Cruise Critic Community
LFL

2011 World - Roll Call?

Hello. Is there a sign up list for those who are doing the entire 2011 World Cruise instead of by segments?

Thank you

Lenora, we maintain a future booking listing. It is a sticky at the top of the page. The cruises are listed by ship and chronologically. The entire WC cruisers are listed as are the segment WC cruisers.

We also have a thread that takes you to the various itineraries roll calls. I believe that the segments of the WC are listed as roll calls but not the entire one. Since you have listed this as a full WC roll call, I have left a message for Roy to ask if he will add the entire WC as a roll call.

Have you registered for the meet and mingle parties? They are by segment. The links are above the "new thread" button.

If you are new to Crystal, please go to the share the experience sticky and read about that program. It would be for your first Crystal Cruise, not the entire WC.

Edited by Judith02

Lenore, I hope I'm not putting my food in my mouth here since I may have a vested interest in this.

The easy part, as to my role. I do not generally start roll calls (unless I am actually on a cruise). When a person who is actually booked on a cruise starts a roll call, I will add it to the index. If you decide to do so just start a new thread with a title like "Roll Call 1302F - Full world cruise" and I will add it to the index on my next update.

I'm relatively new to Cruise Critic, having joined after the 2009 World Cruise, so my only experience in following them is for 2010. At that time, I never saw a single roll call for the full world cruise, only the individual segments. I know in Keith's account and perhaps some other places I saw controversy about the relationship between the full world cruisers and the segmenters. I will rely on the opinions of people with more experience than me on whether a separate roll call is beneficial or reinforces the "us vs them" issue, but there is nothing inappropriate with setting one up.

As I say, I apologize if I'm putting my foot in my mouth here.

Roy