• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Taxi trip to pier from Ft. Lauderdale

From all the boards out there, I am reading it is around $65-75. I've read there are nummerous shuttle options. Tri-county limo, renting a car in FLL and driving to MIA($49 for a full size);then they will shuttle you to the pier. OR if you really cheap, take the train to MIA $4pp then a quick taxi ride to the pier.
Check the PORT of CALL boards. they have lots of info. BTW, I will be in the same situation next year.

Explorer of the Seas 6/05
Radiance of the Seas 12/02
Inspiration 12/98
Norwegian Wind 12/94
Monarch of the Seas 12/92
Carnivale 3/88
Jubilee 12/86
Holiday 12/85
Tropicale 12/84
Mardi Gras 2/84
Skyward 6/82

The websight address is [url="http://www.tri-rail.com"]www.tri-rail.com[/url] It has all the information you need. I don't know the exact fare from MIA t the pier though.

Explorer of the Seas 6/05
Radiance of the Seas 12/02
Inspiration 12/98
Norwegian Wind 12/94
Monarch of the Seas 12/92
Carnivale 3/88
Jubilee 12/86
Holiday 12/85
Tropicale 12/84
Mardi Gras 2/84
Skyward 6/82

Ywes, you can get the train from the airport, I did this in Dec 03, you need to pick up your luggage and then you go outside to the bus stop, a shuttle bus for the train then takes you to the train station, the station is unattended but the machine takes cash or credit, the train will take you to the Miami airport, about 45 min train ride.

• 1 month later...
daweber02,

No hassle at all, their is an older gentleman in baggage claim that will even walk you out the door, you do have to walk outside of the baggage claim area to the busstop, they have really nice coach buses that pick you up, make sure you take some lose dollars or CC as this is an unattended lot (automated once you get the tickets)

[quote name='redwings1958'] renting a car in FLL and driving to MIA($49 for a full size);then they will shuttle you to the pier. OR if you really cheap, take the train to MIA $4pp then a quick taxi ride to the pier. [/QUOTE]

Be careful about expecting all the car rental companies to have a shuttle to the Port of Miami. I just got done calling all the big companies, and only 1 had a shuttle to Port of Miami and only on Fri/Sat/Sun (only 1 every 30 minutes)

With regard to the southbound train, be careful if you flight into FLL arrives just before noon. The last morning train is like 11:45 AM and the first afternoon train in not until 3:15 PM.

If there is just 2 of you, grab a taxi or limo. Limo ride from FLL to Port of Miami starts at $55.00 plus tip for the driver. Quick 40 min trip.

[url]http://www.hollandlimousine.com/[/url]

You will be in your cabin while the train is still chugging southbound.

Archived