Have you stayed in M class cabins 6135-6136 or 8045-8046 ?

LynnObie

We have a choice between 6135 and 8045 for a 14-day cruise. confused.gif

I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed in 6135 or 6136 on Summit, Infinity or Millennium:

• Was there a noise issue because of the connecting door to RS next door?
  • Does 6035 / 6036 have couch, loveseat or chair(s)? Hoping for at least a loveseat so DW & I can sit together. I have read loveseat, chair & 2 chairs.confused.gif
  • If you are familiar with both above cabin types, which would you prefer and why?
  • Do you know where I can see pictures of cabin interior & balcony for 6135 or 6136? I have searched here and read every post for "6135 or 6136" with no luck.

I have seen pictures of 8045 balcony and have stayed in CC formerly cat-1 190 sq. ft. cabin without connecting door but with standard size balcony.

Would really appreciate any answers or other insight you can provide to help us make the best choice. smile.gif

I was looking into booking 6135/6136 for my next cruise. What I understood was...that cabin had no loveseat because of the connecting door to the suite next to it. It did however, have a deep balcony with a teak floor and furniture (to maintain consistency should one of the RS add this cabin as part of a bigger RS) Had a aft CC cabin not become available, I would haved booked 6135/6136 without hesitation.

Thanks for the reply DCT61...

I was able to find the following picture labeled as Cabin 6136 from balcony looking in . This view leads me to think the connecting door must be located closer to the balcony than to the bed which is a plus. Is that a small loveseat or large chair next to the bed? This was taken on the Millennium but assume it is the same on Summit.

I have been in 6135 on the Constellation. The connecting door was no problem, noise not noticed. But I suppose that also might be from quiet neighbors. There was a love seat. Balcony accomodated 2 loungers and 2 chairs. I would book again in 6135, or 6136 on any cruise. In fact I hold a reservation for 6143 on an upcoming cruise. I like the fact that these 4 cabins (including 6144) are tucked in with suites so there is little traffic in the hallway, have the large balcony, and have nothing that might make noise above or below. Only noticed slight motion on one night. On the Connie there is a cover over the balcony so there was lots of shade but not an overhang that perhaps makes you feel like you are looking out from a cave mouth. Cabin interior was pretty standard.

We have stayed in 6135 and 6136 on the summit. Both times we didn't hear any noise from our neighbours! The difference we noticed was that 6136 had a half shade over yhe verandah whereas 6135 had a full shade. This meant that you were not overlooked from above!

In 6136 we had 2 sunloungers - like in the pool area. When we stayed in 6135 there were only 2 chairs when we arrived, but when we asked our cabin steward arranged for loungers to be brought down - no problem!

We love sitting outside so the larger verandah would make these staterooms our choice. Also less traffic on the corridors, and near to the stairs, elevators restaurant and Martini bar!

Angie and Tony

Thanks for the above replies.

Angie & Tony…. Was there a loveseat in Summit 6135 as shown in this photo of Millennium cabin 6136 from balcony looking in ? Also, was the connecting door on same wall as bed & loveseat but closer to balcony end of room as it would appear to be in this Millennium photo? smile.gif

LynnObie

I think that photo shows a chair rather than a loveseat. The loveseat would fit closer to the sliding door. As I recall, the chairs were fairly large when used in place of a loveseat. 6135 and 6136 have the connecting cabin doors and have a chair. 6143 and 6144 do not have connecting doors. They are also about a foot wider than 6135 and 6136.

We're on the 1/2/06-Summitt-Hawaii and have booked #6136. The verandah does look larger in the brochures. I'm happy to read that this cabin is such a good choice. I agree that the location should be a pretty quiet one. Not much traffic between the larger suites.

I think that photo shows a chair rather than a loveseat. The loveseat would fit closer to the sliding door. As I recall, the chairs were fairly large when used in place of a loveseat. 6135 and 6136 have the connecting cabin doors and have a chair. 6143 and 6144 do not have connecting doors. They are also about a foot wider than 6135 and 6136.

Ma Bell... Thanks for your reply. Have you stayed in this cabin? I heard from someone by e-mail who stayed in Summit 6135 for 28 days last Fall and mentioned the "connecting door was closer to the balcony" & "Two good friends could share the small loveseat". confused.gif

If you stayed in 6135 and had a different experience, I wonder if the furnishings have changed? I suppose the "large chair" or "small loveseat" could be different descriptions of the same piece of furniture. Just wanted to be able to sit by DW. Obviously they wouldn't have moved the connecting door & wanted to be sure it isn't next to our bed. smile.gif We would love to have 6143 or 6144 for reasons you mentioned but understand they have both been taken.

Thanks, Lynn

Just off Summit and stayed in 6136. Our room had two small chairs and an oval glass coffee table that we were able to fit kitty corner on the right side of sliding balcony door (looking out from inside room) and between the connecting door to Royal suite (6138). Connecting door is located to the left of picture in link, just a few feet inside the balcony door. The open space it created was very nice compared to the other cabins in its category. We never heard any noise from our neighbors who were a mother and daughter traveling together. The storage space at the vanity was twice as large. You will love the balcony, as mentioned earlier, you will be able to fit two full size lounge chairs, two straight back chairs and a small table. The lounge chairs we had were one full motion and the other was a stationary partial upright. Both were quite nice. These rooms nestled between the suites really do make for a pretty quiet time, the only noise we heard was coming from the work pantries which are located across the hall and down a few feet, really not a big deal though. If you decide to book 6136, you will love Celestyna, she is from poland and will be happy to accomadate all your requests...very friendly gal. We will miss her!

Hope this helps.

Just off Summit and stayed in 6136. Our room had two small chairs and an oval glass coffee table......

Thanks Sandy.... We are booked in Summit 6135 & someone sent me a picture showing the small loveseat they had last Nov (as described in my next to last post above). I now wonder if 6135 / 6136 are furnished differently from each other or if Celebrity changed the furniture since last Nov. when they sailed?? Oh well, we could live with either 2 chairs or a small loveseat. I got the same impression you described about the open floor space created because of the connecting door. Glad to hear another confirmation that noise from that was not an issue!

Lynn

Not sure if you're interested, but we were having a similar dilema and one of our felow cruisers sent me some photos. If you would like me to send them on to you, post your email address and I'll forward them.

Ali

Thanks Ali.... I would appreciate the photos. Click here to contact me .

--

Morebeaches... We booked 6135 for Summit 3/26/06 CA-HI. We were also considering 8045 or 9038 which both appear to be available as of a few minutes ago.

--

we were in 6135 on the Connie recently and had no noise. It's a large chair or very small loveseat (smaller than on other cc cabins) next to the bed. Larger veranda was great. It's a trade off of what you want.

We have not stayed in any of the rooms in question but will be in 6132 on the 3/13 Panama Canal cruise (Infinity).

On our last cruise we had a stateroom with a connecting door. The passengers in that room were heavy smokers and there was no way of keeping the odors out of our room. Didn't bother me but my wife is extremely sensitive to smoke so she was a bit uncomfortable.

You might get lucky and have quiet, non-smokers in the adjacent room but we decided never to take a chance again and will not reserve a "connecting" room.

LynnObie...I just noticed your post date....you got lucky, cuz I have been checking on 6135 and 6136 for that cruise for weeks and the Celebrity board said they weren't available, also 6143 and 6144...I am sure you will love that room. That cruise already has a very active call board with close to 800 post. I may still be on it with you.

LynnObie...I just noticed your post date....you got lucky, cuz I have been checking on 6135 and 6136 for that cruise for weeks and the Celebrity board said they weren't available, also 6143 and 6144...I am sure you will love that room. That cruise already has a very active call board with close to 800 post. I may still be on it with you.

-

Morebeaches... I agree that we probably got lucky.... 6135 looks / sounds like a good cabin. I also think 8045 or 9038 would be good choices... we had a hold on one of those for a time.

-

65Cardinal... Thanks for your warning & hoping the folks in RS next door won't be heavy smokers like you folks had for neighbors. We didn't think we would book a connecting cabin but after positive reports on this one, location of connecting door close to balcony + larger balcony, decided we couldn't pass it up.

-

Lynn

Archived