Help w/ insuremytrip.com

dcherry

Trying to purchase travel insurance for my family. How do I make sure I have coverage if someone is too sick to travel? Does that generally come under trip cancellation? I'm thinking flu season is here and that might put a real stop to travel plans if it occurs.

Trying to purchase travel insurance for my family. How do I make sure I have coverage if someone is too sick to travel? Does that generally come under trip cancellation? I'm thinking flu season is here and that might put a real stop to travel plans if it occurs.
We used the insurance twice due to unexpected illness. Most policies must be purchased within 14 days of booking to waive previous conditions. We just needed a Dr's signature concerning the illness.

Simply read the inclusions of the policy, they will detail what is covered and what is not.:confused:

That is the trouble for most people they just take out "an insurance" without reading exactly what they are insured for. That is fine until you need to make a claim. :eek:

Coverage for illness (or death) of the insured or insured's immediate family member causing the insured to have to cancel is standard on travel insurance polices. However, you would have to be under a doctor's care as a physician must sign papers that attest the insured was unable to travel due to medical problems. We have used this twice for my MIL's health problems. We had to stay at home because she was in the intensive care unit both times.

Archived