Island Marketing excursions

tuscandream

Has anyone used this company to book excursions thru? Just viewed their website and I booked Nochi Cocum, thinking about Belize island beach getaway, and West Bay beach break in Roatan. Did anyone do these excursions and is this company reputable and will they get us back to the ship in time? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 29 days and counting:D:D:D

I would also like to know the answers to this, I have Nachi booked in early November, and also in Roatan. I wanted to book Victor Bodden, but unfortunately I waited too long and were booked up. :(

I have heard good reviews, but would like to hear some more comments. I will post mine asap when I get home (end) November. :rolleyes:

EMOSEWA:cool:

I have booked Nachi twice with them. Both times I have had a confirmation waiting in my inbox the next day.

Can't vouch for getting back to the ship on time since the Nachi excursion you are responsible for your own transportation.

I would not hesitate to book with them again.

Bill

Has anyone used this company to book excursions thru? Just viewed their website and I booked Nochi Cocum, thinking about Belize island beach getaway, and West Bay beach break in Roatan. Did anyone do these excursions and is this company reputable and will they get us back to the ship in time? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 29 days and counting:D:D:D
Tuscandream - you have absolutely nothing to worry about with Island Marketing! We have used them to book our excursions on Belize & Cozumel! We're (hopefully) going to be going back to Nachi Cocum for our 6th time in two years on Monday, and will include photos in our review! Transportation is very easy - it's very cost effective if you have more than 2 people in your group. Once off the ship, make your way to the taxi stand, where you can hire a driver for $15/person round trip for the day. The driver will give you a bracelet identifying his/her car#. The drive to Nachi will take about 10 minutes, as it is right up the road from Puerta Maya. When you are ready to leave, let your server know about 30 minutes ahead of time so that they can "locate" your driver (he/she should either be at the facility or nearby). Since you will need to be on ship time, allow yourself to get back to the ship at least 1 hour before you sail. And if you are running late, grab a pedicab at the security gate!

I have never done a beach break with Island Marketing in Belize (have done cave tubing and Altun Ha with them), but I would imagine that you will have a driver with you the entire time, as Belize is not one of the places you want to be "by yourself".

How much is the West Bay beach break costing you? The reason why I am asking is because for $20/person (plus around $15 to get into one of the West End resorts), you can hire a driver with Victor Bodden Tours. He runs one of the most successful (and cleanest) companies on Roatan. Google him and see for yourself. We have used his company three times while on Roatan, and have never been more happy with the customized service.

Regardless, enjoy each of these ports - they are all very special!

We used them for Nachi Cocum and plan to use them again for our upcoming cruise. It was great...no issues @ all. I really enjoyed being able to chat online with them prior to booking.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

We used Island Marketing in Cozumel for the beach buggy tour. They had cold beverages in the buggy, took you away from the ship buggy tour commercial locations to a more undeveloped side of the island that was amazing for snorkeling. They had a wonderful buffet for lunch and then to a tequila factory for a tasting. It was a great tour and super friendly.

Another vote for Island Mrktg. We used them in Cozumel to do a private tour to Tulum. They were excellent and very professional. Isabelle was our guide and Gabrielle her driver. Would do it again in a heart beat.

In fact, on that sailing, the ship went through the storm of the century. Once the ship arrived in Coz, many, many of the ship's excursions were cancelled, in particular the ship's tour to Tulum. That was cancelled not due to the storm, according to our tour guide. It was a dispute over the contract. It was so nice to interact for several hours with the locals. It was a positive experience. We tipped generously to both guide and driver.

We had to pay the balance of the tour in person, so I had money orders. Also, I think a private company's cancellation policy is not as generous as CCL. So, plz factor that. Hope you have a great cruise.

I am also wondering about Island Marketing Ltd ... we cruise January, 2011 to the Western Caribbean and Carnival doesn't offer a beach break anymore for Belize and I came across Island Marketing. Noticed they also have a Roatan beach break that includes a drink, and Carnival's does not. Price wise, they are about the same as what Carnival would charge for a beach break.

• 2 weeks later...

We have also used them twice and never had a problem. I got a little worried this last time as our ship the "Solstice" did not stop there because of Hurricane Paula. When I got home I emailed them about what happened and they refunded my deposit without any questions. Would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Archived