St. Kitt's Island Tour

triptaker17

I am wondering if anyone has used Pereira Tours in St. Kitt's? We are a group of 6-8 looking for a laid back tour of the island, Brimstone Hill, and a little beach time. Any help/suggestions/opinions would be very helpful.

Check the Port of Call Boards.

I have heard great thigs about Liz Pereira tours...unfortunately, I tried to book her and she had a minimum requirement that I couldn't meet.

I am wondering if anyone has used Pereira Tours in St. Kitt's? We are a group of 6-8 looking for a laid back tour of the island, Brimstone Hill, and a little beach time. Any help/suggestions/opinions would be very helpful.

Grey's tours I used last year and ended at the beach for a reasonable price.

Have you thought about the train excursion? It was wonderful, great scenery - right in the middle of things. Free drinks and snacks, and some singers. Great excursion.

I second this. Great way to see the island !

We have thought about the train but it does not go to Brimstone forts. We like the idea of getting out and walking around if we see something we like, taking a little more time at one place and less at others.

I checked out the island thread and there was only one post for the company and that came from the owner/operator and wanted another opinion.

Thanks for the advice. 44 days until sail!!!;)

:DWe've been to St. Kit's twice & really enjoy the people.The first time our room steward was from the island & fixed us up with his Uncle's taxi service for an island tour (lots of history & culture) which ended at a small beach.

Last year we took the train & again enjoyed ourselves (even though they were burning cane & we drove right thru the fire:eek:) with more history, song, culture & free drinks snacks. You might try goggling St. Kits & reading up about the island & what shopping, sights are mentioned.

Have fun!

A group from our roll call toured with Thenford Grey and had a great time. He is a very professional and knowledgable tour guide. He stops at the fort, the batik factory, and a few more spots.....at least he did 2 years ago.

We use Thenford Grey everytime we stop on St Kitts. He's extremely bright and quite a gentleman. On our last tour as we were leaving the beach I asked him if he knew of a shop that might sell logo golf balls (my new collecting hobby) of St Kitts. He said he would try to think of one as we drove back to the pier. About 2 miles down the road he pulls off on a side road and stops by this golf course...out the door he goes and runs across a fairway to two guys who are golfing...I see him reach into his pocket and hand one of the golfer some cash and the guy gives him a ball. He runs back to the bus and hands me a logo ball from the golf club. He then apologized to the others onboard for the slight delay. He wouldn't even let me reimburse him the price of the ball. I was quite impressed!

We just got back from St. Kitts and did a volcano hike and tour with David from Poinciana Tours. He was really great. He does all kinds of tours, so it might be worth checking him out. He has no requirements for minimum number of people. Some of the other tour operators won't give a tour unless there are a certain number of people.

We've booked with Liz at Pereira tours to take us to cockelshell beach next month - she is meeting us at the port and the driver will just take us to the beach and collect us at a designated time.

Liz has been very prompt with e-mails and advice as the best beach for us as we have 3 children.

• 2 weeks later...
We use Thenford Grey everytime we stop on St Kitts. He's extremely bright and quite a gentleman. On our last tour as we were leaving the beach I asked him if he knew of a shop that might sell logo golf balls (my new collecting hobby) of St Kitts. He said he would try to think of one as we drove back to the pier. About 2 miles down the road he pulls off on a side road and stops by this golf course...out the door he goes and runs across a fairway to two guys who are golfing...I see him reach into his pocket and hand one of the golfer some cash and the guy gives him a ball. He runs back to the bus and hands me a logo ball from the golf club. He then apologized to the others onboard for the slight delay. He wouldn't even let me reimburse him the price of the ball. I was quite impressed!

Was wonder how can we connect with this guy..

We were in St. Kitts last week and used Rose and Jim's Taxi Service. We couldn't have asked for a better tour. She took us all around the island including Brimstone Fortress and Romney Manor, and then to South Friars Beach. Rose is very accommodating and you can modify your tour based on what you want to see on the island.

We just got back from St. Kitts and did a volcano hike and tour with David from Poinciana Tours. He was really great. He does all kinds of tours, so it might be worth checking him out. He has no requirements for minimum number of people. Some of the other tour operators won't give a tour unless there are a certain number of people.

Would you happen to have his web site or contact info for him?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
We were in St. Kitts last week and used Rose and Jim's Taxi Service. We couldn't have asked for a better tour. She took us all around the island including Brimstone Fortress and Romney Manor, and then to South Friars Beach. Rose is very accommodating and you can modify your tour based on what you want to see on the island.

Hi, did this tour provided food and/or drinks?

Archived