Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Today I did the Cardio Power & Resistance it was 40 minutes long. Once again I was drowning in my own sweat. I had to take a hot bath with Epsom salt because my muscles are sore.

I took my vitamin D3 and the multivitamin.

I did a green smoothie(with spinach and fruits).

I am drinking a lot of water.

Drank some green tea with a piece of lime in it.

I ate with some salad and I am planning to eat salad daily.

I am also planning on reducing my sugar intake.

I am quoting myself to fix some typos mistake lol.

Welovetocruisetwo thank you so much. You are really encouraging, don't give up. Sometimes that happens, maybe you are not losing weight but perhaps you are losing inches.

In like 10-15 minutes I will start working on a new video.

I decided to take some pics of my body to do a comparison.

JustUs275 Keep up the good work. 24 pounds? IMPRESSIVE. Good job.

I am going to have to buy a new scale, the one we have at home is not very balanced or even accurate anymore.

I will be going grocery shopping once I finish exercising. I need to get more spinach, other greens and more fruits.

I am determined to lose some weight before my cruise, and even after the cruise.

Today was Cardio Recovery, no cardio and just toning up exercises. Although I was not jumping all over the place I was still sweating a lot, I guess since is so hot lol.

I did grocery shopping got me some more spinach, strawberries, grapes, and some bananas.

Thanks for the kudos on 24 lbs lost...so encouraging when we can share our successes and struggles.

cruiseswag - what do you do with fresh spinach? Eat it as a salad? Or do you have other ways of preparing it?

I did well today I think; Thursdays are typically my "work at home" day and the day I babysit my 4-yr old granddaughter too. I made good eating choices today - made some good bbq chicken for dinner with a homemade bbq sauce that my other daughter gave me, very tasty! I also made a blueberry cobbler with blueberries she had brought over, but I didn't eat any of that. She said it was good tho. :D I did have some fat-free chocolate ice cream, yum! My granddaughter and I swam for about an hour today and I made sure to do some aqua-cise too. She's a little water bug and I get lots of exercise when we're in the pool together, her favorite thing is our "races" from one end to the other. :) Another happy note: my bathing suit that I've worn for the past 2 yrs is now too big - time for a new one soon, yay!

I don't have a good scales at home either, but we do have a nice one at work. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's weigh-in is a good one! I have one week to lose that 25th pound by my mini-goal deadline! Have a good FRIDAY everyone! :)

Today was Cardio Recovery, no cardio and just toning up exercises. Although I was not jumping all over the place I was still sweating a lot, I guess since is so hot lol.

I did grocery shopping got me some more spinach, strawberries, grapes, and some bananas.

We went shopping too. Bought strawberries, Bing cherries, blueberries, lettuce and bananas also!:p

You are so right; it's just too hot. Pretty down in the dumps today, maybe the heat or who knows. Anyhow I wasn't the best so scales will likely be up in the morning. Only myself to blame and I will say I seldom have "down days". I'm a pretty positive person but for some reason today I was just down in the dumps. Tomorrow is another day and hey I wore a blouse today when we went in to the lawyer's office for our appointment. This is a blouse that not too long ago was "pulling across the chest" with one strategic button almost popping open. Today the blouse was loose and almost too big...so maybe even though I'm not losing so many pounds I'm losing inches. I must be!!:D Also the skirt I wore is new, never worn before, and it is too big. Hows that for a positive feeling? Now why was I down and out? No idea...but tomorrow I will be better...I promise.

Thanks for the kudos on 24 lbs lost...so encouraging when we can share our successes and struggles.

cruiseswag - what do you do with fresh spinach? Eat it as a salad? Or do you have other ways of preparing it?

I did well today I think; Thursdays are typically my "work at home" day and the day I babysit my 4-yr old granddaughter too. I made good eating choices today - made some good bbq chicken for dinner with a homemade bbq sauce that my other daughter gave me, very tasty! I also made a blueberry cobbler with blueberries she had brought over, but I didn't eat any of that. She said it was good tho. :D I did have some fat-free chocolate ice cream, yum! My granddaughter and I swam for about an hour today and I made sure to do some aqua-cise too. She's a little water bug and I get lots of exercise when we're in the pool together, her favorite thing is our "races" from one end to the other. :) Another happy note: my bathing suit that I've worn for the past 2 yrs is now too big - time for a new one soon, yay!

I don't have a good scales at home either, but we do have a nice one at work. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's weigh-in is a good one! I have one week to lose that 25th pound by my mini-goal deadline! Have a good FRIDAY everyone! :)

Wow, you are doing great! I'm seriously considering buying a new scales as I know mine is so old and likely not very accurate. A bathing suit that is too big just has to go girl!!! I love the water and if you have a pool and can exercise that way more power to you. I miss our pool so much, in fact I just miss swimming!

You will lose that one pound before you cruise. Count on it!!!!:D

Well Friday is almost history as the evening draws to a close. Today I was happy (more like elated) to see my scales was down another pound.

I suppose I should be honest here and tell you all that so far I've now lost 15 pounds and it's been 72 days since I began "this journey"!:p In reality I've always had a very difficult time losing weight, even when I was much younger, so for me this is a real victory. I know the "secret" is that I'm not dieting so much as "changing my lifestyle". I now know that food can be a very bad habit and it doesn't bother me at all to sit down to the table with my DH and see him eating macaroni and cheese when there is none of it on my plate. In fact that happened tonight. I had more salad instead and I'm just fine. I still have a ways to go but I am sticking to this, I'm changing all the time and I'm proud that I have accomplished what I have accomplished so far.:)

Some days we can all get "down in the dumps" (as I call it) and yesterday was exactly one of those days for me. I did get into some "sweets" but only allowed myself a few and the scales were still good to me today! Thank you for small favors! Today I've been a good girl, ran some errands and delivered some meals to some shut in friends. We got a little rain but still need so much more. We are so dry the lawns are burning up with all this heat.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stick to your plans. Even when we get off course now and then, we can circle right back to the straight and narrow. :D

JustUs275

I use the spinach to make a green smoothie. Basically, you can use greens for this it doesn't have to be spinach. I promise you that it taste really really good, you can even google this. I put the fruits in the fridge so that they can get frozen. Then I take a handful of spinach, 8oz of water, I add the frozen fruits(bananas, berries, grapes etc) and put it in the blender. The results are: a healthy yummy smoothie.

JustUs275

I use the spinach to make a green smoothie. Basically, you can use greens for this it doesn't have to be spinach. I promise you that it taste really really good, you can even google this. I put the fruits in the fridge so that they can get frozen. Then I take a handful of spinach, 8oz of water, I add the frozen fruits(bananas, berries, grapes etc) and put it in the blender. The results are: a healthy yummy smoothie.

Your smoothie sounds quite good.

I have made myself a smoothie but mainly use fruits; also a couple of times have made myself a coffee frappe (like they sell in Starbucks) but with no calories except perhaps a little in the milk. In fact just came in from weeding the garden and think I will go do just that. A tall cool frappee, with decafe coffee, spenda, ice and a dash of milk..yum yum. Kitchen here I come and it will cool me off too.:p

Welovetocruisetwo you should try it with greens but when you do make sure that the fruits are frozen. It will taste so good.

Yesterday, I didn't work out, but today I got my period and I did Pure Cardio. Sunday is the only day off so I will rest because the first two days I get really bad cramps. I will be taking pictures tomorrow of my body.

I took my vitamins.

I am drinking a lot of water and green tea.

I will be making a green smoothie in a little while.

Hmmm, interesting use of spinach - I have never heard of it! I will have to give that smoothie a try. I have to limit my sugar intake too, so it would have to be a small one because of the fruit. :)

I weighed at work yesterday and was quite dismayed to see that I gained a pound! I guess it's from too many indulgences last week (which I was fully aware of). I read somewhere that it actually takes a week or so for what you eat - or don't eat - to show up on the scales. So hopefully this coming week the scales will show better results. I'm not giving up!!! I still have 6 days to drop the 2 lbs and reach my 25 lb mini-goal...we leave for our weekend family trip on Friday.

Good choices today, even at the birthday party I attended. Well, I did have a very small slice of cake. ;) We marinaded and grilled New York strip steaks this evening, very good! Those silly tortilla chips in the kitchen cabinet are calling my name even as I am typing this - but I will resist! :cool:

I'm hoping the weather is hot and sunny tomorrow, I'm planning to have a nice, relaxing afternoon in the pool. :D

Last night I jumped on the scales and was somewhat dismayed to see it up two pounds,:( but this morning it wasn't that bad. So warning here, depending on the time of day you weigh in, the scales will be different.

I normally weigh in early in the morning, soon after getting out of bed...and find that if I do that my weight seems more consistent. I also

remember someone mentioning how your weight can fluctuate depending on what time of day or even the time of the month etc. So, I didn't get all bent out of shape, just told myself "it's temporary" and "you are gonna do this girl!!!" I'm being good today and so far have stayed away from anything "sweet" (which is my downfall I'll admit it) and I also worked outside in the yard and the garden so that should've burned a few calories.:)

I am going to start doing the ATKINS diet. I feel that if I do that plus Insanity, by August 7th I will be in good shape.

So I will start doing it tomorrow. :)

I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Have you ever tried Atkins before? It might be okay for just a couple weeks, but let me tell you I had cravings for fruit that wouldn't quit!!:(

Too much protein puts a strain on your kidneys too, so please be careful.

Atkins was all the rage back in the 70's and that is when I tried it, along with half the gals I knew. I couldn't last long because like I said I craved oranges and other fruits. :p I did lose but it is not a particularly healthy way to eat. I much prefer what I am doing now which is a modified South Beach; I just try to be very careful of portions and I do my best to stay away from all "white" things (pasts, rice, potatoes, flour sugar, etc.) and of course "the sweets" is my downfall.

Good luck CruiseSwag and keep us all posted on your progress!!!:)

Gee, I am gone for a week and you all rocked it!!! The cruise was so much fun--relaxing and beautiful! The food...ugh, I simply refuse to weigh-in for a week and a half!!! :eek: I need to detox a little I think!!! :p

I want to get my review up for everyone later this week, but just want to give you all a sneak peek first! "60-70 degree weather the ENTIRE time" "Cocktails with the Captain" "Polar Plunge for the DH" "Way to much shopping--including a beautiful solitare GLACIER BLUE DIAMOND" "Dinner at Le Cirque" "Tanned faces" "First-ever 5K" "Seal and Whale sightings" "FOOD, FOOD, and more FOOD!!!"

Tomorrow I will attempt Curves and a mile walk. Plus cut back on the food--A LOT!!! Talk to you all soon!!!

~Crystal

Have you ever tried Atkins before? It might be okay for just a couple weeks, but let me tell you I had cravings for fruit that wouldn't quit!!:(

Too much protein puts a strain on your kidneys too, so please be careful.

Atkins was all the rage back in the 70's and that is when I tried it, along with half the gals I knew. I couldn't last long because like I said I craved oranges and other fruits. :p I did lose but it is not a particularly healthy way to eat. I much prefer what I am doing now which is a modified South Beach; I just try to be very careful of portions and I do my best to stay away from all "white" things (pasts, rice, potatoes, flour sugar, etc.) and of course "the sweets" is my downfall.

Good luck CruiseSwag and keep us all posted on your progress!!!:)

I thought it was HEALTHY lol.

It is one of the reasons why I was going to give it a try.

I think I will do it like you, don't eat anything white and everything else you mentioned.

Do my smoothie with spinach, salads, eat meat and stuff.

I just ate bad right now, french fries but I made sure to prepare a hot cup of green tea to burn the fat.

But I do take a lot of carbs daily, and I eat rice because is one of the main food in my culture.

Tomorrow...INSANITY LOL.

But I have been eating bad for years, a lot of sugary stuff.

I am going to try to eat 6 small meals a day.

Atkins is not a healthy diet; you are too restricted on some things. At least this is my opinion. Others may disagree. I know if you are used to eating a lot of rice or pasta it is hard to stop that. It is certainly not part of my culture but we've always loved dishes with rice or pasta or potatoes too. I have a good friend, who happens to be an RN, and she went on Atkins a few years ago. Yes, she lost but it wasn't healthy. Just try some other diet, or if you do Atkins do it for a very short time to say "maybe jump start" yourself?:confused: I've been on my journey now for 74 days I believe and in that time, I've only eaten pasta maybe four times...and in very limited amounts. I've had no rice and little to no potatoes. I think on Atkins (and forgive me if I spell this word wrong) but your body goes into "keotosis" or something like that. Your body will take on a different smell and your kidneys are working overtime. You actually will "smell" different and its because of all the protein you are eating. Run a check on Google to see if you really want to try this diet. I shouldn't be talking to you about it when I know so very little medically to say what I'm saying, but I have heard others state it is not a good diet too.

Whatever you try, good luck and I really do believe portion control and not eating too much in the way of "white items" is the best choice. Can you switch from white rice to brown rice? :confused: Six small meals is also a very good choice. Good luck!!!:)

Welcome back Crystal!!

Okay so the cruise is done, now it's time to get back in gear and return to sensible eating habits. :p I'm so glad you had a ball and I wouldn't wait to see how much you gained, but that is just me. I've got to know if I have to work extra hard when I've been bad.

It does sound like the cruise was fun and I'm so happy for you. We all love our cruises but I'm already thinking "remember you have to still eat sensibly" and our cruise isn't till October.

Glad you are back, happy for you that you had so much fun and oh isn't it wonderful when our DH gives us more jewelry? I love it!!:D:)

Welovetocruisetwo thank you for all the information.

I started my own variation of it, I will consume more fruits than just "berries" for my smoothie but I will not use a lot of them.

I am going to give this a try and see how it goes.

I will be working out in an hour or so.

I took a pic of my body and I dont look that big, I will be taking pics weekly to check my progress.

August 7 here I COME!

Welovetocruisetwo thank you for all the information.

I started my own variation of it, I will consume more fruits than just "berries" for my smoothie but I will not use a lot of them.

I am going to give this a try and see how it goes.

I will be working out in an hour or so.

I took a pic of my body and I dont look that big, I will be taking pics weekly to check my progress.

August 7 here I COME!

Good luck CruiseSwag, I'm glad you are adding a few more things to the Adkins. I've been working in the garden and the yard, weeds seem to grow when nothing else does, don't they?:(:eek: Scales should be down from all the labor today.

Keep us all posted on how you aare doing and is it a cruise on August 7th?:confused:

I had two days without working out..I hate working out when I am on my period but is almost gone. I worked out today to Insanity.

I haven't been doing well with the Atkins diet, is so hard to start eating food you haven't tasted in years. I must say though that a lot of the food that I am used to eating is really HIGH IN CARBS. I will continue on trying to make a change because I find it scary the amount of carbs a day I consume and have been consuming for the past years.

I can't go cold turkey so I am going to try to little by little change my eating habits.

I had two days without working out..I hate working out when I am on my period but is almost gone. I worked out today to Insanity.

I haven't been doing well with the Atkins diet, is so hard to start eating food you haven't tasted in years. I must say though that a lot of the food that I am used to eating is really HIGH IN CARBS. I will continue on trying to make a change because I find it scary the amount of carbs a day I consume and have been consuming for the past years.

I can't go cold turkey so I am going to try to little by little change my eating habits.

Hey CruiseSwag, I think "little steps" is exactly the way to go. Sure we've probably all eaten far too many carbs through the years but I find now that I've weaned myself off them I'm not wanting them so much. Tonight I made French fries for my DH and DS and I nibbled on a couple but they really didn't taste all that great. I miss pasta or rice probably more than the potatoes. I still want chocolate but try very hard to limit myself if I do indulge to just a few bites.

I think the secret to Atkins is water loss more than anything and this "keotosis" your body goes into scares the devil out of me. It can damage your kidneys so just be careful. If you get weak or not to feeling good, just try smaller portions and eat more normally. Atkins is not a diet you can live with for life!!!:rolleyes:

I understand with the monthly cycle and if you don't feel well, dieting can be really hard. Just don't be so strick when you are not feeling well.

Good luck to everyone. I'm still sticking to my new life change and finding it easier and easier.

Been pretty quiet on here, where have you all gone? I will admit I was not so good yesterday but the scales didn't budge up this a.m. so I'm happy. Is everyone too busy with summer now to post? I'm still working in the garden and yard and will soon be done (if there is ever a "done" for that kind of work?). Pretty much still eating my regular foods, avoiding as many starches as possible and hanging in there. Hope you are all doing okay too. Let us hear from you please. :p

I am here and alive...things have been pretty hectic around here though. I broke one of my molars on the cruise, so I had to have it pulled on Tuesday. Ouch! :eek:

I easily jumped back into eating better and lower amounts after we got back. I have done Curves 3x, Zumba 2x, and biking 3.5miles 1x. I did check my weight and am happy to report that I have lost the 3 lbs that I put on during the cruise. :D So hopefully on my offical weigh-in day (Tuesday), I will have lost more and head more towards my permanent goal weight!!!

I will talk to everyone on Tuesday!!! Keep it up and the weight coming down!!!

~Crystal

Archived