Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5326jan

Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

Boy do I need to heed my own advice today, I just ate and ate. Not good. I know I shouldn't get on the scales every day, but I did, and saw it was creeping up. I gained 3/4 lb over 3 days :-(.

Well tomorrows another day.

Yes, heed your own advice and don't beat yourself up over this little slip.

3/4 lb isn't that bad and you can lose it again. I wasn't all that good today either, just decided to have a brownie...and I ended up having two before the day was over. If the scales are up a little tomorrow, I have only myself to blame but I will get back in gear and do what I need to do.

So come on Suzque49, we can do this!!!! I know we can!!!!!:D:)

Hello everyone, hope you had a good weekend and today lets all get back in gear and stick to our "plans". I wasn't all that good yesterday but plan today to remember the goal and get out in the garden and accomplish a few tasks that need attention. If it just will quit raining long enough for me to do some real yard work.

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!!!;)

Good Morning my friends!!!

First of all, it looks like everyone is doing great! Second, I would like to share my learning experience from yesterday.

As you all know I have decided to mow to burn more calories. Well, yesterday I go out and start mowing, after about 15 minutes I notice that the grass is stuck from coming out of the side of my push mower. So...I reach down to pull it out, without shutting it off. It caught my middle finger!!!:eek: I was lucky though! I only lost my acrilic nail and bruised all the soft tissue in the finger. I am now of some hefty pain killers, but the doctor said that I should be better within a couple of weeks. It looks pretty horrible and feels even worse, but I prasie the Lord for saving my finger! Also, after the doctor--I went right back to mowing and ended up mowing my neighbors yard too! :p

Now for the weightloss part. As you all know I have a mini goal of reaching 180lbs before I leave to meet the ship in 8 days. Well, today I am proud to tell you that I reached my mini goal and surpassed it!!! :D I am done another 1.6 pounds and officially weigh 179.8!!! I am very excited and proud!

Thank you all for listening and I will talk to you soon! ~ Crystal

Stats

SW: 207

Mini goal: 180 by my cruise! (reached and surpassed on 5/24)

GW: 140-145

Boy you are lucky you didn't lose a finger or your whole hand. Mowers are not to be trifled with.:(

So glad to hear you are doing so great on the weight. Good work!;)

Good Morning my friends!!!

First of all, it looks like everyone is doing great! Second, I would like to share my learning experience from yesterday.

As you all know I have decided to mow to burn more calories. Well, yesterday I go out and start mowing, after about 15 minutes I notice that the grass is stuck from coming out of the side of my push mower. So...I reach down to pull it out, without shutting it off. It caught my middle finger!!!:eek: I was lucky though! I only lost my acrilic nail and bruised all the soft tissue in the finger. I am now of some hefty pain killers, but the doctor said that I should be better within a couple of weeks. It looks pretty horrible and feels even worse, but I prasie the Lord for saving my finger! Also, after the doctor--I went right back to mowing and ended up mowing my neighbors yard too! :p

Now for the weightloss part. As you all know I have a mini goal of reaching 180lbs before I leave to meet the ship in 8 days. Well, today I am proud to tell you that I reached my mini goal and surpassed it!!! :D I am done another 1.6 pounds and officially weigh 179.8!!! I am very excited and proud!

Thank you all for listening and I will talk to you soon! ~ Crystal

Stats

SW: 207

Mini goal: 180 by my cruise! (reached and surpassed on 5/24)

Yikes! The idea is to lose weight by dieting and exercising, not one finger tip at a time!:eek: I'm glad that you're ok! Congrats on breaking the 180 mark!

Yikes! The idea is to lose weight by dieting and exercising, not one finger tip at a time!:eek: I'm glad that you're ok! Congrats on breaking the 180 mark!

This is such a cute approach; I love it. Never thought about Crystal trying to lose weight and being so determined she would cut off her fingers!:D:p;) Sure made me smile this morning.

LOL! That is exactly what the DH said too! I am feeling better today though. I skipped Curves and Zumba since it happened--didn't want to jar my finger! But tomorrow it is back to the grindstone!

I do have a question for all of you though. I don't want to completely fall when I cruise next week. So I was thinking that I could walk around the ship in the early mornings to help. I don't like treadmmills at all--I feel like I am never getting anywhere! :p So how many time around the ship would be equivlant to a mile? Does anyone know??? Thank you in advance!!!

Oh--and I have to mow again tomorrow!!! :eek: LOL I promise to keep all my fingers though!!! :D

~Crystal

LOL! That is exactly what the DH said too! I am feeling better today though. I skipped Curves and Zumba since it happened--didn't want to jar my finger! But tomorrow it is back to the grindstone!

I do have a question for all of you though. I don't want to completely fall when I cruise next week. So I was thinking that I could walk around the ship in the early mornings to help. I don't like treadmmills at all--I feel like I am never getting anywhere! :p So how many time around the ship would be equivlant to a mile? Does anyone know??? Thank you in advance!!!

Oh--and I have to mow again tomorrow!!! :eek: LOL I promise to keep all my fingers though!!! :D

~Crystal

Crystal,

We used to walk on the ships but each one is different. I do think they have it posted so you will know how many times around equals a mile. Good luck just don't push yourself too hard.

We haven't walked since DH fell on our Panama Canal cruise and dislocated his shoulder. Now we try to take the stairs as much as we can and DH goes to the gym on the ships.

I do have a question for all of you though. I don't want to completely fall when I cruise next week. So I was thinking that I could walk around the ship in the early mornings to help. I don't like treadmmills at all--I feel like I am never getting anywhere! So how many time around the ship would be equivlant to a mile? Does anyone know??? Thank you in advance!!!

Oh--and I have to mow again tomorrow!!! LOL I promise to keep all my fingers though!!! :D

~Crystal

Crystal, I'm so excited for you! Yes, definitely plan to walk on the cruise, I wouldn't worry about miles as much as time. You want to get your heart rate up for a solid 20 minutes minimum. Princess ships are beginning to add zumba to the "entertainment" program, so don't just look at the group exercise classes, check out the entertainment and see if they have something going on that might be fun. I know you're on HAL, but they may have similar classes.

Are you taking any tours? Here's my embarassing tidbit of advice. You don't want to eat a lot more than your body is used to, because if you leave the ship you may not have easy access to a toilet.... or at least one that you would want to use.... so you need to keep your "regular" habits.:eek::rolleyes::o Sorry to be tacky, but it is a real issue!

OK, Be careful out there!!!:)

We've been having terrible storms here in Indiana, yesterday and through last night. Didn't get much sleep and will admit yesterday with the weather being so crappy I did nibble on things I shouldn't. A neighbor brought over some homemade chocolate chip cookies and I ate two. Know I shouldn't have but they were so good and not very big.:eek:

Crystal be careful out there when you mow today. If it clears up and the sun dries out the lawn, we will be working outside today too. I hope it stops raining soon. That line of storms that rolled through yesterday was something else.:(

I will try to be good today.

Am I the only one still posting? Where did you all go?

Well I've been "bad" for a few days...not really terribly bad...but the scales has inched up a bit so today I'm going to try really hard to behave.

I went around the corner to a neighbor's garage sale and bought myself a new "journal" so maybe the new book will inspire me. I began writing in it at breakfast and hope to get back in gear. :p

Yesterday was a cold and dreary day and I had a chore to do that sort of got me down in the dumps a bit. A dear friend of mine died earlier this year and I was asked to bring some of her ashes home to Indiana to scatter over the grave of a child of hers. Yesterday we went to the cemetery and took care of that. Afterwards we stopped at a new Mexican restaurant and yes, I ate the whole meal. Not a huge meal but probably more than I needed. Not making excuses, I've just not been the best dieter of late, so I know in my heart if I want to get rid of any more of this excess fat, I've got to get going again. I plan to try really hard today and so far I'm doing okay. Made French toast for my DH and DS and I didn't eat a single bite of it. I had a little bowl of fruit and a yogurt, along with my coffee.;)

Hope everyone is doing better than I am right now; we've got to keep on inspiring each other. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.

Hey Babs, don't worry so much about being the best dieter, just try to eat healthy one meal at a time. You've already done great by your breakfast today :) I know you can do it.

I've been so busy lately, having to work a bunch of overtime. I got a new workout dvd this week, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I did it yesterday- ooh boy is my behind sore today LOL :eek: Lots of lunges and squats- I felt very out of shape doing her workout, but the plan is to do that at least 3x a week.

Crystal-do you have all your fingers today?? I'm happy for you reaching your mini goal! That's great.

Jan, how's your new plan working?

Suzque, you SHOULD take your own advice, it was very good advice.

Hey Babs, don't worry so much about being the best dieter, just try to eat healthy one meal at a time. You've already done great by your breakfast today :) I know you can do it.

I've been so busy lately, having to work a bunch of overtime. I got a new workout dvd this week, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I did it yesterday- ooh boy is my behind sore today LOL :eek: Lots of lunges and squats- I felt very out of shape doing her workout, but the plan is to do that at least 3x a week.

Crystal-do you have all your fingers today?? I'm happy for you reaching your mini goal! That's great.

Jan, how's your new plan working?

Suzque, you SHOULD take your own advice, it was very good advice.

Thanks and yes, I know eating healthy is the very best plan and one I do try hard to do. It wasn't easy sitting across the table and watching them devour French toast and sausage patties, but I did just fine. I know I just need to get more exercise so am planning to get outside later today and do some gardening. :p Also the other day on one of the doctor-type shows, forget just which one, they did say it is good for us to "go off the diet" once in a while and not deprive ourselves constantly. So I try hard to keep thinking positively, even though those darned scales seem to either want to stay in one place or inch up a bit. Maybe I just need a new scales.:confused:

Thanks for the support....and again happy weekend to all!:)

Thank you so much about the input on walking around the ship and watching what I eat; if I have to lose sight of the nearest bathroom! :eek: Oh, that would be simply awful!!!

I did go to Zumba and mowed the other day--all 10 fingers in place still!!!:p But I have skipped Curves the whole week and today showed my naughtiness...

I snuck a peak at the scale today--even though Tuesday is my weigh-in day and saw that I had GAINED .2 lbs!!! :mad:

I evaluated myself compared to the week before when I lost 1.6 and this week. This is what I learned... 1. I cannot eat over 1200 calories a day. 2. I cannot skip workouts. 3. NO MORE SNACKING AFTER 8PM. So I will start anew today and hopefully lose that .2 lbs before I leave on Thursday! :o

Babs, How is that new journal coming along? Is it helping inspire you? It sounds like you are doing fine--especially with that positive attitude!

5326jan, How are you doing? Thanks for the little advice! Believe me, I am taking it to heart! Could you imagine--how embarrassing!!! :eek:

LP, How is the 30-day Shred coming along? I know a lot of people that live by it--and their results are the proof! Keep us updated!

Suzque49, How are you doing? I am sure you got right back on track after that one day!

Hypermommy, you okay? We miss you on here!!!

All our new people--where did you go? Come back and we can all support one another!!!

Well, I better go start my dinner. We invited some friends over and I am making Shish Kabobs for everyone! Should be yummy and healthy!!! I will talk to you all soon! Keep it up everyone--YOU ARE ALL DOING WONDERFUL!!!

Thank you so much about the input on walking around the ship and watching what I eat; if I have to lose sight of the nearest bathroom! :eek: Oh, that would be simply awful!!!

I did go to Zumba and mowed the other day--all 10 fingers in place still!!!:p But I have skipped Curves the whole week and today showed my naughtiness...

I snuck a peak at the scale today--even though Tuesday is my weigh-in day and saw that I had GAINED .2 lbs!!! :mad:

I evaluated myself compared to the week before when I lost 1.6 and this week. This is what I learned... 1. I cannot eat over 1200 calories a day. 2. I cannot skip workouts. 3. NO MORE SNACKING AFTER 8PM. So I will start anew today and hopefully lose that .2 lbs before I leave on Thursday! :o

Babs, How is that new journal coming along? Is it helping inspire you? It sounds like you are doing fine--especially with that positive attitude!

5326jan, How are you doing? Thanks for the little advice! Believe me, I am taking it to heart! Could you imagine--how embarrassing!!! :eek:

LP, How is the 30-day Shred coming along? I know a lot of people that live by it--and their results are the proof! Keep us updated!

Suzque49, How are you doing? I am sure you got right back on track after that one day!

Hypermommy, you okay? We miss you on here!!!

All our new people--where did you go? Come back and we can all support one another!!!

Well, I better go start my dinner. We invited some friends over and I am making Shish Kabobs for everyone! Should be yummy and healthy!!! I will talk to you all soon! Keep it up everyone--YOU ARE ALL DOING WONDERFUL!!!

Hi Everyone, Just popping in to say hi and keep up the good work. It's a busy holiday weekend for us with lots going on. I'll catch up on Tuesday.

Happy Memorial Day!!! Thanks to all who serve proudly for the USA!

Well not so sure the new journal is gonna help me all that much, but I do attempt to write down everything I eat.(It is a nice hardback journal with the "Footprints" poem on the front of it. This is a favorite of mine so I had to buy it.)

I've just come in from working outside in the yard; so much to do and I'm getting too old for all this labor. Anyhow it is looking good and maybe one more time of working on some of the weeds that seemed to take over the south of the house, and I can sow some grass seed. I did a little today, mainly the neighbors small section that butts up to our front yard. He has a bad hip so I thought this little bit might help them out a little and it was a good small space to begin with. Can't recall what time we went out but didn't stop till 530 so I'm pretty pooped. Not going to be much in the mood for very much food either so thankfully there are some good healthy leftovers I can pop into the microwave (eggplant).

I know this work out was good and just what I needed to motivate me so glad it was a nice but not too hot of a day. Nice breeze and quite a few hours of hard labor. About time to hit the showers and relax for the rest of the evening.

There was a comment about not eating after 8 p.m. I've always heard it is best if you don't eat after 7 but know that is hard to do. Frankly I like to not have a snack unless it is some kind of nuts that are good for you at night but I don't always follow that rule either.

We can do this!!!:)

Well everyone, I had to switch my weigh-in day to today, because of a groupd challenge on MFP-to lose 5lbs in May. I am happy to report that I lost another 4lbs!!! I am currently down to 175.8lbs!

I hope everyone has a good holiday!!! Talk to you at least once more before we leave for our cruise on Thursday!

~Crystal

Stats:

SW: 207.2

Mini GW 180 before the cruise--Met on 5/17 and passed on 5/30

CW: 175.8 :)

Well everyone, I had to switch my weigh-in day to today, because of a groupd challenge on MFP-to lose 5lbs in May. I am happy to report that I lost another 4lbs!!! I am currently down to 175.8lbs!

I hope everyone has a good holiday!!! Talk to you at least once more before we leave for our cruise on Thursday!

~Crystal

Stats:

SW: 207.2

Mini GW 180 before the cruise--Met on 5/17 and passed on 5/30

CW: 175.8 :)

Wow, down four more lbs; that is just wonderful!!!! :D

I'm finally where I should be before I "nibbled" on a few too many goodies, and I wrote in my journal this am to "stay on course" and I plan to try hard not to deviate.

Crystal, sure hope you enjoy your cruise. I'm sure you will and you will come back refreshed and ready to tackle the remainder of your loss.

It's too hot here, so not much motivation to move, let alone exercise.:eek:

I'd like to join the group if I may? We had a little weight-loss contest going among about 8 of us at work during April-May; the accountability does wonders for me! Now that the contest is over, I'm keenly aware that I am once again not accountable to anyone for reporting gain/loss each week - very dangerous for me. I was so glad to find the Lose Before You Cruise section of CC!

My basic info: 53 yrs old, Nana to 3 handsome boys and 1 beautiful girl :D, married almost 36 yrs, and...overweight! My starting weight on March 4th was 208 lbs; this morning I weighed in at 185 so I've lost 23 lbs so far. My short-term goal was to lose 30 lbs, and ideally another 10-15 lbs by the time we cruise in February 2012. I have some developed some health issues that run in my family, so not only do I need to lose weight just to feel better about myself - I need to lose weight (and keep it off!) for my health's sake.

I ordered a cute jean skirt off of Ebay a couple of weeks ago and it was 2 sizes smaller than I had been wearing, I thought it would be good motivation for me to lose enough weight so that it would fit. It arrived today - and it fits! :) It's the small milestones that are so rewarding and encouraging along the way.

Have a nice evening everyone - I ended my day by taking my 3 grandsons for a walk, after sunset and it had cooled down a bit. :)

Welcome JustUs275 and fellow Hoosier!! We live in Columbus, Indiana. Where are you? Sounds like you've been doing great on your journey

to healthier eating and you are most welcome to join us.:)

I have to confess that for the past week or maybe two I've not been the best but I'm still sticking to the healthier choices and realize it's just one of those plateaus everyone talks about. Eventually a few more pounds will fall off and I'm hoping the weather cools off some so we can get outside and walk. Right now, it seems I'm just about able to accomplish

the inside chores and that is it...but I'm still staying "positive"!;)

I'd like to join the group if I may? We had a little weight-loss contest going among about 8 of us at work during April-May; the accountability does wonders for me! Now that the contest is over, I'm keenly aware that I am once again not accountable to anyone for reporting gain/loss each week - very dangerous for me. I was so glad to find the Lose Before You Cruise section of CC!

My basic info: 53 yrs old, Nana to 3 handsome boys and 1 beautiful girl :D, married almost 36 yrs, and...overweight! My starting weight on March 4th was 208 lbs; this morning I weighed in at 185 so I've lost 23 lbs so far. My short-term goal was to lose 30 lbs, and ideally another 10-15 lbs by the time we cruise in February 2012. I have some developed some health issues that run in my family, so not only do I need to lose weight just to feel better about myself - I need to lose weight (and keep it off!) for my health's sake.

I ordered a cute jean skirt off of Ebay a couple of weeks ago and it was 2 sizes smaller than I had been wearing, I thought it would be good motivation for me to lose enough weight so that it would fit. It arrived today - and it fits! :) It's the small milestones that are so rewarding and encouraging along the way.

Have a nice evening everyone - I ended my day by taking my 3 grandsons for a walk, after sunset and it had cooled down a bit. :)

Welcome JustUs275! Congratulations on the first 23lbs lost! That is a great achievement! The rest will come off soon too!

Well everyone today is my last day with you all until we are back. I am so excited and proud! Reaching and then passing my mini-goal weight has me so excited! I went out and returned one formal dress that was too BIG and bought a smaller one today! Now, to finish packing--We leave tomorrow at 11am. I am going to try to not gain any weight on the trip and I agreed to participate in the 5k for the Cure while we are cruising!!

Everyone, keep it up! I look forward to reading how many sticks of butter have melted away in 11 days!!!

~Crystal

Welcome JustUs275! Congratulations on the first 23lbs lost! That is a great achievement! The rest will come off soon too!

Well everyone today is my last day with you all until we are back. I am so excited and proud! Reaching and then passing my mini-goal weight has me so excited! I went out and returned one formal dress that was too BIG and bought a smaller one today! Now, to finish packing--We leave tomorrow at 11am. I am going to try to not gain any weight on the trip and I agreed to participate in the 5k for the Cure while we are cruising!!

Everyone, keep it up! I look forward to reading how many sticks of butter have melted away in 11 days!!!

~Crystal

Crystal hope you have a blast on your cruise! Terrific news on the formal dress and don't we all feel great when we can get into a smaller size! I wish you a joyous and relaxing cruise. Have fun and hurry back and tell us all about it!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Today I did really, really well - until this evening's dinner! :eek: My daughter invited me to go to dinner with them and we ended up at a Mexican restaurant...chips & salsa seem to be my weakness lately! :o But it's right back to the smart eating again, I am learning that it's ok for me to indulge as long as I don't allow the old overeating pattern to develop again.

welovetocruisetwo: hi back to a fellow Hoosier! :) Oh I know where Columbus is, love that city with it's interesting architecture and bridges...and really love the outlet mall at Edinburgh. LOL I live near Evansville, way down at the southern border of the state. But my daughter and I manage to make 2-3 trips a year to the outlet mall...gotta clothe the grandchildren you know! ;)

Crystal: thanks...I hope you are right (about the rest coming off quickly!) I like to think of pounds lost in terms of sticks of butter too. While our contest was going on at work, we were leafing through a catalog that came in the mail; it had all kinds of fake foods and things for nutrition demonstrations...one of the things was this huge 5 lb slab of fake fat - ugh!!! How exciting to be leaving for your cruise, and to have to buy a smaller gown...wow - does it get much better? :) Good luck with your endeavor to not gain while on the cruise and have a wonderful time!

I have been doing really really bad lately.

Not totally off track, kinda back and forth. I've been sick for the past few days and when I'm sick I want "comfort food" Ice cream, chocolate etc.

I know that it will pass, just so I don't do too much damage.

I have been doing really really bad lately.

Not totally off track, kinda back and forth. I've been sick for the past few days and when I'm sick I want "comfort food" Ice cream, chocolate etc.

I know that it will pass, just so I don't do too much damage.

That is not good news and yes, we do want and need comfort food when we don't feel well. I've been doing about the same...not sick...but just not really "going anyplace". It's just been too hot and I've no energy to exercise. Today it is cooler so I plan to do more gardening and get some grass seed down so it will hopefully germinate before too long. I've done a lot of watering but very little actual yard work. I'm hoping if the weather cools off that we can begin walking again, which I know is what I need.

Hang in there everyone; even if we don't lose if we just maintain, it's something!:p I'm still eating healthy and making fairly good choices most of the time and even if we do fall off the wagon once in a while, we just have to get back onboard!:rolleyes: