Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5326jan

Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

I am here and alive...things have been pretty hectic around here though. I broke one of my molars on the cruise, so I had to have it pulled on Tuesday. Ouch! :eek:

I easily jumped back into eating better and lower amounts after we got back. I have done Curves 3x, Zumba 2x, and biking 3.5miles 1x. I did check my weight and am happy to report that I have lost the 3 lbs that I put on during the cruise. :D So hopefully on my offical weigh-in day (Tuesday), I will have lost more and head more towards my permanent goal weight!!!

I will talk to everyone on Tuesday!!! Keep it up and the weight coming down!!!

~Crystal

Glad someone is still around. Thought I was maybe gonna be here all alone!:p I know it is difficult to get back into the routine, but sounds like you are doing just fine. If you only gained three pounds and have already shed them, that is wonderful.

I had some time to myself today so did a little thing I've been wanting to do and that is try on clothes. I have lost enough that it was actually fun putting on some items that were "way too tight" on me before. Made me really happy!:D I can wear a turquoise suit that had been too tight through the bustline and now it fits fine...even a bit loose.

The sun is attempting to shine and the rain seems to have stopped. Going to be a fine day after all.

Sorry about your molar? Did you bite into something on the ship that broke the tooth? Ouch!!!:eek:

Well the weekend is gone and Father's Day is as well. Did anyone else have problems with this holiday? :( I have had problems lately staying focused and with the holiday, well, I had requests for food items surely not on anyone's approved eating list.:eek: SO today I've got to really get back in gear and "try harder". Weather is dreary and rainy so sort of puts one in a "blue mood", okay Babs...focus!!!! (Confession, DH requested brownies...and yes I did eat a couple....and potato pancakes for part of his dinner on Sunday...and I ate one small pancake. Plus request for breakfast was French Toast...so Father's day became a disaster zone for my diet. I didn't go wild but I did eat some and so today I'm going to really try harder.) It has dawned on me that yes I can eat some things I shouldn't and not go too far off track and it doesn't harm the diet but I really want to drop at least 30 more pounds. And going off the diet, is not the way to reach this goal. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!!!!:p

Hello everyone, I just found this thread, and I to need to lose about 60lbs. I just booked the cruise to Hawaii on Dec 7th and need to get going on my healthy eating again. I have been up and down my whole life. I was keeping my weight down for a few years, and then last year, I gained 50 lbs.. Just started this week, need lots of encouragement.

Jeannie

Hello everyone, I just found this thread, and I to need to lose about 60lbs. I just booked the cruise to Hawaii on Dec 7th and need to get going on my healthy eating again. I have been up and down my whole life. I was keeping my weight down for a few years, and then last year, I gained 50 lbs.. Just started this week, need lots of encouragement.

Jeannie

Welcome!!! Glad to have you join us. We are also going to Hawaii in October (the 17th). I still want to lose about 30 more lbs...down 15 so far and pretty much just holding my ground right now. But that is okay, I've changed my idea of what I need to eat, have elimnated some foods, if not completely, at least most of the time. Every now and then I don't watch what I put in my mouth as much as I should but the next day or the next meal, I'm back on track. Today I did some hard yard work and now I'm having a cold coffee (that I put into the blender with some ice, and a little milk and whipped up into a sort of "frappe"). That has to be better for me that a cold soft drink with all those wasted calories (that add to the "waist"!:p)

Again welcome Jeannie and hope you will find some support here. ;) Come back often.

I lost another 1.4 lbs this week.

Finally under 150lbs

SW 169.6

CW 149.4

GW 135

Suzque49 that is great!!! I've sort of teetered up and down a half a pound but since my scales are so old it's difficult to really tell. You should be very proud of yourself. That is just wonderful!;)

Jeannie

Jeannie, Welcome!!!

I hope that you find us very encouraging! What is your diet? So many of us have different ones on here, so you should fit in quite well! Good luck and let us know if you need anything!!!

~Crystal

I lost another 1.4 lbs this week.

Finally under 150lbs

SW 169.6

CW 149.4

GW 135

Suzque,

You are doing so awesome! The 140's is a HUGE accomplishment--Congratulations! I honestly think that I would fall over if I ever hit that number!!! :D Soon you will be in the 130's and viola--you will have met your goal!!!

~Crystal

Everyone,

I weighed in this morning and am happy to report that I kept off my post-cruise gain, plus lost another pound!!! Another happy moment for me was at Curves yesterday. My monthly measure and weigh-in was due and I can happily report that I lost another 3.5 inches all around! But more importantly, my body fat % is lower by 2%. :)

I hope everyone is doing well...for those that haven't checked lately...we miss you and hope that you are doing fantastic!!!

~Crystal

Statistics

SW: 207.2

CW: 174.8

GW: 135 (less than 40lbs to go :o)

I am going to start doing the ATKINS diet. I feel that if I do that plus Insanity, by August 7th I will be in good shape.

So I will start doing it tomorrow. :)

I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Hi CruiseSwag! I am glad to see that you joined our "loser" group!:D My mom did the ATKINS diet and lost a lot of weight (I wont mention the health problems she has now, since everyone's body is different) I also did the ATKINS about 5 years ago. I lost 10 pounds in about 2 weeks, with no exercise!!! The only warning I will give you though is about alcohol. I had one SMALL drink at my friends wedding and was falling over drunk!!! :rolleyes: Something about no carbs in your body to soak up the alcohol...makes for a little "tipsy". LOL Good luck and let us know how you are doing with it...doing Insanity with it should help you meet your Cruise goal no problem!!!

~Crystal

Hello everyone hope all of you are doing well. Welovetocruisetwo I have missed you lol.

I haven't done Insanity in like 5 days but I have been eating good so thats a good thing. I am now 194.8 pounds, Initially in mid April I was 201 pounds. My BMI went from 38.1 and is now 36.6. I was stuck at 197 for a little while and today I found out that I am now down to 194.8 and I am so happy.

I will resume back to Insanity today, I can't and I won't stop. I am sure it was a combination of good eating and Insanity that made me get down to 194.8. I have set my mind into weekly short goals. My mind is now trying to get out of the 190 range to get to the 189. I am 5'7 and my normal weight should be around 140.

Hello everyone hope all of you are doing well. Welovetocruisetwo I have missed you lol.

I haven't done Insanity in like 5 days but I have been eating good so thats a good thing. I am now 194.8 pounds, Initially in mid April I was 201 pounds. My BMI went from 38.1 and is now 36.6. I was stuck at 197 for a little while and today I found out that I am now down to 194.8 and I am so happy.

I will resume back to Insanity today, I can't and I won't stop. I am sure it was a combination of good eating and Insanity that made me get down to 194.8. I have set my mind into weekly short goals. My mind is now trying to get out of the 190 range to get to the 189. I am 5'7 and my normal weight should be around 140.

Oops wrong INFORMATION my BMI is not 36.6...is ACTUALLY 30.4. The number 36.6 is the percentage of FAT that I have in my body. My BMI was a 31.5 before and the amount of fat was 38.1..I got confused.

Have I been away? Don't think so..but nice to know someone missed me if I was.:p I'm still just trying to truthfully eat sensibly and other than vegetables and fruits, trying to stay away from carbs. I've almost forgotten that I am "dieting" as I now feel "this is just the way it has to be" to keep the weight off. The other day when I tried on some of my clothes I couldn't button, wow...did it feel good to put on a suit or a dress and find it looked good and now fit me so much better. Actually pound wise I've not moved down much lately but I know I'm losing inches. Just wish I had measured before I began but I didn't. Oh well, I know from my clothes. The other day my husband said "you may need to call and get someone to take in those jeans, they are getting baggy". Well they are old ones and ones I just use to garden in so I don't care but it was good someone noticed. ;)

If you are determined to do Atkins, just be very careful and don't stay on it too long. Sure I lost on it too but it was mainly water weight and it didn't stay off. My feeling now is "you have to change your whole attitude about food". I know it is going to be difficult on the cruises we have booked, but in spite of the fact it will be difficult, I'm going to try my level best to stay "in focus" and not go too wild over the mimosas at breakfast or the wine/drinks at cocktail time. Maybe one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. or perhaps I'd best skip a few days??:confused: Time will tell and for sure that alcohol is just calories none of us need.

Good luck and continued success, some of you are just doing tremendously and hey I like to do that same thing...just tiny little steps. Each five pound mark on the scale is a little mini goal and how wonderful we feel when we break that 200, 190, 180, 170 or whatever. Keep up the good work gals and guys (do we have any guys on here?) and talk to you tomorrow.

Thanks everone for the encouragement. I have been up and down a little recently. like up 1.4lb, down 1.6lb, up 1.0lb, down 1.4. at least it is slowly going down.

I did measure myself this morning, hips were 46" now 39.75", Waist was 37" now 33". bust was 44", now 40".

That makes me feel great, I was aiming toward getting at least under a 35" waist, but 33 is even better ;>)

Thanks everone for the encouragement. I have been up and down a little recently. like up 1.4lb, down 1.6lb, up 1.0lb, down 1.4. at least it is slowly going down.

I did measure myself this morning, hips were 46" now 39.75", Waist was 37" now 33". bust was 44", now 40".

That makes me feel great, I was aiming toward getting at least under a 35" waist, but 33 is even better ;>)

Suzque49 WAY TO GO!!!! You seem to yoyo like me and it can get discouraging I know. I've been stuck it seems for days or maybe weeks at this one mark and sometimes I wonder if it will ever change. Up one day, down another, up again! Could be quite disappointing but I just remind myself that "these are old scales and you just keep going"!!!! Yes, I do talk to myself! Losing 6 plus off the hips, 4 off the bust and waist is truly wonderful!!!:D:) I have no expectations on measurements just want to lose and be more healthy. We can do this if we just keep plugging away and that is exactly my plan!!

My son is doing the insanity thing, he's 26 and has lost 40lbs in 4 months. I am 50 and if I tried it, I think I would have a heart attack, just trying to get motivated enough to get on my eliptical. Been eating healthy, but its going really slow, guess exercise is the key.

Have I been away? Don't think so..but nice to know someone missed me if I was.:p I'm still just trying to truthfully eat sensibly and other than vegetables and fruits, trying to stay away from carbs. I've almost forgotten that I am "dieting" as I now feel "this is just the way it has to be" to keep the weight off. The other day when I tried on some of my clothes I couldn't button, wow...did it feel good to put on a suit or a dress and find it looked good and now fit me so much better. Actually pound wise I've not moved down much lately but I know I'm losing inches. Just wish I had measured before I began but I didn't. Oh well, I know from my clothes. The other day my husband said "you may need to call and get someone to take in those jeans, they are getting baggy". Well they are old ones and ones I just use to garden in so I don't care but it was good someone noticed. ;)

If you are determined to do Atkins, just be very careful and don't stay on it too long. Sure I lost on it too but it was mainly water weight and it didn't stay off. My feeling now is "you have to change your whole attitude about food". I know it is going to be difficult on the cruises we have booked, but in spite of the fact it will be difficult, I'm going to try my level best to stay "in focus" and not go too wild over the mimosas at breakfast or the wine/drinks at cocktail time. Maybe one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. or perhaps I'd best skip a few days??:confused: Time will tell and for sure that alcohol is just calories none of us need.

Good luck and continued success, some of you are just doing tremendously and hey I like to do that same thing...just tiny little steps. Each five pound mark on the scale is a little mini goal and how wonderful we feel when we break that 200, 190, 180, 170 or whatever. Keep up the good work gals and guys (do we have any guys on here?) and talk to you tomorrow.

Your very motivating, need you at my house, to get me excercising. I do well with eating during the day, but its when I get home from work, that my brain says, "time to pig out" I just started my healthy eating life change (what I call it) and I have 70lbs to take off. 50 of it I gain in the past 12 months. I know what I need to do, its just getting the start. I weigh myself everyday also, which I shouldn't. Thanks for all the encouraging words, helps me each day when I just want to give up.

:D

Your very motivating, need you at my house, to get me excercising. I do well with eating during the day, but its when I get home from work, that my brain says, "time to pig out" I just started my healthy eating life change (what I call it) and I have 70lbs to take off. 50 of it I gain in the past 12 months. I know what I need to do, its just getting the start. I weigh myself everyday also, which I shouldn't. Thanks for all the encouraging words, helps me each day when I just want to give up.

A lot of folks say "don't weigh every day"....and I know that but I still do....every single day. I think it's all about changing your whole life style and the way we think of food. I've found I can eat less and be completely satisfied. Today, a neighbor invited me out to lunch and so we go to this really nice restaurant downtown and normally I'd have a sandwich or something fattening, but today "I stuck to it and had a small house salad and a cup of soup"...no bread, no crackers...I even pushed the croutons to one side and left them on the salad plate. Just keep coming back here and let us all help keep you motivated. It's not so much about giving up everything. Yesterday I even ate a cookie, but most of the time I keep in focus. I also think having someone to talk to about your bad eating habits helps a lot, so I try to "confess" if I've been really bad but I will say other than a few times, I've stuck pretty much to my plan. Maybe don't try to give up the fattening things all together but tell yourself "just a few chips" or whatever you are craving. Sweets are my downfall and if I could suddenly hate chocolate, it would be fine. I crave chocolate and have most of my entire life...so now and then I just give in and allow myself a few pieces...not the whole thing just a little. Try not to pig out as you call it; this has never been my problem but I know it is for some.

Just keep trying and you can do it!! We all can!!!:D:) Re: Exercising; I'm bad on that one. Mostly right now I just work out in the yard or garden and then sometimes I use the weights I have. In fact right now I'm heading outside to tie up my tomatoes. Good luck everyone.:)

Finished today's workout.

I will be making a green smoothie after I take a shower.

Good for you CruiseSwag!!! ;) I had two invites out today, one for lunch and one for dinner. Went to both and was good each time, had a small cup of soup and a salad for lunch and a bowl of soup and lasagna for dinner. Only ate half the lasagna and brought the rest home. So pretty proud of myself that "avoiding temptation" twice in one day, I didn't do half bad. I also worked in the yard, pulling some weeds and sowing some grass seed so managed to get a little exercise. Tomorrow I plan to do more outside work as cooler temps are in the forecast, and I like that!!:)

Hello and happy Friday everyone! :D Sitting here waiting for a call back from our TA about a cruise we want to book for February 2012. I want to be outside, where it is nice and cool, and get at the garden and the weeds in the back lawn, but I have to wait for his confirmation. Oh well, he will call soon I'm sure, but the waiting is beginning to get on my nerves.

DH and DS are off at DS's storage unit, loading more things in and doing some rearranging of what is already there. DS's job search is really picking up and I think before long he will have a few to "choose" from...which is good in this economy.

Scales remained the same as yesterday (164) so I was happy it didn't go up any with two meals out in one day!:p

Hope everyone is doing okay and will keep chugging away at their goals!

My original goal was to get down enough that I could fit into some fancy beaded shells I've had for years, now I just want to be more healthy and also thinner. I know the extra weight is not good for me and I'm determined to lose it. It did feel great the other day to try and see that I fit into some of my nicer clothes and they no longer pulled or were too tight, but I never tried on the beaded tops.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'm dying to get outside and get some gardening done. It is a cool and lovely day here in central Indiana and I'm loving it!!:D

I am giving up all carbs for 30 days and staying with fruits, veggies, and fish.. Been on 3 days and lost 5lbs so far, walking 30 minutes each morning, looking forward to Hawaii in December, and hoping to be close to my goal:)

I am giving up all carbs for 30 days and staying with fruits, veggies, and fish.. Been on 3 days and lost 5lbs so far, walking 30 minutes each morning, looking forward to Hawaii in December, and hoping to be close to my goal:)

That is simply great....five pounds in three days!!;) I've not been eating any bread, pasta, rice or potatoes in like forever, and I sure don't lose weight like you do. That is wonderful news though and I'm happy for you.

I've been stuck at this one number for it seems like ages and just can't seem to go below that mark. I suppose I need to try and do more exercise but with all the yard work I've been doing, it would seem I should've lost something. Eventually I suppose it will drop down but it's sure been a long time coming. Keep up the great work!!!!:):D

Welovetocruisetwo

Insanity is a workout DVD and is called that way, is pretty intense. I had done Insanity months ago and I posted in a thread to someone else that I used to do it but I live in an apartment and the noise in my room bothered my neighbor. So maybe that's what you saw? But the program goes with a calendar, first day is the fit test and then it tells you what other working videos you have to do. So you have a day off which for me since I started today it will be Sunday.

Anyways, today I did the Insanity fit test. I will keep a journal on my computer of everything that I did. I am thinking of also incorporating PX90 but for next month.

Fit Test Day 1

Switch kicks: 60

Power Jacks: 30

Power Knees: 50

Power Jumps:6

Globe Jumps:4

Suicide Jump:5

Push up Jacks:2

Low Plank Oblique:10

Fist Test #2

Switch Kicks: 42

Power Jacks: 32

Power Knees:57

Power Jumps:8

Suicide Jumps:5

Low Plank Oblique:8

Fist Test #2

Switch Kicks: 42

Power Jacks: 32

Power Knees:57

Power Jumps:8

Suicide Jumps:5

Low Plank Oblique:8

That makes me hurt all over just reading what all you did!!:eek:

Well everyone...it sounds like you are all doing great! I weighed and learned that I lost another 1.8lbs. It seems so slow coming off, but I know it didn't go on in one night and I know that this is the healthiest way for me to take it off. Oh well, the tortoise shall win the race, right? LOL :D

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend. We have plans to go to my parents house for the weekend, so it should be fun. Also, it is my Dad's retirement party...so lots of people that I have not seen since I started my weight loss journey. :o

I will talk to you all soon! Keep it all coming off!!!!!

Stats

SW: 207.2

CW: 173

GW: 135