Sun hasn't left Port

KimberleyFL

Yes. This is her first cruise out of Port Canaveral.

It's really smoking now....maybe she is leaving soon.

It's her first call on a US port for some time, isn't it? That often leads to inspections that delay the next departure.

I mentioned this on another thread about the Gem in NY.... Whenever a ship returns to the US after doing a foreign itinerary for an extended period of time (and by extended I mean as short as six months like the Gem), the ship in question will almost without fail go through every single test and inspection the Coast Guard can throw at her. She probably had coast guard people examining her with a fine tooth comb....

When My Lee's Parents did a 10-day last year, they were held at the dock for about 4 HOURS past their cast-off time due t these inspections.

And US Government types don't care if you're happy.

and I thank YOu:

JWK: running on or close to schedule....

We arrived Port Canaveral at 1.30am but there was a lengthy delay completing immigration this morning, the first express walk offs were at 9am and the lobby areas deck 5 & 6 were a complete zoo. Great crossing, though with significant swells first week of the trip, had to miss the Azores due to Hurricane Otto, but led to a beautifully calm southern routing.

Clayton is on now and promised me he'd scan them when he gets back, just got to send him a reminder. ;)

Please share them with our roll call group. My mom and sister keep asking me what things will be happening on the ship. See you in April :) Vicki

Archived