Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5326jan

Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

I think that alternating jogging and walking is a great way to build up endurance and ability to run, plus the added intensity will burn more calories! Good job!!

Congratulations Jan on the new grandbaby! They are a joy........

I ended up with an ear infection this week, have only been to Curves once so far, but will go tomorrow night and Saturday.

Still taking this day by day and mostly watching what I eat, increasing fruits and vegetables. I can already see a big difference in my mobility and my clothing!!!:p

Hi everyone

This is my first post to this thread. I hope ya'll don't mind a newbie joining in.

I am 52 years old. I started cutting back on junk food and soda pop Jan 1st. On that date I weighed in at 249.8. I'm only weighing in once a month so on Tues 2/1/11 I'll post my current weight. I was weighing daily, but that got depressing real fast.

I have a cruise planned for 10/22/11 on the Carnival Freedom and I so want to lose 50#, 75# would be so much better. Wish me luck.

I don't have access to a gym as I live in small town USA, but I have been walking on my treadmill and using the exercise bike. I'm up to 2 miles a day on the treadmill, uping it to 3 miles a day on 2/1.

I'll keep checking in.

Congrats to those who have lost weight. :D

Rita

Happy Friday all!

Well, I did the 5:30am Zumba yesterday afterall. I decided that if I woke up on my own, I would go. Sure enough I did wake up about 4:15, so I figured it was meant to be. The gym is pretty close to my house and its not like there is a lot of traffic that time of the morning anyway :). However, I decided to pass on yoga last night. I just didn't have the energy. I figure this whole Zumba thing is kind of baby steps for me right now anyway.

The good news is I finally got off my plateau and reached my halfway goal! I have officially lost 40.4 pounds of my 80 pound goal - yea! Who knows, those two Zumba classes probably got it going for me! So I'm going to celebrate by having a big ol' salad for lunch - LOL.

Welcome aboard Rita!

Your goal is not unreachable at all. A lot can happen in 10 months. I want to lose 80 pounds, so I broke it up into 20 pound mini-goals. Once I reached one mini-goal, I realized I was 1/4th of the way there. Now that I've reached another 20 pound mini-goal, I'm half of the way there. Sounds weird, but it works for me. In time, you will find what works for you!

Happy workouts and healthy eating all,

Ann

Congrats Ann for making your halfway goal!!!! Be proud of that 40 pounds lost! That's inspirational. :D

Welcome to the group Rita. You've got plenty of time to see some great results by your cruise. Walking and biking is good exercise and how convenient that you don't have to drive to some gym to work out!

VT, I think that it's better to realize some physical, tangible changes in ourselves like you have than seeing some numbers change around on a scale. I'm happy for your accomplishments!

How's everybody else doing? Ready for the weekend?

I've got a nice hike planned for Saturday, I hope the weather cooperates! BF, his mom, sister and I are taking the dogs on a 6 mile trek to a waterfall. Hope there's been enough rain to make it flow strong.

Hi Everyone and Welcome Rita! It's never too late for a newbie. Well as you can imagine, my days are full of diapers, feedings and fun! The baby is home and both he and DD are doing great! The 2 year old is being very sweet with the baby, but pretty much ignores him. DD looks like she's tired and SIL is doing his part trying to wear out the 2yo so mom can get some rest! It's great and my DH came in this afternoon. We'll stay through the weekend then SIL's parents come in. They are great too and she's a pre-school teacher, so will really keep the toddler busy.

I'm so proud of all of you! 1/2 mark and keeping on track with your exercise routines and being aware of what you eat is great! You are an awesome group of friends to share this weight loss journey with. We'll all make some wrong turns, but hopefully we won't get lost. Keep it up ladies, you're doing great!

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around for a few days! DD finally had the baby!!!:D:D:D Of course he's beautiful, but also healthy and is a good sleeper and eater. He weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and is 22" long. His big brother weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz, so my DD is obviously built for big babies!

I've been here with the 2 year old. He's precious and very good, so it's been fun but I'm not sure how I did it with 3 little ones at the same time!:rolleyes: I guess that's why our bodies cut us off at a certain point. Survival of the species!:p

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in when I can.

CONGRATS on the baby!!!!

Im Pia and i"m the Newbie ;)

Hi everyone

This is my first post to this thread. I hope ya'll don't mind a newbie joining in.

I am 52 years old. I started cutting back on junk food and soda pop Jan 1st. On that date I weighed in at 249.8. I'm only weighing in once a month so on Tues 2/1/11 I'll post my current weight. I was weighing daily, but that got depressing real fast.

I have a cruise planned for 10/22/11 on the Carnival Freedom and I so want to lose 50#, 75# would be so much better. Wish me luck.

I don't have access to a gym as I live in small town USA, but I have been walking on my treadmill and using the exercise bike. I'm up to 2 miles a day on the treadmill, uping it to 3 miles a day on 2/1.

I'll keep checking in.

Congrats to those who have lost weight. :D

Rita

Hi Rita

Im also a newbie :D

I only weigh myself once a week... every sunday :D

Life is to short to worry about the day to day.. just keep your sight on the goal!

And walking is one of the best things you can do for your heart!

Sunday is two days away :o hope i have more results to share!

Have a great weekend !!!

Hi all! went to my first Zumba class at Curves last night! It was hillarious! I am such a clutz but will get better! what a workout....my calf muscles felt it big time. I am taking one day at a time....one meal at a time and feeling much better with each small accomplishment. Usually I would have given up by now....but I am actually almost thru the first month! I will get weighed and measured in the next week or so- don't expect to lose much weight as I am toning up and muscle weighs more than fat!

Love it that people are still joining us on this journey!

I posted this on the WW site, and thought I'd share it here too.

I have been a bit stalled in my weight loss and exercising lately, but decided to try on a couple of things that were waaay too tight before I started, and THEY FIT!!!!

One dress I bought a couple months ago online and couldn't even get it zipped. today it zipped just fine, and although it's still a bit snug, I could wear it without feeling self conscious. It's a size 12, I was a 16 when I started. Nothing like this to keep a person motivated :D

I posted this on the WW site, and thought I'd share it here too.

I have been a bit stalled in my weight loss and exercising lately, but decided to try on a couple of things that were waaay too tight before I started, and THEY FIT!!!!

One dress I bought a couple months ago online and couldn't even get it zipped. today it zipped just fine, and although it's still a bit snug, I could wear it without feeling self conscious. It's a size 12, I was a 16 when I started. Nothing like this to keep a person motivated :D

Yahhoo for you!

hearing yousay this is inspiration! as i did my weekly weigh in and stayed the same as last week...

I guess cheaters never prosper :rolleyes:

:):D Way to go Suzque!!!!!:D:)

I have not weighed myself for awhile and don't plan to untill maybe a month from now.

This week food has been an issue (bad time of the month) but I have been hitting the gym often.

I have been reducing my pop intake.

Pee-ah, no gain is great.:)

Suzque, that's just great! I love the things like a dress now fitting even better than I like seeing some number on a machine. :D

We have our first family weight loss competition check in today. Since we started the competition roughly two weeks ago, I've lost 2.6%. I was quite proud of that amount. My boyfriend lost 1.6%. Then my dad says he lost 2.7%. I was so disappointed! Eventhough the winner is the person who loses the highest % by Nov 30, I thought I had a good # for this month, only to be beaten by 0.1%! :mad: I am happy for him, but man, should have gotten one more workout done last week!

Had to make a unexpected trip to Tampa, so I am here now. Been here for a few days. Mom not doing good.

Still trying to watch what I eat, but without my kitchen it's a little more difficult.

Weighed in at 243.4 so that is a 6.4 reduction for the month. Better than a gain.

Will get back to the treadmill when I get home later this week

Good luck to all who have had weight losses.

Rita

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back home again and trying to catch up on all the cleaning and laundry from the 2 weeks I was gone.:eek: How can my DH make such a mess when he's here alone????

Oh well, I did get to the gym yesterday to do the treadmill. I wanted to force myself to get back into the habit of going 4-5 times a week and knew that I wanted to take today for cleaning. I didn't gain any weight while I was gone, but didn't lose much either. I calling that a win considering that my goal while I was at my DD's was to fix her all the wonderful comfort food that she asked for and minimize the time she was on her feet. I think I have my DGS to thank for not gaining! Keeping up with a two year old is definitely work!

The baby is beautiful and healthy! Thanks for the congrats! Did I tell you he weighed 9.4lbs!!! My DD only weighed 165 when she went into the hospital and she's 5'7"! She kinda looked like a snake that had swallowed a watermelon.

Sounds like everyone here is doing great!

Rita, 6.4 pounds for the month is great! Sorry that your mom is not doing well.:(

LP, it's only .1lb! You'll get him next month! Besides, for some unfair reason men have an easier time losing weight.:rolleyes:

Krista, good job cutting down on the "pop". I think you'll see results from that!

Pia, you may be right that cheaters never prosper, but at least you stayed the same! That's a lesson! It shows that you surely would have lost if you had kept to your plan!

Suzeque, Congrats on the clothes! As VT said, muscle does weigh more than fat, but it's a lot smaller so don't just go by the scales! Exercise and toning is just as important as cutting calories! Awesome!

VT, I think you have a great attitude. It's realistic. I think some of us (esp me) expect miracles. You seem to have a very good outlook! It's great that you had fun. That's the best part!

Texas Ann, hope you are just busy and not deserting us!!! You are half way to your goal, so you are an inspiration to us!

BPlazo, you'll have to try a zumba class. It's a riot and if you stay in the back of the class, you won't feel so conspicuous. That's what I do... hide out!

I'm really happy to be back. Keep up the great work ladies!

so..... starting to look at new swimsuits. DH says to wait-if I order now it will be too big when we sail! So, he must notice a little bit gone already!

this weekend I will try on my formal clothes to see what the progress is!

I feel so much better! did Curves again last night and hope to go to Zumba Friday night. Wednesday I expect a snow day as we are supposed to get 18 inches of snow! Just walking to the garage will be exercise!

Thanks for the supportive encouragement!

I agree with your DH, wait till the last minute to buy a new one. Buying a smaller size always feels great.

Good for you to get to Curves and hopefully you will be able to make it to Zumba on Friday.

I may have to miss Zumba tomorrow. We had a snow day here today and we are expecting more tonight.

Here in OH it is Ice, freezing rain. everything is covered in a sheet of ice.

This weather is just terrible. It was in the 70s on Saturday and everybody was in shorts and today is was sleeting, snow and cold.

I lost 2 more lbs this week. So happy, this is the largest wt loss I've had in one week, usually only about 1/2lb. at a time.

SW: 169.8

CW: 160.8

GW: 135 or less

First weigh in and measure tonight at Curves! my friend lost almost no inches and no weight. I lost 3 pounds ( that is 12 sticks of butter) and 6.5 inches! This in about 10 visits over the last month and watching what I eat!

Thanks for all your continued support! It helps!:p

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back home again and trying to catch up on all the cleaning and laundry from the 2 weeks I was gone.:eek: How can my DH make such a mess when he's here alone????

Oh well, I did get to the gym yesterday to do the treadmill. I wanted to force myself to get back into the habit of going 4-5 times a week and knew that I wanted to take today for cleaning. I didn't gain any weight while I was gone, but didn't lose much either. I calling that a win considering that my goal while I was at my DD's was to fix her all the wonderful comfort food that she asked for and minimize the time she was on her feet. I think I have my DGS to thank for not gaining! Keeping up with a two year old is definitely work!

The baby is beautiful and healthy! Thanks for the congrats! Did I tell you he weighed 9.4lbs!!! My DD only weighed 165 when she went into the hospital and she's 5'7"! She kinda looked like a snake that had swallowed a watermelon.

Sounds like everyone here is doing great!

Rita, 6.4 pounds for the month is great! Sorry that your mom is not doing well.:(

LP, it's only .1lb! You'll get him next month! Besides, for some unfair reason men have an easier time losing weight.:rolleyes:

Krista, good job cutting down on the "pop". I think you'll see results from that!

Pia, you may be right that cheaters never prosper, but at least you stayed the same! That's a lesson! It shows that you surely would have lost if you had kept to your plan!

Suzeque, Congrats on the clothes! As VT said, muscle does weigh more than fat, but it's a lot smaller so don't just go by the scales! Exercise and toning is just as important as cutting calories! Awesome!

VT, I think you have a great attitude. It's realistic. I think some of us (esp me) expect miracles. You seem to have a very good outlook! It's great that you had fun. That's the best part!

Texas Ann, hope you are just busy and not deserting us!!! You are half way to your goal, so you are an inspiration to us!

BPlazo, you'll have to try a zumba class. It's a riot and if you stay in the back of the class, you won't feel so conspicuous. That's what I do... hide out!

I'm really happy to be back. Keep up the great work ladies!

Thank you for your energy!!!!!:D

You're a rock!!!!

Suzeque! Awesome!!! You are doing so well! 2 more pounds puts you about a third of the way to your goal! You really have the determination and conviction to get this done! Very admirable, you should be proud of yourself.:)

VT, To think that at first you were just going with your friend to support her, now you get to be her inspiration and example! Way to go! 3 pounds is awesome enough, but when you combine that with the 6 1/2 inches, it's amazing! You are melting before our computer screens!:p Keep up the good work and before you know it, your clothes will be falling off of you!

Pia, Thanks for the compliment, but a rock is sedintary and I have been sedintary too long. Can I be a rolling stone?... :rolleyes:

Yesterday I went back to my Zumba class. It's so much fun and I am so hilarious. Everyone has such good moves and I'm kinda like Herman Munster in the back. Oh well, I'll get it one day and the calories I burn off are worth it! This morning is a "beginner zumba" class that I should go to. But I really want to wait and go this evening to the "big girl" zumba class. We'll see. Maybe I'll go to both! OK, I've got to get dressed before I can do anything!

Keep moving friends and don't forget to drink your water!:D

thanks Jan! However, it was the other way around, my friend joined Curves to help keep me motivated. We car pool together as well. she was very disappointed to not lose. She has no where near as much as I do to lose though, and she has been active while I have been seditary.

Just ate my salad, yogurt and milk for lunch- I am lucky I work in the business office of a school and we have a salad bar fresh every day, so makes it easy for me to eat salad.

Everyone hang in there this weekend! get some exercise!:cool:

Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great! 12 sticks of butter... when you put it that way, well, What an image! I have passed the 10 pounds lost mark this morning! So excited!! (total of 10.4 pounds since 1/17)

I have gotten into the routine of drinking 3 of my water bottles (20oz bottle) a day during work. I am going to try to work up to 4 a day now. Let's hope I don't float away :p.

This weekend the family is taking another hike, although this one is a very mild 3 mile walk. I know it will be fun and I love being outside in beautiful weather but I am kind of sad that we chose such a short hike and with little incline to it as well. Maybe I can talk them into something additional :)

Have a great day everyone and keep up the stellar work!