The Radiance in Pictures - A Pictoral Review

Aquahound

The Sea View Cafe is probably one of the biggest secrets right now. It is upstairs from the outside portion of the Windjammer, just aft of the kid's pool area. They make great sandwiches and food baskets....and it's free. The only thing I noticed was they kept odd hours. I walked up there one day at lunch and they did not open until 2. I just wish it would stay open similar to Johnny Rockets hours on other ships.

If you are poolside and want a quick snack, just dip in to the Solarium, starboard side where they serve hot dogs, pizza, wraps, and cookies.

Was it a port day when it opened at 2? Sea Days is usually noon to 6:30 and on port days it's 2 until 6:30.

Thanks for the review. I am going to use the pictures to convince my mom to move our Mother's Day cruise up a few weeks in order to catch the Radiance before she leaves Tampa and loses the Seaview.

She wants to go on some newer ships, but I think she would love the Radiance. I know I loved the Jewel so this would be nearly the same for me.

Paul, there are some reviews that stand out among the rest. Yours are exceptional. Do you have a pictoral review of the Majesty? We sailed on her in 1995 and could not get over her beauty and "vastness". At that time it was our first ship with a centrum. Wow! I hope she kept her elegance and beauty. I know it's small compared to today's mega ships and would love to take a trip down memory lane.

Smooth sails to you.

Paul, there are some reviews that stand out among the rest. Yours are exceptional. Do you have a pictoral review of the Majesty? We sailed on her in 1995 and could not get over her beauty and "vastness". At that time it was our first ship with a centrum. Wow! I hope she kept her elegance and beauty. I know it's small compared to today's mega ships and would love to take a trip down memory lane.

Smooth sails to you.

Hi Bonnie. Thank you very much. No, I did not do one of the Majesty, but you are welcome to browse my photos.

This is from August, 2010:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578445271JEkMZM

And this is from June, 2010:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578035097aHdzQN

Hi Bonnie. Thank you very much. No, I did not do one of the Majesty, but you are welcome to browse my photos.

This is from August, 2010:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578445271JEkMZM

And this is from June, 2010:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578035097aHdzQN

Paul, thanks so much! Loved all the pictures. Hard to believe it's the same ship. At that time there was no rock wall, no Compass Deli, no Johnny Rockets. Not sure but I seem to remember that the WJ was 2 decks. We shared a cab back to the airport and as we pulled away there was silence in the cab until someone said with a sigh.. "she's quite a ship". I said the same about the Rhasody and hope to say the same about the Voyager. I'm slowly working up the "class of ships" ladder :D

Sorry for going off topic :eek: Any more Radiance pictures?

Thank you for your pictorial review-as they say a picture is worth a thousand words! It builds my excitement for our upcoming Radiance cruise! Did you ever get a chance to go by the Schooner Bar in the evening? How was the piano player? Was he engaging, did he draw a good crowd? Thanks for your insight.

Did you ever get a chance to go by the Schooner Bar in the evening? How was the piano player? Was he engaging, did he draw a good crowd? Thanks for your insight.

The Schooner Bar was my nightly hang out. The piano player was very engaging and got people singing along. One night, he did Elvis, and on another, he did Elton John. He was very energetic.

I know the bar servers move around, but we had two great bartenders. Their names were Steve Bennett and Antonio.

Here are a couple more shots of the Radiance Schooner Bar. This is the entrance:

2905371520080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Inside:

2284975780080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Paul, thank you VERY much for your review(s)! I just finished Oasis (sailing in July 2012 for my ds 8th grade and my dds HS graduations) and when I saw Radiance I was SO happy!

You did a wonderful job!

My dh and I are sailing on Radiance January 13 for our 20th anniversary (although it really was in Sept) without the kids! So looking forward to just being the two of us.

Did you go in the hot tubs at all? I recall on some sailings of RCCL ships that sometimes the hot tubs aren't so...hot. Were you able to adjust the temp? Hope so!

BTW, 12 layers of t-shirts won't be able to help you for keeping warm up north!! I'm in NY and unless you have a very warm winter coat, hat, gloves and boots, you are SOL :)

Thanks so much again for both of your reviews, I LOVED both!

We won't be Diamond until after our Oasis cruise and so wish I had one more RCCL in between so we could board Oasis as Diamond. My dh and I would most certainly use the CL. But, in 2011, we are sailing DCL, with my mom, my sister and her family using our DVC points!! Good problem to have, I guess :)

Happy Holidays to all and Happy New Year!

JS - Happy Holidays to you also! :)

The hot tubs were hot. I did not go in, but DW did and I did put my hand in. They were quite toasty. If they aren't, I do not believe you are able to adjust the temp. All you can do is turn the bubbles back on when they time out.

Yea, I know about the cold. I actually just bought some cold weather shirts and a coat on-line yesterday. I did grow up in Ohio, so while I've been away 13 years now, I do still remember the coldness. Brrrr.

Enjoy the Radiance. She is a great ship. And Enjoy the Oasis in '12! :)

What wonderful pictures! Seeing them got us even more excited. We are watching the temperature here in Dunedin Florida (Tampa area) plummet and looking forward to our cruise on Radiance in March. Apologies to those in the snow as it doesn't compare but 48 degrees for a high tomorow is VERY cold in Fla..i'l take some chese with my wine now...lol.

Thanks for the wonderful pics and excellent review.........this is only getting me even more excited for my cruise in February.

I may be wrong but from all the pics of all the ships I have seen, the Radiance class appears the most "elegant" of all. What lovely ships!

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful pics and excellent review.........this is only getting me even more excited for my cruise in February.

I may be wrong but from all the pics of all the ships I have seen, the Radiance class appears the most "elegant" of all. What lovely ships!

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

How funny, because, I was thinking the very same exact thing. The Radiance does have alot of understated elegant touches; lots of warm woods, deep colors, lots of sea views, etc. I really would love the chance to take a cruise on her for sure. Enjoy your cruise in February.

Thanks for the review and the pictures! The next 17 days cannot pass quickly enough till it's our turn:)

Where in Ohio did you grow up? We are going to get hammered with snow pretty soon, all the more reason to look forward to the cruise.

Aquahound, Thanks for your quick response relative to the piano player. Excited to hear that, as we end up in the Schooner Bar every night as well.

We usually end up in the Schooner bar too. In looking at the pictures, the Schooner bar on Radiance looks much larger than on Voyager class ships. Is this correct? We sailed Serenade out of PR a few years ago and don't remember.

Thanks!

We usually end up in the Schooner bar too. In looking at the pictures, the Schooner bar on Radiance looks much larger than on Voyager class ships. Is this correct? We sailed Serenade out of PR a few years ago and don't remember.

Yes, it is. The Schooner Bar on Radiance Class is considerably bigger and, other than access to the Colony Club, is a bit less of a traffic area.

Archived