Conquest review 10/17/10, Pics included

Meyer2

I'm up to date and ready for more!!!!

you are doing a magnificent job!! I am so loving the photos!!!

You know the pier shopping in Jamaica is good shopping and prices. I have compared the liquor store prices in the past to downtown shopping and have found the pier store to be less!!! AND, I love the free beads from the one gift store. I always have to buy something there -- but it isn't hard to find a souvenir or something!!!

In Georgetown, Caymans... I love the tender ride. And the ride back from port usually has stories on people's faces!!! hee hee hee!!! Either they are loving what they bought, or still remembering what they drank, or pooped from their excursion... WHATEVER... but it is a great time to people watch!!!

I can't wait for more!!!

Keep the pictures and review coming! We sailed the Conquest 2/04, and have early booked our whole family for 1/12. Can't wait to do it over again! Your pictures and review are awesome...

We did that cruise date this year!!! Mom's 85th birthday!!!

Great time to cruise! For prices and the weather!!! Leaving Galveston was WINDY and COOL... but it just gave me more to anticipate for the Caribbean!!!

Keep the pictures and review coming! We sailed the Conquest 2/04, and have early booked our whole family for 1/12. Can't wait to do it over again! Your pictures and review are awesome...

Great review, love your pictures.

Doug

I'm in FAST FORWARD ketchup right now...

GREAT REVEIW!!!

GREAT PHOTOS!!!!

Lovin' this!!!!!

Thank-you all very much!

Cute turtles!

You are doing a great job. Totally enjoying it. Great photos.

:D

Thank-you!

The baby turtles are just too cute!!!:)

I thought the baby turtles were so cute too! Think they were my fave, LOL!

I'm up to date and ready for more!!!!

you are doing a magnificent job!! I am so loving the photos!!!

You know the pier shopping in Jamaica is good shopping and prices. I have compared the liquor store prices in the past to downtown shopping and have found the pier store to be less!!! AND, I love the free beads from the one gift store. I always have to buy something there -- but it isn't hard to find a souvenir or something!!!

In Georgetown, Caymans... I love the tender ride. And the ride back from port usually has stories on people's faces!!! hee hee hee!!! Either they are loving what they bought, or still remembering what they drank, or pooped from their excursion... WHATEVER... but it is a great time to people watch!!!

I can't wait for more!!!

Yes, we thought the prices there at the stores in port in Jamaica were just fine. And I did get one of the bead necklaces! Nice touch. :) LOL about the tender ride, I agree!!

We leave a week from tomorrow and today is time for some serious packing. Your review has put me in the right frame of mind to get excited and tackle this project!

Can I stow away in yoru suitcase??? ;) We miss it, you will love it!! We loved the Conquest!

Few more from the turtle farm.

Our guide, I wish I could remember his name, he was great, but I can't & I didn't write it down in my journal.

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

There were chickens everywhere in GC. LOL

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

Felt like the turtles were waving at us.

DSC_0465.jpg

Iquana pics. If you look close in the 1st one, you can see 2.

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

These baby turtles were 5 days old I believe.

DSC_0484.jpg

Next stop, Tortuga Rum Cake Factory. This was nice, but a little different than what DH & I were expecting. The store was not very big & it was packed full. Kind of hard to really look around, maybe just the time of day we were there. We didn't end up sampling anything, so I can't answer on that. We did buy a small rum cake to bring back to my parents as a gift. After looking around as much as we could, we went out back & it's a georgous view. We could see the rain off in the distance, heading our way & then within 10 minutes it was POURING for about 15 minutes. Luckily, we were back in the tour bus, so none of us got soaked. We did bring an umbrella in our backpack, just in case.

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

Next stop on the tour, Hell, LOL. It was still raining some at this point, but not bad. We were in the shop for a little bit, paid & went to fill out the post cards quickly that DH wanted to mail out. We then realized that the part of Hell to see, the rocks, were behind the building, we started to venture over there & DH found out we were the only ones not on the tour bus, they were all waiting on us. We were kind of bummed, I mean, the tour guide didn't say anything & part of the point of this part of the tour is to see the rocks area right? Anyways, we get on the bus & we had said something to some of the others we had been talking too & no one knew about needing to walk around back. The driver gets in & drives us around to the back, but didn't let us all unload, so my pictures aren't much, LOL. All in all though, no biggie.

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

On the way back to the port, which we arrived back at about a few minutes after 11:00. We then just walked around for a little while until we were ready for lunch & then headed back to the ship. We had no problem getting on a tender & getting back.

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

The night before we had put out our room service card so we could eat a little something & watch us come into port.

DSC_0268.jpg

Hey Kristin! been reading your review with great interest and looking at all the pictures with my little eye for detail!

Great job! I note here that someone is being really good, drinking fat free milk... and in an earlier photo, I noted that your DH must not like broccoli or ...really love it because it wound up on the bread plate. Is he kin to Bush senior who also hates the stuff?

I am really enjoying reading the details too... animal towels make me happy too! I had a hard time this week at work and was not able to keep up with your writing after work as I would have liked.

We did the same excursion in GC several years ago. The Rum Cake Factory was super busy for us too... We went to look at "Hell" first & then went inside & we told we needed to get back on the bus so we didn't have time to do the postcards. BIL & SIL actually took a city bus for $3pp then just had to wait for the next bus, not rushed at all.

As for the skim milk... I drink skim mild & choc milk, my joke is the skim milk justifies the chocolate! :D

We are in the process of booking our 4th cruise on the Conquest. Prices sure are a lot higher in July than October!:eek: Only time DD & her fiance can go...

We heard the noise on one of our previous cruises, never figured out what it was (we were in interior on Main deck) whatever it was, woke me everytime. We have been on 10th deck the last 2 times & it is soooo quiet.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Hey Kristin! been reading your review with great interest and looking at all the pictures with my little eye for detail!

Great job! I note here that someone is being really good, drinking fat free milk... and in an earlier photo, I noted that your DH must not like broccoli or ...really love it because it wound up on the bread plate. Is he kin to Bush senior who also hates the stuff?

I am really enjoying reading the details too... animal towels make me happy too! I had a hard time this week at work and was not able to keep up with your writing after work as I would have liked.

LOL, nope, actually, neither of us do broccoli. :) And thank-you!

We absolutely love, love, love the Tortuga Rum cakes!!!!:D

Mmmm

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job. Glad you enjoyed your first cruise and I see you already have the MAGIC booked. Thanks for the enjoyable pics. :p

Aww, thanks so much! Yep, already booked for cruise #2! Sure wish we could squeeze one inbetween, but can't. LOL!

This is a Great! trip report. The best I have seen and read so far! Good Work!:D

Aww, thanks, I appreciate it!

Great review.

Your pictures of Jamaica and Grand Cayman reminded us what we saw last year and missed this year.

Oh man, sorry G.! :)

We did the same excursion in GC several years ago. The Rum Cake Factory was super busy for us too... We went to look at "Hell" first & then went inside & we told we needed to get back on the bus so we didn't have time to do the postcards. BIL & SIL actually took a city bus for $3pp then just had to wait for the next bus, not rushed at all.

As for the skim milk... I drink skim mild & choc milk, my joke is the skim milk justifies the chocolate! :D

We are in the process of booking our 4th cruise on the Conquest. Prices sure are a lot higher in July than October!:eek: Only time DD & her fiance can go...

We heard the noise on one of our previous cruises, never figured out what it was (we were in interior on Main deck) whatever it was, woke me everytime. We have been on 10th deck the last 2 times & it is soooo quiet.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thank-you!

Archived