Things to Do - My Review

niknik

I'm reallly looking forward to our day with Daniel..ok.. I'm trying to rent a car to get out to tulum. Which location of executive do I need to select? they have 6 locations and two appear to be ports.. (puerto morelos, and puerto aventuras) are either of these near the dock where Carnival docks?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this information. I too just emailed Edventure Tours and hope to hear from them soon. Does anyone know if there is a certain # of people that you are required to have in your group to get this tour? Or if they will do it for just 2 people as well? Also how long does it take to get to where they are located from the Calica port? (Sorry for all of the questions but we are first timers..and have tons of questions)

Crunchy Mountain Mama,

Just wondering if you heard anything from Edventure Tours after you emailed them. I emailed them yesterday and I haven't heard anything yet. Of course I know they are probably busy. I guess I am a little anxious since we are leaving Jan. 23rd. We will arrive at the Calica port on the 25th. Their tours sound great and we are hoping to be able to book something with them.

Thanks so much for this information. I too just emailed Edventure Tours and hope to hear from them soon. Does anyone know if there is a certain # of people that you are required to have in your group to get this tour? Or if they will do it for just 2 people as well? Also how long does it take to get to where they are located from the Calica port? (Sorry for all of the questions but we are first timers..and have tons of questions)

Hi, we too will be interested in information about to do's in CALICA as we will be in port on April 23rd, our 30th wedding anniversary. Have also emailed edventure tours. Will be looking for your post on any information about this, I will post any that I get as well. We stayed at the XPUHA ECO resort about 3 years ago and just loved it, very big place with lots to do inside the resort, your rooms are little huts. Also did the Tulum and excursion to (Xelha) and I would recommend it to anyone who has not been yet. We are looking to experience something new and hope to hear from the edventure tours soon. Not interested in a drawn out bus ride from CALICA to any far away excursion because of the limited time we will be in port so we hope to hear about something fairly close and convienent.

Still haven't heard from Edventure Tours. I guess I am going to call them tomorrow. I sure hope they are still in business. Sounds like a fun time with them!

Hey, I tried the website again.....some of the links are not working but when I clicked on the guest book I found the correct email..........here it is

For anyone trying to reach Edventure Tours or Daniel, the email on this website isnt' working right now. Please use this email, edventure68@hotmail.com. This is per Bonnie, who is Danny's sister in law. You can also call them ... from the USA dial this: 011 52 984 871 2209.

They are worth the extra effort!!!

Finally heard from Bonnie. YEAH!!!! We will be doing their tour in a couple of weeks. I am so excited that I finally heard something. She did say their email on their website is not working right and their web page designer is no longer with them. Now one more question for you that might know. I have seen several post of how far Tulum is from the Calica port. One said 45 min. one said 20 min. How far is it really? Would it be cheaper and better to rent a jeep or car or take a taxi? I told Bonnie we would get the transportation to them from the port. So once again, I need some help from all of you. :) Thanks again everyone for all of your help. We would be "lost tourist" without you!!

Cathy

Cacky, sorry I haven't checked back here in a while! Glad you got through to Bonnie. They emailed me back right away. I haven't booked a tour yet as I am worried that our itinerary may change again before our cruise. I am hoping it doesn't change as this tour sounds awesome!

If we do go we will be renting a jeep from enterprrise.

Crunchy Mountain Mama,

We did book with Edventure for Jan. 25th. We are very excited. Sounds like so much fun. Bonnie did say she was slow to respond to my email b/c of computer problems. But that's ok, as long as we got together. I will certainly let you know how it worked out. We are also renting a jeep. We will be flying to Miami a week from today!!! Yeah!! lol Can you tell I am excited? :)

We came back from Calica last week and did the edventure tour with Eddie. There were 8 of us, and Eddie picked us up right at the ship with a van. He took us to Tulum (even gave us pesos to pay for the tickets) and then went to pick up soda and beer while we saw the ruins. After that we went to Dos Ojos to snorkle in the underground caverns. It was great and my kids still talk about it. Later we went to a lagoon to snorkle--completely different than the caverns and then on to a little restaurant on the beach for some food and drinks. Eddie was wonderful. He answered all my kids questions and told them all about the area. The tour cost $45 per person, and we paid $100 for the van (which was more than worth it to us to be picked up right at the ship) and we were gone for 7 hours! We had the best time--by far the best excursion we have ever done! I would highly reccommend edventures to anyone

THANKS for posting this! After reading this and others about edventure tours we too have booked an April 22nd edventure. Going to do the same except for Tulum, unless that includes snorkle on the reef below. We did the Tulum 3 years ago. Can you say if the reef below is a good place to snorkle?, if you did that is. We are going to do the Cenote Cave Snorkling and the lagoon but were not interested in seeing the Ruins again although they were great to see but too hot! Any other tips would be appreciated. It will by my husband and myself unless we get others going on Carnivals Imagination April 20th cruise to sign up.

quote=scoobysnack]We came back from Calica last week and did the edventure tour with Eddie. There were 8 of us, and Eddie picked us up right at the ship with a van. He took us to Tulum (even gave us pesos to pay for the tickets) and then went to pick up soda and beer while we saw the ruins. After that we went to Dos Ojos to snorkle in the underground caverns. It was great and my kids still talk about it. Later we went to a lagoon to snorkle--completely different than the caverns and then on to a little restaurant on the beach for some food and drinks. Eddie was wonderful. He answered all my kids questions and told them all about the area. The tour cost $45 per person, and we paid $100 for the van (which was more than worth it to us to be picked up right at the ship) and we were gone for 7 hours! We had the best time--by far the best excursion we have ever done! I would highly reccommend edventures to anyone

Thanks!, if you remember tell Bonnie we said hi! Tell them we are the couple who recycle computers from Indiana.......celebrating their 29th wedding anniversary this coming April. Bonnie said she was from Indiana originally. Have a great time! Will be waiting for your reply over the next few weeks.

I really like what everyone has to say about Eddie. It sounds like a great time, and i know my teens will just love the experience. we are cruising in March, and rumor has it they are not stopping at Grand Caymen, but proceeding to Playa delCarmen. Does anyone know if you can book with these guys on short notice? it would be for a group of eight.

We just booked with edventure tours for Jan 28th. Very short notice and it was not a problem. Eveything is all set. There is only my husband and myself.

We were asked to pay 50$ for transportation as we did not want to rent a vehicle and 45$ per person for the day. Pretty good deal in comparison to other execursion prices and what we will be getting.

Finally heard from Bonnie. YEAH!!!! We will be doing their tour in a couple of weeks. I am so excited that I finally heard something. She did say their email on their website is not working right and their web page designer is no longer with them. Now one more question for you that might know. I have seen several post of how far Tulum is from the Calica port. One said 45 min. one said 20 min. How far is it really? Would it be cheaper and better to rent a jeep or car or take a taxi? I told Bonnie we would get the transportation to them from the port. So once again, I need some help from all of you. :) Thanks again everyone for all of your help. We would be "lost tourist" without you!!

Cathy

Definitely rent a jeep. You won't be sorry!

We just came back on Monday after spending Saturday the 28th with Eddie. It was a fantastic trip. Well worth the 45$/ person when you consider it costs approximately 89$ per person through carnival to do other trips. Plus we got free beer, water and pop all day.

Hit most of the same places as the first post.

We just used his car as it was only my husband and I.

Eddie and Bonnie are great and even met Daniel, Eddie's brother.

I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

We've booked with Bonnie and Eddie since it looks like we will be going to Playa del Carmen rather than Grand Cayman. They have been so great about emailing and waiting on a deposit until we can be more certain of the itineray change. I am excited to hear good reports....can't wait to meet them myself!

We are taking my inlaws on their first cruise. We previously visited Xcaret on a land trip and were anxious to go again. But after reading all the post about Eddie and his family, I can't wait to meet them. Edventure should be paying all of you a referral fee. We leave March 2 on Elation and will email Bonnie for my reservation. Someone tell me how she gets the deposit? CC, Paypal, mail?

Archived