I mean, she's only a year old. But I've never even THOUGHT about that. Oh boy. Hard times for her to come.:eek:

Sorry to give you a "mom's panic attack". :) When she asks where her name comes from, just say "it sounded pretty". You probably won't have to worry about this for at least 10 years. :p

We have stayed at the Drury Inn and the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter. I do not recommend the Holiday Inn, very tired and noisy. The Drury Inn was OK, but a bit of a hike to most of the restaurants, etc. And, I think too far from the terminal to walk............but if you are young and hardy go for it!

There is a low key restaurant near the Drury Inn called "Mothers"......excellent food and very relaxed!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=&date=12-19-2010&text=&ship=Norwegian Spirit

We're on the 3/27 Spirit and also driving to NOLA. In my hotel research I haven't found a room less than $250. and parking is usually extra. We are staying at a timeshare for a week after the cruise so I think we will stay 100 miles outside NOLA and just drive in the day of the cruise and pay for parking at the pier. does anyone know why prices are so different for the times, we're after Mardi Gras.:confused:

We're on the 3/27 Spirit and also driving to NOLA. In my hotel research I haven't found a room less than $250. and parking is usually extra. We are staying at a timeshare for a week after the cruise so I think we will stay 100 miles outside NOLA and just drive in the day of the cruise and pay for parking at the pier. does anyone know why prices are so different for the times, we're after Mardi Gras.:confused:

We are facing the same thing, but I am waiting about another month before we actually book our room. For you, the rates are high because of Spring break for so many, plus it has been our experience, rates in NOLA are just plain high most of the time.

Nita

It seems like the closer we get to March the more expensive the rooms get. We are sailing on March 20th. We got the Drury for something like $115/night plus $35 for parking for the length of the stay. I booked in July or early Aug I think. Someone else on our cruise tried in the last month their rate was higher plus the cruise parking fee went up to $50.

Look for the different Drury threads. There are some coupon codes, but I was told by Drury the parking special is not good with the Internet special coupon codes. I did have a code I found on the boards for the cruise special pricing, but this room price was more expensive than the discount Internet code you can find.

All I can say is book as soon as possible with a refundable rate and keep looking.

Thanks for info. Ann-I've been looking since early summer as well. I keep reading about these $99 rates but haven't had any luck finding them. Like I said, we will probably stay outside of NOLA the nite before the cruise since we have a week after to explore. We are staying in the French Qtr when we return so I guess that will give us some time to see things. I just wondered why the rates seemed to fluctuate so much.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did some price comparisons for our October cruise, we ended up staying in Marigny at The Frenchman. We were there for two nights and they have a gated lot for like $12 a night but it's really SMALL and if I didn't have a small car, I might have had a hard time getting in and out of the lot! However, I parked it Saturday morning and moved it Monday so it was all good!

Loved the hotel and location. I've done the Drury Cruise and Park, stayed at St. Charles and Holiday Inn (cruise and park). It could be when we booked but The Frenchman was less than any of those, including parking AND "cruise parking" and we really liked it better. It's a quaint little place with a neat little courtyard, tee tiny pool and "cold" tub;) and a nice rooftop terrace which we enjoyed. We had adjoining rooms with double Queens and couldn't have been happier. Some of the other room are TINY so just ask a lot of questions about your room location and size!

We also love the location, it was really perfect for us.

I did some price comparisons for our October cruise, we ended up staying in Marigny at The Frenchman. We were there for two nights and they have a gated lot for like $12 a night but it's really SMALL and if I didn't have a small car, I might have had a hard time getting in and out of the lot! However, I parked it Saturday morning and moved it Monday so it was all good!

Loved the hotel and location. I've done the Drury Cruise and Park, stayed at St. Charles and Holiday Inn (cruise and park). It could be when we booked but The Frenchman was less than any of those, including parking AND "cruise parking" and we really liked it better. It's a quaint little place with a neat little courtyard, tee tiny pool and "cold" tub;) and a nice rooftop terrace which we enjoyed. We had adjoining rooms with double Queens and couldn't have been happier. Some of the other room are TINY so just ask a lot of questions about your room location and size!

We also love the location, it was really perfect for us.

Were you talking about the Marigny Manor House? Their description didn't sound like yours, but I tried googling and couldn't find anything else.

Archived