╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★♥ ★☆★

║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ NEW YEAR to the ★

║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ Cruiser Zumbaholix ★

╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ★★★ Friends!☆ ★☆ ★

For the New Year 2015..

There is simply no time

to feel miserable, sorry and sad..

When there are Sizzlin Zumbaholic friends

who will inspire U to dance, fun fitness & be glad.

It's been a while since I posted here at the Zumba site.

SO ANYBODY FUN & SIZZLIN ZUMBALICIOUS fun friends

sailing with us & Z-rockin the ship on JAN 28, 2015,

STAR PRINCESS, 10 DAYS San Fran TO MEXICO???

We'll do some Z-jammin at the packed Vista Lounge on sea days

at 9:30am. Heckya, we'll do Z, UJam & Freestyle Dance

Funkin' at the Ultimate Top Deck party & at the disco nightly.

Bonus: Sweet Super Bowl Sunday, Feb 1,

Top Deck on the JumboTron!!

ZUMBA ON WITH LIFE Y'ALL!!

As we take another simple

breath, someone in this

world takes their last.

This moment, let's count

our blessings, jam on, appreciate our

Zumba lives and hava hella bash & blast.

El Aliga on Fb

Another year!

I'm teaching this morning. I spent some time last night revamping my playlist. Amazing how long I have been doing some of the same songs...

I have added the following into the mix:

New warm up:

I did some serious editing to this song! I've become pretty good at it...the perfect song for the circuit at Curves is 4 minutes long. Since we change on and off the machines at one minute intervals, a 4 minute song gives both groups the opportunity to dance for a full 2 minutes to the song. So I added 45 seconds to this song...There is a one time only bridge in the third minute that I repeated in the fourth minute...and I also had to add another repeating 16 count to the horn part following the chorus because of when the groups transition on and off the machines to make that easier to get into the movement. I'm very pleased with myself and my skills! LOL.

And I finally added this flamenco beat:

I picked the Spanglish version of the song because I love the way Sean Paul sounds.

I've started working at Curves now. I'm teaching Zumba twice weekly. I also teach two other toning classes weekly...and now as a staff member, I've also committed to using the machines and actually doing the circuit.

There's a 90 day challenge going on right now...which is perfect timing for my cruises in April. I did my weight and measurement yesterday...OMG. Not happy numbers, but it is what it is. The thing that is interesting is that my body fat % hasn't changed too drastically, even given my weight gain. The owner/manager says that she would NEVER have put that weight on me...that I am COMPACT.

Mom has always known this. LOL. There are stories here...about my childhood and falling asleep on the couch and the fact that even as a little girl, I have been compact...weighing way more than my appearance would indicate.

Soon I will be doing the strength testing that will get me set up on the computer to be able to track and be more guided on the circuit machines. I'm very curious about this. I'm eager to see how I do on that.

Meanwhile...since I have a very good plan for my physical activity, the big challenge is food and diet. I find myself at odds with the thinking that so many have regarding food. I think I am in a place of too much knowledge...makes you second guess everything. I understand the importance of portion control...but I think to restrict calories too much is a big mistake. I also understand the need to eat often to rev up the metabolism...but I honestly believe that the most important thing to do is get good sleep.

Apparently, fat burn happens overnight. Apparently, when your body does what it does all night long during sleep...THIS is when you burn fat depending on what you have done during the day. More activity during the day with more variety and your body will do more things at night that will deplete your fat stores.

So my priorities are:

1. Activity. Done...just need to follow through. Not a problem really given the fact that I am the instructor for many of these activities.

2. Sleep, rest, and destress. MUY importante. What is funny is that I know that eating regularly and on a schedule will actually help me to establish a good sleep pattern.

3. Food. FIRST...establish the pattern. Don't worry too much about what...more concerned with when.

4. Food. WHAT...I want to deplete the stores in my pantry and freezer and then get my routine-like with purchases and meals.

And throughout it all....

Water, water, water...hydration is another MUST DO.

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday season. Stay warm. Stay safe. And do whatever you can to maintain the energy that comes with the beginning of the new year. :)

Working on a fun, fast merengue...think it must be a Zumba original...can't find a normal video for it.

The choreo that is given to ZIN is all over YouTube. It looks like fun, but I don't love it for my class simply because those moves are all too common in my other routines. SO...need different moves. I have it about 75% choreographed...I should have it done for class next Tuesday.

I don't teach this Saturday...so I'll have plenty of time for working on some new routines.

I'm also thinking about this one:

This would be a great first song for the second half of class...

I'm cruising in March, and my goal is to do Zumba 3x per week until I go. I want to lose at least 5 pounds, add some ab work, and work on my stretching. I'm looking forward to doing Zumba on Princess on my sea days.

Anyone else have Zumba cruise goals?

I need to find a good Zumba class in my area. I LOVE to dance. Grew up dancing ballet, tap, jazz and hip hop from 4 years old to senior year of HS. Never really got back into it and now I'm 40. Weight loss is a goal but I just want to get active again. Zumba at my old gym was waaaay too crowded and I haven't found another class I've liked. I know a lady who is now a size 2 from a size 10 who got hooked on Zumba. She's an instructor now, too.

I need to find a good Zumba class in my area. I LOVE to dance. Grew up dancing ballet, tap, jazz and hip hop from 4 years old to senior year of HS. Never really got back into it and now I'm 40. Weight loss is a goal but I just want to get active again. Zumba at my old gym was waaaay too crowded and I haven't found another class I've liked. I know a lady who is now a size 2 from a size 10 who got hooked on Zumba. She's an instructor now, too.

I loved, loved, loved zumba and unfortunately the class near my home only met once a week. Decided to try J...rcise (not the "old" style one remembers from the 80's)...I've been going 3 times a week and lost 27 lbs in a year.

May not be for all, but may be good for some. Current music and lots of aerobics and some weights/bands.

(I don't work for them...just wanted to chime in here)

Barbara

Edited by tbmrt
wording

Ladies, do you remember me?

I´ve been a Zumba-Fan for several years, danced actively for about two, than broke my ankle, and now, a healed ankle and a pregnancy later am working to get back in shape.

As I am now a stay-at-home-mom I have no time at all ;)

I bought the Zumba exhilarate dvd package and am doing my best to get back. Do you have recommendations on up-to-ate Zumba videos ? Come along and share your knowledge...

I have all 3 sets... Total Body Transformation started it all for me! I purchased Exhilarate and hated it. 👎 The production sucked. The clothing is atrocious. There are new moves that are meh. I most recently purchased the newest DVD's, with the Zumba Riser and Zumba Step. Its fun! The people are much more likable. The clothes are still ugly but I am better able to overlook it. The videos are put together well, and it's kind of a "best of" Zumba, combining the old moves and new moves into the best workouts yet.

I also purchased Exhilarate and also HATED it. For me, the moves were very difficult to follow. I have since purchased the Zumba Fitness Incredible Results and LOVE it. The music is great and I have no problem following most of the moves.

I'd like to start a list of which cruise lines have Zumba classes. It is an important part of my weight control strategy while cruising. I've only done it on Princess so I'd like to know about the others. Anyone?

Zumba Cruise List

1. Princess

I'd like to start a list of which cruise lines have Zumba classes. It is an important part of my weight control strategy while cruising. I've only done it on Princess so I'd like to know about the others. Anyone?

Zumba Cruise List

1. Princess

Sorry I don't have any definitive information for you, but I mostly sail Royal Caribbean, did one Carnival before I began Zumba-ing, and one recent Celebrity.

I haven't seen it formally on Royal Caribbean, although I've noticed a member of a Royal Caribbean Facebook page will give Zumba classes when she's on a cruise. And I've been on several ships that would offer 'Latin Fitness Dancing', essentially Zumba without a certified instructor, but they are totally hit and miss as to whether to expect them and the quality.

I've only sailed Celebrity once, and on the 6 day cruise I can't remember if it was officially Zumba or Latin Fitness Dancing type classes, but classes were offered 2-3 times that week and were decent, but for a fee.

There was Zumba on the Celebrity Equinox last year from what I remember for a reasonable fee. However, it was in late afternoon, 4 or 5pm, which didn't work for me so I cannot comment on the class.

Did on deck aerobic type exercises which were held a morning or two which were fun.

So far we have...

Zumba Cruise List

1. Princess (sea days, open class, free)

2. Royal Caribbean (hit or miss)

3. Celebrity (sea days, sign up in advance, fee)

Edited by MJC