how to log in/out on wifi on princess

lostatsea200

HI,

I just used Wi Fi on Sea last week, A net book? isn't the process the same as lap top?

There will be a manager on duty several hours a day that can help you. It's very easy to both open the account and log on. Just click on your browser icon, the Princess sign in page opens, you put in name, cabin number, and pass word and click submit.

hope this is info that will help you, Chuck

While it iw not real complicated, you will be better off taking the netbook to the internet cafe and getting the manager to help you the first time.

After signing up for Net access in the Internet Cafe, it was easy the 1st time in my cabin to get online. Some Internet Cafe's have a sheet with instructions to make it easier. Or Paul's good suggestion to bring it to the Cafe might work even better for you.

Using your netbook, you can save minutes by composing email off line & having it sent from your Outbox when you go online.

DO NOT FORGET TO TYPE 1.1.1.1 to sign off or you'll still be using your minutes & reading other posts Princess will not reverse it not knowing if it was accidental or someone trying to scam the system.

After signing up for Net access in the Internet Cafe, it was easy the 1st time in my cabin to get online. Some Internet Cafe's have a sheet with instructions to make it easier. Or Paul's good suggestion to bring it to the Cafe might work even better for you.

Using your netbook, you can save minutes by composing email off line & having it sent from your Outbox when you go online.

DO NOT FORGET TO TYPE 1.1.1.1 to sign off or you'll still be using your minutes & reading other posts Princess will not reverse it not knowing if it was accidental or someone trying to scam the system.

The complicated part of the process is connecting to the Princess network. This can be done the first time so it is automatic after that. The signing in each time you use the wifi is straight forward.

As Astro said, you must sign off by entering 1.1.1.1 and hitting enter. Wait until the system displays the screen showing the number of minutes used this session before shutting down.

When you boot your computer/netbook/iPad, connect it to the ship's WiFi. Then, open Internet Explorer and the Log-in screen will appear. Your first password is your birthdate, including year. Then, you are taken to a screen to change your password. Here are the log-in pages:

Crown%20Log-in%201.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%202.jpg

Crown%20Log-in%203.jpg

Once you've logged in, you'll be taken to the default Internet page where you can access email, go to other sites, etc.

I'm not sure about all netbooks, but I have an Acer and it has a setting that automatically logs you off any site when you shut down your computer. I accidentally shut down on our last cruise, remembered about the CC warnings and logged back on. I had been signed out automatically, that's when I remembered the setting.

I just looked for the setting and can't find it right now. I'll try to get more info later.

When you boot your computer/netbook/iPad, connect it to the ship's WiFi. Then, open Internet Explorer and the Log-in screen will appear. Your first password is your birthdate, including year. Then, you are taken to a screen to change your password. Here are the log-in pages:

Once you've logged in, you'll be taken to the default Internet page where you can access email, go to other sites, etc.

And these sign-in screens are the same as you would use for an initial sign-in if using the ship's computers in the Internet Cafe.

Is the wi-fi network in cabins also, or just public areas.

Last year on Norwegian, there was an outlet in the cabin and you needed a cat-5 cable to get online , wi-fi was only available in public some areas.

We're on the Ruby in February. thanx, mike

Is the wi-fi network in cabins also, or just public areas.

Last year on Norwegian, there was an outlet in the cabin and you needed a cat-5 cable to get online , wi-fi was only available in public some areas.

We're on the Ruby in February. thanx, mike

WiFi is available in the cabins but wasn't able to get it on our balcony.

Archived