just got off the explorer 12/19/10

ncb106

Hi everybody i just got back from the explorer,The ship it self looks great,the cruise director staff was very good and fun,Jimmy the cruise director he was great and see all around the ship and he also goes out of his way to help the passangers,the winjammer was ok and MDR food was ok to.the ports of calls where good and nice weather we had,i have pics and video and cruise compass i will be posting them tomm.

I'm looking forward too!! Going on the Explorer in Feb! Have cruised numerous times, but never on RCI before and I can't wait!

What cruise are you going on? We are going on the EOS for February Break. Like you we have cruised 3 times on DCL before, but never RCI.

My Family of 4 were on the 14nt holiday cruise as welll. I didnt blog Live as in the past b/c we really needed the R&R and didnt want the responsibility.

Jimmy the cruise director is fabulous. On this cruise he was honored by the Captain for 10 years of service with RCCL.

sjcruiser, DOTD's run $5.95. Other cocktails vary by venue and wether top shelf or not.

Our Wait staff was AMAZING. 8 cruises on Explorer, the food this time ranked high. Was not as happy with selection and quality in 2008. Do try Portofino if you're able. Most Windjammer food was pretty good too. There was a Market Buffet, a Chocolate extravaganza, a Pool Deck BBQ one daY..and some other varied on board surprises. New Years Day there was MDR Brunch that ran until 2pm.....

Our adjoining Balcony Cabins on Deck 7 port side were clean and in better condition then this past summer. One cabin had new carpet, one did not, but the furniture in both were clean and not stained as in some others. Our cabin attendent was excellent.

600+ pax unfortunately did not board in Cape Liberty, most stuck at Heathrow. In total, about 210 or so finally boarded (Barbados and SxT).

If you catch a coconut ranger cookie and its crispy and crumbly, WAIT...dont give up....find the chewy ones, thats the way they are supposed to be.

Jewelry store has very little selection (comparitively to 2007), mostly costume now. But they still offer some nice pieces if you're on the hunt.

This was our 3rd QUEST win. I think we're Quested out for awhile.

DD decorated a cake on stage with Jimmy and the chef...she became an instant on board celebrity..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1230583&highlight

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=591340

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15337008&posted=1#post15337008

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=678603&page=24

What cruise are you going on? We are going on the EOS for February Break. Like you we have cruised 3 times on DCL before, but never RCI.

We're also going Feb break! (18th) We (DH and I) are going with another couple, plus a group of 10-12 others (some we know, some not). We're from upstate NY, Adirondack area.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody i just got back from the explorer,The ship it self looks great,the cruise director staff was very good and fun,Jimmy the cruise director he was great and see all around the ship and he also goes out of his way to help the passangers,the winjammer was ok and MDR food was ok to.the ports of calls where good and nice weather we had,i have pics and video and cruise compass i will be posting them tomm.

Looks like you guys had a great time. So what shore excursions did you do?

Archived