Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

I need some more motivation. I have to get back on track. Last month had a lot going on my grandmother suddenly died who wasnt sick, my boss died who was a great guy and what did I do while emotional, eat, eat eat. I didn't go to my meeting and hadn't been in a month. Last week I started back and guess what I hadn't gained within a month. I was so surprised and happy. I vowed to get back on track this week. Today is Wednesday and I haven't tracked all week. I ate decent all week thus far but not tracking. I need to get more focused. any suggestions

Well another week will soon be drawing to a close. Was out of town yesterday and happy to report even though we ate out for lunch, I did

behave myself. I only ate maybe 1/4 of my meal at Maggianos! Brought the rest home, SO it can be done. We can eat out, we can still be good and we can still stick to our "plan". I'm down about another pound, not a big loss, but a loss none the less. I'd love to be able to drop 2 or 3 pounds at a time like some of you do, but it doesn't happen. We didn't put it all one overnight though, so we are not going to lose it fast either.

Today is day 92 for me and yes, I think I've finally got it through my head that I can eat so much less and still be satisfied and I will make my goal (even though I have no actual figure in my head) and be more healthy. That is what I pray we will all be able to achieve...a more healthy lifestyle.

Have a wonderful day!:)

I need some more motivation. I have to get back on track. Last month had a lot going on my grandmother suddenly died who wasnt sick, my boss died who was a great guy and what did I do while emotional, eat, eat eat. I didn't go to my meeting and hadn't been in a month. Last week I started back and guess what I hadn't gained within a month. I was so surprised and happy. I vowed to get back on track this week. Today is Wednesday and I haven't tracked all week. I ate decent all week thus far but not tracking. I need to get more focused. any suggestions

I am so sorry for the sudden losses in your life right now. Emotionally eating is a big issue for me too. I eat when I get very stressed or if my DH is working long hours and I don't get to see him much. I have been trying to switch the eating for something else though. Like a 10 minute walk instead of that yummy candy bar in the cupboard or if I really need the "food" then I try to only eat fresh vegies or fruit. Hope that helps!

Oh yeah, can't we all relate to this fact?:confused: I know I eat when I am upset or under stress and think most of us do. Right now things are in turmoil in our household with the DS living with us and seeming to feel he has the right to tell us what to do at times. Then I remembered our daughter and her family will be here this weekend so wow! Another stresser for me. I've not dropped any weight recently, but just holding even when things are stressful is also good, in my eyes. I am now on day 98 of this lifestyle change and though I wish I'd lost more, just holding at the weight I am I feel is an accomplishment. I no longer feel it is a diet, but a true life style change. I even allow myself an occasional "sweet" without feeling guilty and I just try not to have more than one or two of whatever it is.

Hang in there everyone and one thing to try and remember if there is a death or some other type stressful thing going on, that is not a good time to worry too much about dieting. Just do what needs to be done and eventually you will find your way back to your healthier eating once more.:)

Well, I weighed in yesterday, I'm up a pound, was better then I thought, I thought I was up 2 lbs, so one is not bad for 2 weeks of being off track.

Started anew today, still would like to lose 10 more pounds by out cruise, but it's only 8 weeks away, so might be doable, but I'll be happy with getting close.

SW 169,

CW 150

GW 135

Well, I weighed in yesterday, I'm up a pound, was better then I thought, I thought I was up 2 lbs, so one is not bad for 2 weeks of being off track.

Started anew today, still would like to lose 10 more pounds by out cruise, but it's only 8 weeks away, so might be doable, but I'll be happy with getting close.

SW 169,

CW 150

GW 135

I think "holding our own" or even bouncing up a bit is just fine. At least we are showing we do know how we need to function in this new lifestyle.

I've done similarly lately...just can't seem to drop any more but I do intend to keep trying. I think it's been two weeks at least since my scales was down any but then I've not been all that good either (meaning I have allowed myself a few tempting foods). So starting anew is a good thing Suzque49. We just need to hang in there and keep trying. I know half my problem is I don't walk or get enough exercise but with the heat and my age I can only do so much. Again I say "just keep on trying" and think positive!:D

I know what you mean Babs, I have been up and down for a few weeks now. At lease staying around the same.

I have arthritis in my spine and am over 60, (feel much younger lol), but the recumbent stationary bike works well, I have been striving for 40 min a day. I know I lose when I exercise, so I'm committed to doing it at LEAST 3 times a week, hopefully more.

I did go shopping again yesterday and picked up a few more things. I am starting to really enjoy shopping and getting smaller sizes. I actually bought a size small tee shirt. the 12 dress fits good, actually might could gotten away with a 10.

I got a bag today and started pulling things out of my closet that are too big, getting rid of all of them feels great too.

I know what you mean Babs, I have been up and down for a few weeks now. At lease staying around the same.

I have arthritis in my spine and am over 60, (feel much younger lol), but the recumbent stationary bike works well, I have been striving for 40 min a day. I know I lose when I exercise, so I'm committed to doing it at LEAST 3 times a week, hopefully more.

I did go shopping again yesterday and picked up a few more things. I am starting to really enjoy shopping and getting smaller sizes. I actually bought a size small tee shirt. the 12 dress fits good, actually might could gotten away with a 10.

I got a bag today and started pulling things out of my closet that are too big, getting rid of all of them feels great too.

I have not gone shopping for anything new yet, but very happy the clothes I have are fitting so much better. Congratulations on the new things! That is marvelous.

Sweetie, I've got you beat in years. I'm 75:eek: Some days I feel 30 and after a hard days work in the yard....which I've been doing quite often lately...I feel 100! LOL! The yard work never seems to get finished, maybe it's because I'm slower. Who knows.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to report that I lost another 2.6 pounds! I am finally not a liar on my drivers license!!! :D

I have started to incorporate a more intense cardio routine. I have started speed walking/jogging. :eek: I speed walk for 1 block and then jog for the next one. It is super intense, but also fun!

Talk to you all soon!!!

Stats:

SW: 207.2

CW: 170.4

GW: 135

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to report that I lost another 2.6 pounds! I am finally not a liar on my drivers license!!! :D

I have started to incorporate a more intense cardio routine. I have started speed walking/jogging. :eek: I speed walk for 1 block and then jog for the next one. It is super intense, but also fun!

Talk to you all soon!!!

Stats:

CW: 170.4

GW: 135

Crystal, you put the rest of us to shame!:o You really do. I never saw anyone so dedicated and I admire you so much for sticking to your guns.

It is just so hot here, that about all I manage to do is a bit of yard work, watering the garden and I'm done in. You really are an inspiration to the rest of us!!!! Keep up the good work and soon you will be weighing 135 lbs before you know it!;)

p.s. I finally managed to get a picture in the avatar spot...so now you all can see who you are talking with. I'm an old gal who thinks she is still young! Well young at heart anyway! Hugs to everyone!!!

Haven't posted for awhile, well I started my "healthly eating" on June 20th, and I am down 15lbs, still have a long way to go, but my hope is to lose an additional 50lbs by December for our Hawaii cruise. We leave in a week for a 10 day motorcycle trip to San Francisco and up the coast. This will be the real challange. Eating out for every meal, going to try and stick to salads and grilled chicken or fish.. wish me luck:rolleyes:

SW 235

TODAY 220

Jeannie

Haven't posted for awhile, well I started my "healthly eating" on June 20th, and I am down 15lbs, still have a long way to go, but my hope is to lose an additional 50lbs by December for our Hawaii cruise. We leave in a week for a 10 day motorcycle trip to San Francisco and up the coast. This will be the real challange. Eating out for every meal, going to try and stick to salads and grilled chicken or fish.. wish me luck:rolleyes:

SW 235

TODAY 220

Jeannie

Jeannie, that is great to have lost 15 lbs in such a short time. Keep up the good work!;) I'm sitting here munching on something I shouldn't so you caught me. It's so hot here, I'm just about to melt. Only go out when I have to and just came in from watering the garden a little.

Eating out is really difficult, but even if you order "regular food", I try to just eat part of it. You know sometimes you are caught in that certain place where the food is just not going to be on your diet menu. I order what I think is the least bad for me, then only eat between a third and half of it and bring the rest home. Works for another meal then and I can still feel like I'm eating like the other people in the restaurant and at your table.

Keep going Jeannie, you are doing just fine!!!:)

Well I'm down my ususal pound this week, up one, down one. At least I pretty much maintaining. LOL

My weight is crazy too Suzque49! I finally figured out most of my problem.:confused: Lots of additional stress with someone else in the house (our son moved here from California a while back) and Dr. Oz talked about stress being a leading cause of not being able to lose weight. I've got lots of stress to begin with because of my cancer and then add to the mix having a 42 year old who has decided I don't know anything. I'm not going into all that has gone on but he's very bossy with me and I now realize why my weight is not moving. On Dr. Oz today he had a man on who says "meditation" is good to help reduce stress so I plan to start doing that. I did it while the show was on and it did seem to help. This was right after a little blow up (well not such a little one actually) and I didn't run and get something bad to eat...which is what I would've done previously. So not too long now and our DS will be moving into his own place as he's found a job and that should reduce a lot of my stress. I do not binge, never have, but when I feel sad or mad or down and out my normal tendency would be to grab something sweet to eat. Today I didn't so I know that's good.:D

Hang in there Suzque49, we can make it and yes, even though we are up a pound one day, down another...we can do it!!!! I'm determined and I know a lot of you are as well...so we just have to hang in there and in the end, the weight will come off. :) I know now, it's not about not eating certain things as much as allowing myself once in a while to have something I want. As long as I still am careful and my whole attitude about food is different. Tonight for instance at dinner, I realized I was full so I left some food on my plate. (A plate that was small to begin with and not very much food on it either.) I can throw it down the disposal and not feel guilty that I didn't finish my plate. I did put the chicken back in the refrigerator and it will be fine for lunch tomorrow.;)

We will make it girls!!!! Just keep on trying!!!!

Hello everybody, today is Wednesday and day 105 of my lifestyle change. I am refusing to say diet anymore as I do feel I've just completely changed my outlook about food. The tv show yesterday about losing weight, stress, etc. was an eye opener to me. I couldn't figure out why I've just stayed stuck at this one number on the scales. I know it's not about the number really, but about changing how we look at food. Anyhow to recap a bit this is my new plan of attack. I'm going to take at least two, maybe even three, times a day for "meditation"; just a quiet time for "me"! I've not done it yet today and I think I even forgot to weigh myself this morning (thats a change to begin with), but as soon as I get off the computer, I'm heading to my bedroom, sitting down and doing my meditation. I think it will really help me and I will keep you posted on if I do any better on the "weight loss part" of my lifestyle change. Just a few minutes of quiet thoughts, relieving one's mind of all concerns and worries.:cool:

Have a wonderful Wednesday, stay cool and enjoy life. We only go round once and we should try to find some joy in each day. Learned of the death of a longtime friend yesterday, which also made me stop for a minute and think "we all need to slow down and enjoy each moment". Hang in there, continued success with your "plan" and dance like no one is watching! (I love that phrase.) Bye for now. ;)

Well gang I am sorry, I just looked back and I have somehow lost a day!:confused::( Yesterday when I posted I typed that it was Wednesday and it was Thursday. I finally figured out how I lost that day. DH and DS went to the 4H fair on Wednesday so my whole schedule and what I usually do was off! I never wrote in my journal the whole day long (see what happens when you get some "free time"?) So yesterday here I go writing in and thinking it was the day before; I knew it was Thursday as that was the day DS was driving to Atlanta for a 5K run he's participating in on Saturday, but still I typed Wednesday. So where I typed Wednesday it should've read Thursday and I was at day 106 not 105. Oh boy, does the word stress not fit right in here? Yep. Well anyhow I did meditate three times yesterday and I know if for no other reason than just having quiet time, it will be good for me. We women have a problem taking time for ourselves and I'm at the top of that list. Likewise I think when I try to diet I've allowed myself to fall off the wagon simply because of the agenda of others but no more. This time I mean business and this time it is going to be a very successful happening. :D

Sorry for my boo-boo, it took me a while to determine how I lost that day but I figured it out. Hang in there everyone. Keep up the good work and hey a small confession here as well. I've been craving a peanut butter pie, so yesterday I made one. It was okay but didn't taste like I remembered (does this strike a note here?). DH said it was wonderful and tasted just like he remembered but now that craving is over and done with and I won't think anymore about wanting it. I will give most of the pie to neighbors so it isn't sitting here and even slightly tempting me. We can do this girls!!!;)

Today is Sunday (yes, it actually is :p) and day #109 of my lifestyle change!:) I've lost two pounds!!! Those silly scales just bounced up and down and up and down and finally today stopped at a two pound loss. It's been days and days since there was a change and so I am very happy today. It is grey, overcast and hot as Heck! We need rain so badly but doesn't look like we will get any. The tomatoes are doing great and it shouldn't be long before we can eat homegrown ones! Yeah, I can't wait.

DS got a job (he moved here to Indiana to be near us and gave up a great job in California) so we've all been hoping and praying this would happen. He's in Atlanta visiting a friend and yesterday he ran in a 5K race; he's okay and didn't get heat stroke, which of course I worried about. His job is not here in our town, but only about 50 miles away so he will still be a lot closer than when he lived in LA.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, keep up the good work and if we hang in there and keep doing what we know we need to do, the weight does eventually go away. Hugs to all.:)

Hello out there! Anyone there???:confused: I just checked back and it seems I'm the only one posting, so if someone else doesn't get on here this will be my final post. If there is no desire to interact with each other, I'm just typing message to myself and there is no sense in that.

So come on girls, are we going to do this or not?:confused: Hope you are all having a good life!!!

Wow, simple things are so amazing. I was looking at things to take with us on our cruise. The last cruise we were on was in Oct '10.

I was deciding between my cross body bag and the "belly bag" I took last time.

When I hooked the belly bag on it was so loose it could easily slip off over my hips!!!

I'm happy ;-)

Wow, simple things are so amazing. I was looking at things to take with us on our cruise. The last cruise we were on was in Oct '10.

I was deciding between my cross body bag and the "belly bag" I took last time.

When I hooked the belly bag on it was so loose it could easily slip off over my hips!!!

I'm happy ;-)

You should be happy! That is great Suzque49!!;)

I am still here!!! I have just been dealing with a lot of things right now, sorry.

I have been up and down with my weight over the last couple of weeks. I think it might be some of the stress that is around me right now. I have only lost .2 pounds since I lasted posted on here. I was up 1.8 for the longest time, but this morning was relieved to see that I had lost that and another .2lbs. So here is to hoping that I will now continue to lose here on out!

Keep it up Babs!!! Even if I cannot get on here as much as possible; please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! That goes for all of you too!:D

I will work on checking in here more often...I PROMISE!!!

~Crystal

Stats

CW: 170.2

GW: ?????

I am still here!!! I have just been dealing with a lot of things right now, sorry.

I have been up and down with my weight over the last couple of weeks. I think it might be some of the stress that is around me right now. I have only lost .2 pounds since I lasted posted on here. I was up 1.8 for the longest time, but this morning was relieved to see that I had lost that and another .2lbs. So here is to hoping that I will now continue to lose here on out!

Keep it up Babs!!! Even if I cannot get on here as much as possible; please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! That goes for all of you too!:D

I will work on checking in here more often...I PROMISE!!!

~Crystal

Stats

CW: 170.2

GW: ?????

Crystal, are you alright? Was getting worried no one was posting but me.

My weight has not been going downward, as I wanted. Guess too many meals out and too many temptations so today I tried really hard to behave. My first cruise this fall is in October, so if I'm going to drop any more sticks of butter, I've got to get crackin' and soon!

Please keep checking in so we all know you are okay. This goes for everyone. Please!:)

well I lost another pound this week

my home scale weight is

147, only 12 lbs to go.

Good job Suzque49!!! You are doing just great! I keep hoping my scales will be down, but lately it's either going up or is just stuck on one figure.

I try to keep positive but sometimes it is hard.:mad:

Archived