Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mavie

any supermarkets walking distance from intercontinental papeete

Does anyone know if one can walk to a local supermarket frim the intercontinental papeete as I hear their breakfasts are exorbitant!

Does anyone know if one can walk to a local supermarket frim the intercontinental papeete as I hear their breakfasts are exorbitant!

About a mile walk is one of the only grocery stores. Yes, meals are expensive. About $30.00 each for breakfest.

Hi

There is a large Carrefour about 15-20 minutes walk - easy to do - we bought juice and french pastries and coffee for about $6.00 for two people - definately cheaper than the restaurant and you could also pick up some lunch stuff and eat dinner out

Also, the walk helps to burn off some of those extra calories.

The supermarket "Champions" is about a 15-20 minutes walk to the left as you come out of the driveway leading to the hotel. We stocked up on breakfast stuff and snacks, much cheaper than the hotel for sure. Thank God for familiar pictures on some of the items, that way we knew what we were getting because we didn't read French. (i.e. Laughing Cow and Pringles) We did learn that Dinde means turkey. The Hinano beer is cheaper there too.

I assume your renting a car....take the main road out of the airport..it turns to the left, however stay in the right hand lane. Make a right turn onto the main highway. Stay on that for approx. 2 km going straight through the roundabout. The hotel is on a curve to the right just at the top of a small hill. You can't miss it. You will pass "Champions" market on the left just passed the roundabout. Have a wonderful time, we sure enjoyed out stayed there.