Eclipse transatlantic review posted

excitedofharpenden

I did a short review of my recent trip on Eclipse which can be found here:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=75310&sr=us

I also took some photos of the S2 cabin and these are in the picture link in my signature.

Notwithstanding the cabin noise that I mentioned it was a really enjoyable trip on a beautiful ship. I've had to cancel next year's Solstice TA because the longer Med season now planned means it leaves five weeks later and that is just a bit too late for me. I'm going to go through transatlantic withdrawal in 2011!

Phil

Nice review Phil. We had issue with noise above the Royal Suite on Eclipse, it really is quite an issue in the premuim cabins which is disappointing

Thanks Ann. Sorry to hear you also had issues in the RS. I am usually careful to look what is overhead and judge accordingly. I took a flyer this time and got burnt. The noise had the potential to spoil the trip, coming as it did the day before six days at sea. I just refused to let it get to me and slept with my iPod playing in my ear all night!

Hope you are staying warm and safe up in Scotland.

Phil

... you and Ann have to mention the noise from above! The only thing we thought could improve the M-class Royal Suite was its position. If only it was mid-ships like the Celebrity Suites. We had started to think that the solution may be the S-class ships and then you mention the noise problems. Then, of course, they are adding the balconies to the M-class Celebrity Suites ... If only these were the worst problems in life.

Thanks for the review, Phil. It brought back memories of the Tuscan Grille on Constellation where the lights swayed like your atrium tree and we could watch the seating that definitely did have to be tied down. On one particularily rough night it was quite an entertainment. And, of course, we all understand that craving for a simple sandwich as the cruise draws to an end.

Sorry you are missing your 2011 TA.

Sue, I think you just have to be careful of what's above on the S-Class ships. The Penthouse Deck RSs may have the issue of the pool deck above, but those a deck down will be under cabins. Likewise all the CSs look to be under cabins, but some of the S2s under the buffet are not in a good spot. Such a shame because they are lovely cabins and I'd book one again if it weren't for the "thunder" and general noise. I think it was exacerbated by the fact they were cleaning and readying the ship for its first US inspection when we got to Miami.

As for cancelling Solstice it's a good excuse to do a land trip to Hawaii instead;)

Phil

Thanks for your review Phil.

We are so looking forward to finally doing a Transatlantic cruise next May on the Solstice. After missing the Equinox TA last April due to the ash cloud and the previous Equinox TA from Rome as we changed to the Christmas cruise, finally hope it will be 3rd time lucky!!!

:)

Lisa

Hi Phil, nice review. Marilynn and I had a great time on this cruise with you and all our other friends (old & new). We enjoyed your company on our afternoon "Boddington Break" at the aft bar. Thanks for introducing me to Boddington. And what location does for the noise in those S2 cabins on Resort Deck. While you were having a terrible time we ( cabin 2121) were only slightly aware of the noise from the plate carts in the buffet. The luck of location!! My take on this deck, don't be any further aft than 2125 in the S2.

Archived