Recent reviews for Claudia?

iswimlikearock

• 4 weeks later...

Claudia was fantastic!!

She is knowledgable, professional and funny.

We took her tour (6 of us plus another couple that added on to our group) Jan 7th ..she is wonderful. We also met Dora and Lee. Lee actually owns a jewelry store in Cartegena and doesn't actually give tours. He organizes them. He is an American.

Claudia knows so much about Columbia having been born there and is so excited to share her information. All 8 of us would tour with her again. Can't recommend her more highly!! You will not be disappointed!!

Thank you for responding to this! If you note the "sticky" at the top of the message here, you can't just post a glowing review of a tour op without someone asking for it (mainly bec. there are often "shills" who come on specifically to generate business for themselves etc.).. so this post is just fine but the ones that you started were unfortunatly against those guidelines...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would love to hear about it --- we are going with her in March.

We had a tour with Claudia on February 14th. Here's my review per your request:

We spent a day in Cartagena while on Celebrity's Equinox. I had made arrangements several months before with Claudia (http://www.toursclaudiavidal.com) for a tour for a small group. She was always prompt in her email responses. As we were told, Claudia met us at the ship's ramp with her mini-bus parked right there. They were parked even closer to the ramp than the ship's shore excursion buses!

Claudia is a former professor of Colombia History at one of the universities. During the tour she gave us a fantastic overview of Colombia's history including its development and role in in the region. She was very knowledgeable and answered all questions fully. Everybody on the tour highly recommend Claudia.

Our first stop was at La Popa, a church fortress on top of a hill overlooking the city. To me, this was the most important stop since we could see the entire city and get a great overview. We saw the congestion of the poor areas, the Old City, and the newly developed high rise construction area. A tour on a large ship's shore excursion bus would never be able to make it to the top of this hill since the road has too many sharp turns.

We then went to the old city, with a stop at a shopping area which has small local craft stores. Then on to the walking tour of the old city. My wife and I feel it would be great if we could return to Cartagena to spend a few days in this part of the city. It was old, safe, and quite historical. Many museums and nooks and crannies to explore.

Finally we went through the new area of the city with its many high rise buildings. We made a short stop at a shopping area which had many emerald stores. It was the shopping area recommended by the ship.

On returning to the ship, our mini-bus dropped us off right at the ship's ramp.

If you use Claudia for a tour, you won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been thinking of booking with Claudia. Did you do a full day tour or shorter. Do you remember the price you paid? or do you have a list of her prices? Thanks

I was told by Claudia that a four hour tour for 6 would be $70 pp.

Here is the price list that she gave us. We originally had 6, then 8, and finally 25.

6 people $65/per person

8 people $60/per person

25 people $45/per person

She was beyond excellent! I cannot say enough great things, it was for sure, one of the best tours ever.

We toured with her last week. the tour is approx 4 hours but so well organized that you see and do a lot more than if you tried on your own! Think she realizes that we would wilt after more than 4 hours in the heat there.

Claudia is extremely personable and knowledgeable. She has a driver and comfortable vehicle, perfect English. We saw more than I had expected and it was all worth doing. She is also willing to adapt to the group's wishes.

We had 16 people and it cost $45 per person; think it now may be $50 pp -- I had booked some time ago.

Would be happy to answer any questions.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a cruise on Equinox and took a tour with Claudia in Cartegena. We were more than satisfied. There were 8 of us and the cost per person was $60. We felt that was quite reasonable. She is an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and with a great sense of humor. She is prompt and reliable, the van was comfortable and the tour was well organized. I feel that we had a nicer experience than what we would have had if we had booked a ship's excursion. I felt very safe with her and would recommend her tour.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SanDiegoSue, my sister also walks with two canes. Severe rheumatoid arthritis. She walks verrrrrry slowly. I believe your sis, if she's like my sister, would slow down the group which would be an imposition on them. I, too, have rheumatoid arthritis altho more ambulatory--I took the horse and buggy tour and found it to be very enjoyable. Something to consider.

• 2 months later...

We used Claudia for our tour 3 weeks ago. We were on the NCL Star.

There were 20 in our group ,cost was $45.pp. Had a wonderfully informative & enjoyable tour. Claudia is very warm, outgoing & down to earth. If you have her booked, you are in for a treat.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from a cruise that included a tour with Claudia and have to echo what everyone else is saying. She was fantastic and so full of knowledge. Willing to accommodate all our requests along the way and gave us a DVD of the tour at the end. (not our tour but a pre-produced one) a nice touch.

As to the amount of walking: the second stop is 45 minutes of walking around the old city at a pretty decent pace. The stop at Mount Popa is up hill and includes some steep stairs to get up to the monastery. We stopped at the Emerald Museum and that is upstairs as well: 2 flights. Her tour might not be suitable for someone who is mobility impaired.

Archived