Cruising Guests

ekco

Hi Linda, Happy New Year. Hopefully I'm on the mend tonight but I can't really tell until tomorrow, just when I think it's going back it comes.:eek::eek:

The idiots think Come Fly With Me is racist!! You couldn't make it up.

Off to bed, again!! lol.:D

Jan

Thomson are looking for a uk mod. Anyone fancy it? Thought not.:D:D SuperSpy!! Powercrazed!! Only joking.:rolleyes:

I take that last bit back. Just been on Thomson to find a load of posts regarding a new member and someone being rude have been deleted, yet again!!

Thomson are looking for a uk mod. Anyone fancy it? Thought not.:D:D SuperSpy!! Powercrazed!! Only joking.:rolleyes:

I take that last bit back. Just been on Thomson to find a load of posts regarding a new member and someone being rude have been deleted, yet again!!

I have been on walkabout today ..had a snout round the PO ships :D

rebelrouser.jpg

What's that all about? Banned from fora!!! ha, ha, ha, ha, ha I feel sick again.:D:eek:

Is she talking about you? Snooping cheek!! I'm off to have a look, lol.;)

Jan

Ah! I get it, she missed out the 'a'.:D:D How come they've not been sent to the Floataway Lounge for gossiping drivel, they're taking the mod thing soooo seriously, lol. Interesting to see who pops up over there from Thomson. Nearly time to move on again, we need a suitable candidate.;)

Jan

Had enough of it now so spent all day taking down the deccies. What a job! still doing it properly means not having to untangle it all next Christmas.:eek::eek: Just got the outside ones to take down at weekend. Woke up to a light covering of snow but it soon melted. Please don't come back.:eek::eek:

Jan

Nicely rounded up to 90 replies and 1000 views. Looks like it's a wrap on this thread then. Many thanks to the forum for giving us house room.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan

Are we being moved again then??

Not taking my deccies down until 12th night (tomorrow?) Don't want to risk any more bad luck:eek:

House to myself for the first time for ages, doing lots of family tree:D

Just made your mincemeat cake:)

Hi Jan

Are we being moved again then??

Not taking my deccies down until 12th night (tomorrow?) Don't want to risk any more bad luck:eek:

House to myself for the first time for ages, doing lots of family tree:D

Just made your mincemeat cake:)

Linda - Sorry to disappoint you but your decorations should be down by midnight tonight -

5 Jan 2011| Twelfth Night

Twelfth night occurs on 5th January and is a date to mark the end of Christmas celebrations and avoid bad luck.:eek:

Linda - Sorry to disappoint you but your decorations should be down by midnight tonight -

5 Jan 2011| Twelfth Night

Twelfth night occurs on 5th January and is a date to mark the end of Christmas celebrations and avoid bad luck.:eek:

Thanks skion, I just looked on Wiki and found that this:-

Twelfth Night (holiday)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses of "Twelfth Night", see Twelfth Night (disambiguation).

Twelfth Night 225px-Twelfth001.jpg

Mervyn Clitheroe's Twelfth Night party,

by "Phiz" (c 1840) Observed by Christians Type Christian Date Evening of 5 January Observances Merrymaking Related to Twelve Days of Christmas

Epiphany Twelfth Night is a festival in some branches of Christianity marking the coming of the Epiphany and concluding the Twelve Days of Christmas.

It is defined by the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary as "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking".[1] However, there is currently some confusion as to which night is Twelfth Night:[2] some count the night of Epiphany itself (sixth of January) to be Twelfth Night.[2] One source of this confusion is the Medieval custom of starting each new day at sunset, so that Twelfth Night precedes Twelfth Day.

A recent tradition in some English-speaking countries holds that it is unlucky to leave Christmas decorations hanging after Twelfth Night, a belief originally attached to the festival of Candlemas (2 February).[3]

Some confusion then, but I will take your word for it!!:):)

Hi Linda. Don't take my word for it, I only Googled and that was the shortest explanation I could find to cut and paste.:eek: I deliberate every year whether it's the 5th or 6th. Never been lucky but try not take chances so took ours down yesterday - better safe than sorry. Ekco could be in trouble if she is leaving her outside decorations until the weekend.:eek: Jan (no, it's not ekco under another non de plume):D

Archived