Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5326jan

Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

I would love to join. I like you am trying to lose at least 40lbs by my Sept cruise. I started Feb 22nd and am down about 25 so another 40 would put me at a total of 65 woot woot. My ultimate goal would be to lose another 120-130 but I'm well aware that some of that will have to take place after the cruise.

Hi Shay!!! I'm so glad that you want to join our group. People come and go, depending on their interests and needs, but there is always someone here to cheer you on and share experiences with. Welcome and CONGRATS on your accomplishments thus far! 25 pounds is an awesome loss and you should feel very proud of that!:D

Excellent news about the jeans! Isn't that such a great feeling?

Saw fiance's hand surgeon today and she was surprised how quickly his hand is healing. Guess he has a good nurse to tend to him :p

You just make sure he remembers that through the years. LOL

I would love to join. I like you am trying to lose at least 40lbs by my Sept cruise. I started Feb 22nd and am down about 25 so another 40 would put me at a total of 65 woot woot. My ultimate goal would be to lose another 120-130 but I'm well aware that some of that will have to take place after the cruise.

Congratulations!!!! Small steps are so important. Remember that you didn't put the weight on overnight so it's not gonna come off overnight either. Sounds like you're doing a great job!

Hi Shay, welcome to the group! Way to go on your losses so far! That shows some impressive dedication so far this year.

Hi all - I'd like to join in on this group. I'm currently doing a low calorie diet with exercise. I want to lose 30-40 lbs by September and ultimately about 80 lbs altogether.

It seems I have a magical 5 lbs that I lose whenever I begin dieting and that's where it ends. :( Crossing my fingers that this time will be diffferent. I am jogging now, which I have never really done before, and I think it's giving me lots more energy, so I'm hopeful.

Looking forward to reading more posts and getting to know you!:D

Hi all - I'd like to join in on this group. I'm currently doing a low calorie diet with exercise. I want to lose 30-40 lbs by September and ultimately about 80 lbs altogether.

It seems I have a magical 5 lbs that I lose whenever I begin dieting and that's where it ends. :( Crossing my fingers that this time will be diffferent. I am jogging now, which I have never really done before, and I think it's giving me lots more energy, so I'm hopeful.

Looking forward to reading more posts and getting to know you!:D

Hi Slo-Pokey! Welcome to the group! 30-40 pounds in 4 months is ambitious, but doable! Break it down to 10 pounds a month or 2.5 lbs a week. It will be easier in the beginning, but that's when you need it to be... it'll give you momentum and confidence that you're doing the right things to get where you need to be. Good luck and congratulations for starting with an exercise program. It'll help burn calories faster and tone the muscles for a tighter body! :D

I really fell off here, couldn't believe all the posts this morning. I'm sure not all from today, but ones I had not yet read. Our son returned from his trip to France and has been keeping us on the run since he got back.

I'm still plugging away, no movement on the scales either up or down. I'm glad it has not gone up with Easter, Mother's Day, etc., so no complaints.:p

Lovepea, so glad to hear your honey is doing just great! He does have a good nurse!!!:D

Welcome to the newcomers and join in and get support from us. It is a terrific group, everyone is supportive and helpful and I find I can "unload" here and know others will understand. It's just what we all need and I'm so glad I found you all.

My diet remains pretty much the same and other than sometimes I just have to eat a bite of chocolate, I am doing fine. More tuna for lunch (will I suddenly grow fins or gills? :confused:) but I still enjoy it and can now eat it without all the mayo and fattening stuff in it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

Regarding the goal someone has mentioned. I like to do the 10 lb one as someone else has suggested. Once I move below that 0 whatever it is, I work hard not to go back above it. So ten pounds is what I am working for; it doesn't seem like such an impractical or impossible task to just think "ten pounds" at a time!

WOW...I don't check in for a couple of days and viola more friends!!! Welcome Shay and Slo_Pokey! Together we can do this!!!

I have been struggling yesterday and today. Everytime I workout I am hit with a massive migraine. I have been on medicine for them for several years now, but it has been such a long time since I had a migraine--let alone two in two days! :( Oh well, hopefully tomorrow I will feel better and be able to burn them sticks of butter right back to the store! :p

Remember, it is not the one bite of chocolate or the one peice of chocolate that do us in--It is the whole dang CAKE!!!

Love you all!

Welcome Slo Pokey. Just keep it up, one day at a time. I'm sure with jogging and careful eating, you'll see great results.

Be careful with your low calorie diet, you need to make sure to get enough to fuel your body.

Just a bite of chocolate won't hurt, I'm fairly certain of that...but I have to admit tonight, I got into some chocolate and I ate five Hershey's kisses. FIVE of those little suckers.:mad: Don't ask me why because I just did it. I knew I shouldn't but I just had such a craving. Otherwise I was good all day and didn't eat any of the cheesecake our daughter sent to her dad for his birthday, which is on Sunday. Chocolate is my biggest weakness and if I could have my way, none would be in the house at all. But it is not my choice, the DH loves his candy too and he keeps all kinds of it around. I'm sorry everyone; I let myself down tonight, but I will try to be better tomorrow. On the South Beach diet they say "you might go off the diet and when you do, just get right back on track"...so that is what I am going to do. :p

Just hope the scales aren't up in the morning...but better yet, maybe I'll just not weigh for a few days and work off those five pieces of candy.

Just a bite of chocolate won't hurt, I'm fairly certain of that...but I have to admit tonight, I got into some chocolate and I ate five Hershey's kisses. FIVE of those little suckers.:mad: Don't ask me why because I just did it. I knew I shouldn't but I just had such a craving. Otherwise I was good all day and didn't eat any of the cheesecake our daughter sent to her dad for his birthday, which is on Sunday. Chocolate is my biggest weakness and if I could have my way, none would be in the house at all. But it is not my choice, the DH loves his candy too and he keeps all kinds of it around. I'm sorry everyone; I let myself down tonight, but I will try to be better tomorrow. On the South Beach diet they say "you might go off the diet and when you do, just get right back on track"...so that is what I am going to do. :p

Just hope the scales aren't up in the morning...but better yet, maybe I'll just not weigh for a few days and work off those five pieces of candy.

Babs,

You are doing fine! 5 little kisses are not going to do you in!!! I hope you enjoyed them too!!! You are doing great and you will get back on track with no problem.

Babs,

You are doing fine! 5 little kisses are not going to do you in!!! I hope you enjoyed them too!!! You are doing great and you will get back on track with no problem.

Thanks, but I know I should not have "given in". Oh my yes, they did taste so good. Scales did not go up any this morning either, so that made me happy.:D

Not an excuse but I am cooking a lot bigger meals since our son is now here, so this a.m. I'm cutting back and going back to smaller meals for me, at least. Also I took the candy out of the refrigerator in the kitchen and have moved it so it is out of sight. I wish I didn't love chocolate so much but it is my downfall. Thanks again!

Good Morning my beautiful and striving to be thin and healthy Cruisers! I hope that everyone is doing good and sticking to whatever plan is working.

I ended up in the hospital yesterday because of a 3-day migraine. My Imitrex shot wasn't working, so I had to get the "cocktail" shot in my bum! I feel better today though!!! :D The doctor thinks that I got my migraine from a processed food withdrawal. :confused:

I have 19 days before we leave to meet the ship in Seattle and it looks like I will reach my mini-goal of 180--Yipee! The only downside is that my little purple cocktail dress is too BIG!!! Drats...guess I will have to go shopping again, huh?!?! :)

Keep up the great work everyone! You are all doing so well!!!

Good Morning my beautiful and striving to be thin and healthy Cruisers! I hope that everyone is doing good and sticking to whatever plan is working.

I ended up in the hospital yesterday because of a 3-day migraine. My Imitrex shot wasn't working, so I had to get the "cocktail" shot in my bum! I feel better today though!!! :D The doctor thinks that I got my migraine from a processed food withdrawal. :confused:

I have 19 days before we leave to meet the ship in Seattle and it looks like I will reach my mini-goal of 180--Yipee! The only downside is that my little purple cocktail dress is too BIG!!! Drats...guess I will have to go shopping again, huh?!?! :)

Keep up the great work everyone! You are all doing so well!!!

Hello Crystal and that is bad news you had to go into the hospital, but terrific news you are feeling better and the purple dress being too large is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Don't you just love it?:p

I've not been an absolutely good girl all week, but so far none of it has hurt me...and I have to tell you a bit about our evening out last night. We went to dinner with friends we've known forever (had not seen in a while because we went to Florida for the winter) and the first thing out of Harold's mouth when he saw me was "Hello Skinny!" Then when Donna got out of their car she told me that I "was so skinny" and during the evening she just kept saying "you don't need to lose any more weight"! I told them both it was the black top and slacks but I did grin from ear to ear!! Let me tell you....been a long time since anyone thought "skinny" in reference to me!:cool: It sure made me feel good, knowing the effort I've put into dieting is working and someone notices. DH no longer teases and whatever I eat he is fine with it so I think he is proud of my progress too.

I still have a lot I want to lose, but it's possible that I won't even need to drop as many pounds as I previously thought. Just have to wait and see.

I've been so eager to share the "skinny" comment with you all because I've felt so much encouragement from everyone.

Those migraine headaches can be devastating Crystal, you take care. My mother suffered from them for many years and I've had a few and don't ever want any more. So processed food withdrawal was the reason? Ummm, interesting. Do you usually eat a lot of processed foods? I try not to; oh once in a while a hot dog but not often. I know those type foods are not good for anyone.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a terrific weekend. Another estate auction on Saturday(and yes another of those Brick burgers) so I have to be especially cautious for a few days. It is interesting that I can now "go off the diet" and as long as I'm careful and don't overdo it, I'm still okay.

Well I was doing good until the last 2 days. Was taken out to lunch 2 days in a row for Nurses Week one day by our boss, then today by the Doctors. I ate way too much today, yesterday was not too bad. Oh well the scales will tell the tale tomorrow. LOL

Well I was doing good until the last 2 days. Was taken out to lunch 2 days in a row for Nurses Week one day by our boss, then today by the Doctors. I ate way too much today, yesterday was not too bad. Oh well the scales will tell the tale tomorrow. LOL

Well Suzque49, I know the feelings all too well and one reason I've decided to skip the auction today. If I had gone with DH and DS I'd have eaten a Brick burger again and this week has not been my best.:( No up-trend on the scales but I do need to keep "focused". So instead of going along with the boys, I'm staying home, will do a bit of housekeeping and then head outside and tend to my flowers and some weeding that always needs attention.

Scales was down about half a pound this a.m. so that made me smile broadly!:D I feel good about my decision to skip the auction and the burger and aside from that it will be good bonding time for father and son.

Now if I can just accomplish half as much as I'd like to do today, it will be a good day.

Have a super weekend everyone and keep focused!!!!:)

Well, another 1.8 pound loss this week too. I am pretty happy with that, considering my lack of working out last week because of my migraine!

Hypermommy: are you doing okay?

LP: how is your weightloss and fiance? Is he realizing how special you are yet? ;)

Suzque, Babs, Shay30, Slo_Pokey, 5326Jan???? Share the good news!!:p

Well this week is full of my May Walking Challenge (gotta walk at least 1 mile per day), Curves (x6), Zumba (x3), biking four miles daily (now that my kids are on summer break), and finding other interesting ways to burn that fat!!! Just so you all know---I burned 657 calories doing 1 hour of mowing the other day!!! So the hubby has given that job up now! I have to say he was a little sad about it. NOT!!!

My statistics:

SW: 207.2

CW: 181.4

Mini Goal before I cruise: 180

GW: 140-145

Hello Crystal and that is bad news you had to go into the hospital, but terrific news you are feeling better and the purple dress being too large is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Don't you just love it?:p

I've not been an absolutely good girl all week, but so far none of it has hurt me...and I have to tell you a bit about our evening out last night. We went to dinner with friends we've known forever (had not seen in a while because we went to Florida for the winter) and the first thing out of Harold's mouth when he saw me was "Hello Skinny!" Then when Donna got out of their car she told me that I "was so skinny" and during the evening she just kept saying "you don't need to lose any more weight"! I told them both it was the black top and slacks but I did grin from ear to ear!! Let me tell you....been a long time since anyone thought "skinny" in reference to me!:cool: It sure made me feel good, knowing the effort I've put into dieting is working and someone notices. DH no longer teases and whatever I eat he is fine with it so I think he is proud of my progress too.

I still have a lot I want to lose, but it's possible that I won't even need to drop as many pounds as I previously thought. Just have to wait and see.

I've been so eager to share the "skinny" comment with you all because I've felt so much encouragement from everyone.

Oh, how wonderful! I cannot wait for the day someone says that I am skinny!!! So now, when ever you feel low just look at this post and remember that you ARE skinny!!!!

Oh, how wonderful! I cannot wait for the day someone says that I am skinny!!! So now, when ever you feel low just look at this post and remember that you ARE skinny!!!!

Thanks Crystal, but I am not skinny yet!:p It did make me feel really good though, even though I knew it was not true.

The weather is cooler here again and I've been freezing. Since my thyroid cancer, the temperature seems to bother me more than ever. Cold or heat has always been a problem, but now more so than ever. Yesterday I was down a lot because I read about so many of the guys and gals on my thyroid cancer site who are battling thyroid cancer that has now sprung up in other parts of their body. I try my best to keep positive but some days it is just not possible.:(

The weight is not coming off much because I'm not doing enough. I did work out in the yard on Saturday for a couple of hours and I hope to get out and finish one area today. Anyhow, I just keep plugging away and trying to eat sensibly and even when I have something I shouldn't have, I try to make it just a "little bit". I know I've changed the way I look at certain foods and realize that is a good thing.

Everyone keep up the good work, we can do this!!!!:) If we keep on encouraging each other and hold our heads high, we can accomplish small victories each and every day.

Hi guys! It sounds like you are all doing pretty good with your efforts lately :) Way to go!

I am kind of stuck where I am for now. I go up a pound and back down a pound-over and over. I know why... I haven't had any time for exercising.

Hi guys! It sounds like you are all doing pretty good with your efforts lately :) Way to go!

I am kind of stuck where I am for now. I go up a pound and back down a pound-over and over. I know why... I haven't had any time for exercising.

I know how you feel lovepea; it affects us all from time to time. Either just setting at that one number on the scales or maybe a bounce up now and then...it gets so frustrating. It is cold and dreary here but I am making myself get outside and spray for weeds. DH just mowed the lawn so I need to do my work too, even though it is too cold. I will bundle up and get my behind out there. Wish it was warm enough to do some real work, but it is just too cold for me.

Hang in there everyone, keep your goal in sight and we will make it!!!:)

I had my weigh in, lost 1.6 lbs, down to 151.2, nothing like a weight loss to motivate you to lose weight ;-)

SW 169

CW 151.2

GW 135

I had my weigh in, lost 1.6 lbs, down to 151.2, nothing like a weight loss to motivate you to lose weight ;-)

SW 169

CW 151.2

GW 135

That is terrific! Way to go Suzque49!!!;)

I have not weighed myself this morning so can't report exactly how I am doing. The one thing I do know is that I have to avoid chocolate as much

as I can. That is my biggest downfall and last night as I served up birthday cake to DH and cheesecake to DS, I skipped both!:p I will admit

I didn't want to but I knew I should!

SW 169

CW 151.2

GW 135

Congratulations Suzque! :D I totally agree, a weight loss completely motivates me!!! Take yesterday for example. I weighed in and learned about my loss; then I kicked butt at curves, zumba, walking 1.5 miles, and my 150 squats!!! Now today, I have no motivation at all! Hmm...maybe Babs has it right by weighing in every day...I might push myself harder!!!:p

Congratulations Suzque! :D I totally agree, a weight loss completely motivates me!!! Take yesterday for example. I weighed in and learned about my loss; then I kicked butt at curves, zumba, walking 1.5 miles, and my 150 squats!!! Now today, I have no motivation at all! Hmm...maybe Babs has it right by weighing in every day...I might push myself harder!!!:p

Hey don't follow me; I'm certainly no expert on this weight loss/diet agenda!:p So far I've not weighed in yet today but am sure hoping the scales have tipped in a downward trend. I do think some days we just don't feel motivated and that is perfectly okay....as long as we stick to our plan!!!! I'm so ready for warmer weather when I'm able to get outside and do more. Have to admit my son put me to shame yesterday as the weather didn't stop him. He bought a new bike and even in the cold, off he went and rode for over five miles. I managed to get some weeds sprayed (of course then it rained and it all got washed off) but it was so cold I just couldn't work up the ambition to do any weeding or actual work outside.:(

We all just have to hang in there; remember we didn't put it on overnight, so it won't leave us overnight. These things take time and we just have to stick to it!!!! :D

Hello everyone,

I have to tell you that last night I made a conscious decision that I wanted a piece of the Harry and David cheesecake our daughter sent us

for my husband's birthday and Mother's day. It had been 48 days and I wasn't feeling deprived, but I just thought "I want to do this". :p So I looked for the smallest piece (they are precut) and sat down. As I began, I still felt like "this is okay" you can't deprive yourself of every pleasure in life, but as I ate bite after bite...small ones...I decided I "didn't even like it". So I put the remainder back in the fridge and walked away. When our son came home from his meeting, he finished the piece I had started.

I know I should not have done this but in a way I think it was good that I did and that I did feel it wasn't worth the bother. Do you understand? Anyhow, confessions are good for the soul and as I lay in bed last night it came into my mind that I wanted to share this with some of you. If you get the urge (and mine wasn't really an urge as much as a decision) go for it, you just might be surprised how it affects you. Anyhow back on the diet horse this a.m. and I am more determined than ever now.;)

Good luck everyone! Hang in there! I know I will. I'm rather disappointed I've not lost anymore lately but the weather is now warming up and I've been hard at work all morning so the exercise will come soon enough and I know the scales will "tip in my favor".:) I'm hoping to even get in some gardening this afternoon.