Thanks to Carnival for their great Military Rates

Julia Goolia

Just booked the Carnival Splendor for the November 28th sailing and saved over $400 on an 8F with the military discount.

So thankful to have gotten a great deal on my pre-deployment vacation. Now if time would just speed up a little so that it is closer to November 28th, I would be all set!

Is it too early to start planning my post-deployment cruise/welcome home celebration? The Magic will be in Galveston by then and I'll be in Killeen, Texas. Hmmm...got some thinking to do. :p

Just booked the Carnival Splendor for the November 28th sailing and saved over $400 on an 8F with the military discount.

So thankful to have gotten a great deal on my pre-deployment vacation. Now if time would just speed up a little so that it is closer to November 28th, I would be all set!

Is it too early to start planning my post-deployment cruise/welcome home celebration? The Magic will be in Galveston by then and I'll be in Killeen, Texas. Hmmm...got some thinking to do. :p

See you are just up the road from me. I'll be passing by Apollo Beach on the way to Carnival Legend on Sunday morning.

I am always looking for great deals, but rarely reserve one until 4-8 weeks out (one was just 2 weeks out).

I truly salute you for your service to this great country. You deserve the discount!!

Thank you for your service. Glad to see you received a great deal. You will be on that cruise ship in no time.

Now I am wondering how long it will take for someone to start bashing you for getting a deal(military discount) because they didn't. That seems to be the way this board goes.

here. I have continued to search out Carnival because of the great Military Rates they offer! Saved a lot on our trip next year with the kids ;) Although most cruise lines do offer military discounts it seems that Carnival has the most available cabins.

It's not fair for the military to get special rates without giving it to others. There are many different people risking their lives and saving other's lives that don't get this rate.

I trust it is jest ... but other risk takers do have discounts offered from time to time. Health care, fire and police workers, educators, etc. So others do get the rate. One web site that I use to compare rates (guess I can't give the web site name here ... but when you want a vacation to go -- string the 3 words together and add a dot com ... and there I have seen discounts). Discounts seemingly offered are: EMT, Police, Fire, Military, Educators, Interline, and of course two that I take advantage of 55+ and past cruisers. Of course they are not fair to those that have never cruised before and are under 55.

But ... all can find good rates at some time of the year.

thats awesome. My DH and I will be on that sailing. There is a roll call over on the roll call page for that week. Thanks for your service! I just got out of the service in March and my hubby is a lifer... I know how demanding life can be.... enjoy your pre-deployment cruise!

It's not fair for the military to get special rates without giving it to others. There are many different people risking their lives and saving other's lives that don't get this rate.

if you want that discount u can get it once u go months in basic training, more than a year overseas without seeing your family, missing the birth of your first child, looking fear right in the eye as you watch a fellow soldier cling to the last bit of his life. These people that fight for our country see more bad things in a single day than ANYONE should ever have to see in their lifetime. Give them the respect they deserve.

Jeez, while you're taking the time to type up this message on an internet forum, military personnel are defending/fighting/dying for our freedoms.

They deserve all the discounts they can get...heck I'd vote for giving them each a free cruise for every year of service.

TS: Congrats on the discount and thank you for your service.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation! :)

.. I have to BOOO Carnival for not recognizing the Canadian Armed Forces for a Military discount. Alot of our service men and women use cruises as a way to get reaquainted after tours of duty and Carnival will not recognize our troops.. So Big Boo on that count..since there sister line Holland America does.. big boo!!!

As a retired medic I can tell you how greatful I am to be recognize for my service to country along side my American counterparts but Canrival needs to step up..There is firefighter rates as well as other special discounts for regular Joe and Jane civilian...but lets give credit where credit is due...Carnival needs to step up they are missing the boat when it comes to the CF personnel

if you want that discount u can get it once u go months in basic training, more than a year overseas without seeing your family, missing the birth of your first child, looking fear right in the eye as you watch a fellow soldier cling to the last bit of his life. These people that fight for our country see more bad things in a single day than ANYONE should ever have to see in their lifetime. Give them the respect they deserve.

Well put!

See you are just up the road from me. I'll be passing by Apollo Beach on the way to Carnival Legend on Sunday morning.
I am always looking for great deals, but rarely reserve one until 4-8 weeks out (one was just 2 weeks out).

I truly salute you for your service to this great country. You deserve the discount!!

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. My parents winter in Bradenton so I spend a lot of time down around that area. Will be spending quite a bit of time with them there before I head out. Enjoy the Legend. A beautiful ship and definitely one of my favorites.

Thank you for your service. Glad to see you received a great deal. You will be on that cruise ship in no time.

Now I am wondering how long it will take for someone to start bashing you for getting a deal(military discount) because they didn't. That seems to be the way this board goes.

Thanks to you as well. As for the naysayers – bring it on. I’m going to try not to let it bother me as there is ignorance world-wide and from what I hear, it can be bliss to be ignorant. To each their own.

I have continued to search out Carnival because of the great Military Rates they offer! Saved a lot on our trip next year with the kids Although most cruise lines do offer military discounts it seems that Carnival has the most available cabins.

I agree. I find that I get the best military discount from Carnival and while early saver is usually a better rate, military life is too unpredictable and I can’t take the chance of non-refundable deposits, etc. I just feel blessed that Carnival does think to honor us with what is typically a really good deal.

Can I ask where you found the military discount offer? We have been waiting to check that rate as well. Thanks

I just call my PVP directly and he gives me the best deal that he can. Booked a few cruises directly through him now so he is usually looking out for something that works best for me.

I agree that there are a lot of professions out there that call for one to risk their life and I do believe that others should receive discounts as well. (And as someone else pointed out, they do receive discounts through some websites, etc.) However, I will never concede that there is any other profession like the military. There is no other job that takes one from their home for 365 days (if not longer) at a time and puts you in the middle of a war zone where you don’t know who your enemy is and for all of that, pays some of our Soldiers so little that they qualify for food stamps. If you can point me towards another profession that does that, I am all ears/eyes.

I don't go around asking for special treatment or recognition because I have chosen to live my life serving our country. I have chosen to make the sacrifices that I make and don't expect anyone else to understand. I am extremely thankful when something special is offered to me though and that is the reason for my post here...to thank Carnival publicly and to share with others what a great company Carnival is to treat us so well.

I know that you surely aren’t begrudging me or anyone else for any discount that they receive but are simply disappointed that others are offered discounts too. I’ll forgive your lack of kindness and move on now. By the way, have you ever heard the statement "Life's not always fair?"

thats awesome. My DH and I will be on that sailing. There is a roll call over on the roll call page for that week. Thanks for your service! I just got out of the service in March and my hubby is a lifer... I know how demanding life can be.... enjoy your pre-deployment cruise!

Thank you to both you and your hubby for your service as well. How are you enjoying being out? We’ll have to have a drink on board so we can chat military a bit. J I have actually posted on the roll call a couple of times already. My friend that I am sailing with is also active duty Army and is stationed out near LA so I am flying out to stay a couple of days with her and then we’ll embark on our adventure together on the 28th. Her birthday is on the 29th so we are looking forward to doing some celebrating. Hope to see you on board.

Jeez, while you're taking the time to type up this message on an internet forum, military personnel are defending/fighting/dying for our freedoms.

They deserve all the discounts they can get...heck I'd vote for giving them each a free cruise for every year of service.

TS: Congrats on the discount and thank you for your service.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation!

Wow! Thanks to both of you. Very kind words, indeed and very much appreciated.

I honestly didn’t start this post to be controversial or stir up ill feelings from anyone. And I certainly didn’t start it expecting kudos from anyone. I really did just want to put a public thank you out there, share my excitement (as everyone wants to do when they book a vacation and especially when they get a good deal) and also to let others know that there is still a decent military discount to be had. After all, this is where I first learned about military discounts so there may be others out there who don’t yet know.

I could not agree with you more but further to this.. I have to BOOO Carnival for not recognizing the Canadian Armed Forces for a Military discount. Alot of our service men and women use cruises as a way to get reaquainted after tours of duty and Carnival will not recognize our troops.. So Big Boo on that count..since there sister line Holland America does.. big boo!!!

I agree. That is disappointing and I am sorry that I didn’t know that. I have served with some amazing Canadian troops on a previous tour to Afghanistan and I can verify that they are as deserving as any to receive a discount for their service. I know I’m just one person but I think I’ll do my part and write a letter to Carnival HQs sharing my disappointment that they don’t offer military discounts to other countries’ troops. Perhaps if enough people would do the same, we will eventually see some action on it.

My DH was away for 18 months, living on a ship, disarming offshore bombs during Desert storm...i thought for sure he would be sick of ships and would never want to cruise...WRONG!..he loves cruising and appriciates the discount.

I appriciate him, along with thousands of other Military personal that have helps to keep our county free & safe:)

My DH was away for 18 months, living on a ship, disarming offshore bombs during Desert storm...i thought for sure he would be sick of ships and would never want to cruise...WRONG!..he loves cruising and appriciates the discount.

I appriciate him, along with thousands of other Military personal that have helps to keep our county free & safe:)

I appreciate them aswell but no more than any other professional. I don't feel the need to defend my opinion.

Have a nice day.:)

LOL Completely different kinds of ships. Can't even compare the two as the only similarity is that they both move in the water. Other than that...no comparison. Thank you to your DH for his service and to you for supporting him and others around you.

I have taken advantage of the military discount on Carnival a few times, but right now, the great discounts are on Celebrity. I am booked on the Summit repo from Cape Liberty to San Juan, 6 days, and right now their rates are

Standard/military

Suite 1299pp/879pp solo 2459/1619

OV 389/279 639/419 or 759/439

Inside 319/229 499/319 599/359

Sometimes they ofer senior and/or resident discounts on the same sailings as the military, and the discounts are the same.

When they are trying to fill a ship, they really have a sale! EM

I am retired military with 20 plus years and am now battling prostate cancer due to agent orange and you have the right to disagree. But the military fought and died to give you that right. Why would you want to deny them something?

Carnival Military Rates (when there offered on a sailing) are just slightly more than the ES Rate but without the ES restrictions on changes.:)

Military Rate may be the best once ES Rate date has passed.

However , it's best to search using everything your eligable for (Senoir, Resident, Past Guest) just in case.

Incidently , Military Rates are for active duty, honorably discharged w/2 years active duty or any duty during wartime, retired, spouses of deceased military, etc..

Us Draftee's are eligable.;)

I appreciate them aswell but no more than any other professional. I don't feel the need to defend my opinion.

Have a nice day.:)

Well since you are from canada and it doesnt apply to canadian troops you have nothing to worry about........:rolleyes:

(I agree it should be offered to canadian troops as well)

To the OP, THANKS......And I have used the military discount on almost all of my cruises proudly!

We have beenn fortunate to use the military discount many times in our

past cruises. However, using the past guest discounts on our last three

cruises was a better deal that the military discount. We just have our

PVP check the best deal.

Either way, get the best rate you can and ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

And we also thank you for your service.

Archived