Anyone Booked with Herod's Tours

Luckyroot

I received an email from Herod today and he asked me to post this on CC:

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for the prayers and your blessings for St. Lucia. We just got power in Soufriere (my home town) this morning and internet will be down for at least another week. I am in Vieux Fort right now at an internet cafe. I'm alright and helping persons with their recovery efforts. My town is completely devastated. The roads to the city (Castries) are completely blocked and some parts washed away. Hoping that it will be partially opened for my tours next week. The cruise stops were all cancelled by the authorities this week. People are desperate for drinking water and clothing for those who loose their homes.

Could you place a note on cruise critic on my behalf informing persons who have e-mailed me regarding tours that I will be able to reply at least 2 days after they send their mails due to the internet problem from the disaster.

I'm happy that you'll had a wonderful time and hope to see you again one day. Thank you.

Herod

So for those of you planning to tour with Herod in the coming days, be patient. It will be worth the wait!

We were just on a tour with Herod last week. It was the very best part of our entire cruise, so please be patient and book him. He is a wonderful young man! In addition to the tour, we enjoyed "Momma's Rum Punch", beer, soda and water on his tour. The highlight was going to his family home for lunch. Momma is a great cook! He is a treasure for sure!

• 3 months later...

Hi

We are interested in finding out more about Herod's Island Tour but cannot find his website or an email. We are visiting St Lucia on 8 Mar 11 so would really like to find out more about the tour. The cruise prices have increased to £66 per person and I understand Herod's trips are great value.

Lynda and Terry

http://herodstours.com/

Just went on his tour last week and he did a great job. We put together a group from our cruisecritic roll call (he requires at least 12-15 I think).

Very enjoyable. We did the land/sea tour and stopped at the banana plantation/volcano, had a great meal on his parents patio cooked by his mother overlooking the pitons and ended with a stop at Jalousie beach where the snorkeling was great. Very well done.

I did Cosol last year and also enjoyed him in case you don't get enough together for Herod to take your group. While the personal meal was great I found the tours very similar both were great.

The price I think is $80 (dollars) now

Archived