The Holidays on the Explorer: My Diary

Jane - great review. We last cruised with you on the Adventure in 2008 out of SJU - maybe we will cruise together again. Up next for us is the Oasis followed by B2B's on Allure starting in mid Feb. Have a great 2011 cruising!!!

Gary!!!!.....Good to hear from you!! Yes......we had such a huge roll call...remember? I think it was just you guys and us! Hope we will run into you again! When and if I ever get to retire.....we can go on the cheaper weeks at decent times of the year! Keep in touch!

Jane,

Wonderfull review!! I've been reading it the last few days and just love all those pics (maybe because my gang is in a lot of them, ha!). It sure was great to meet you both and all our cruise critic buddies and share so many good times on all the different excursions and meetings.

Hope to cruise with you again,

Louise

Thanks, Louise!......It was great hanging out with you guys. Hey.....I might have drowned in Antigua if it weren't for you!!!! Would love to cruise with you again. Love to be beach bums! Check you later!

Jane, thanks to you and the "Diva" for all the beach comments in your reports. Gave us some ideas for the next trip. But we are not counting the crazy motorboat trip in the DR.

You know.....we were just talking about that trip and we would absolutely do it again! That was one of the most memorable beach excursions we've ever done! That boat ride....at the time was so goofy.....but it turned out OK. Yes...... I would do it again!

Monday.....12-20-10

At Sea

Jane' date=' I dont understand why when you are cruising you get the special breakfast for d and d+, but when I'm cruising, they dont have it.......:confused:

Love all you pics. Talk to you later.......[/quote']

They don't do that on the Oasis?? Are you sure?

Equinox and Silhouette are like.......Radiance and Serenade. Same basic ship. And you start in NC.

You and John would love a Celebrity "S" ship, check out my photo album.

Hi! just went to see all your pics on Webshots and they are real great. I would like to copy some of them and complement my album, plus it's nice to have the shots of my family too.

How do I go about it? Do I have to join?

Thx,

Louise

Jane,

Wonderfull review!! I've been reading it the last few days and just love all those pics (maybe because my gang is in a lot of them, ha!). It sure was great to meet you both and all our cruise critic buddies and share so many good times on all the different excursions and meetings.

Hope to cruise with you again,

Louise

Hi jane!

I can easily save the photos you copied in this thread...is it possible to see your album on photobucket and do the same. I would really like to see the other wonderfull shots you took. It's neat to have a different perspective on the same spots we visited.

Will I have to register?

Thx,

Louise

Hi! just went to see all your pics on Webshots and they are real great. I would like to copy some of them and complement my album, plus it's nice to have the shots of my family too.

How do I go about it? Do I have to join?

Thx,

Louise

Since I am a registered member of webshots all I do is click on a thumbnail of a picture to make it full screen then right click to bring up a download menu where I save it to a local hard drive.From there it can be printed out. I don't know if it works for a guest.

<<edit>> I tried it as a guest. Left click on any thumbnail to make it big, then right click to bring up the operations menu. Click on "Save as...." and give a location on your computer. From there just print it out to your printer.This should work with any public website. My pics are not copyrighted and open to anyone.

Edited by The Big Booper
Since I am a registered member of webshots all I do is click on a thumbnail of a picture to make it full screen then right click to bring up a download menu where I save it to a local hard drive.From there it can be printed out. I don't know if it works for a guest.

<<edit>> I tried it as a guest. Left click on any thumbnail to make it big, then right click to bring up the operations menu. Click on "Save as...." and give a location on your computer. From there just print it out to your printer.This should work with any public website. My pics are not copyrighted and open to anyone.

I followed your instructions. When I left click on the thumbnail it brings up a bigger version but when I right click...I don't get an option to save as...the only image I can save is the itsy witsy thumbnail.

I then registered...the free version (not the $20/year)...went thru the motions again...can,t save again.

There is a message in the upper left corner of the bigger picture that only friends can download or save it. Your pics are open to all but the general public can't print them.

Next step? Do I click on MAKE FRIENDS...will you get a notice and if you accept I can download your pics?

Thx, Louise

I logged on as a visitor and it let me open the download menu, didn't know who I was. What computer/OS /browser do you use.?

<<edit>> I opened a picture and left clicked again and another big menu opened up showing download as an option. This is on a PC XP with Safari, don't ask. :D

Edited by The Big Booper
I logged on as a visitor and it let me open the download menu, didn't know who I was. What computer/OS /browser do you use.?

<<edit>> I opened a picture and left clicked again and another big menu opened up showing download as an option. This is on a PC XP with Safari, don't ask. :D

Sorry, I'm not too comp litterate...HP/Vista/Internet explorer.

Yes, I got the big menu with download as an option and when i click it...it brings me to ''pay $20/year" ...

Tomorrow, I will try the Friends thing.

Jane,

I thought you would have finished your posting by now. I assumed you were out of school some last week like we were. We missed the whole week, in fact. I look forward to "Part II"!

You were most inspiring and got me motivated to get on-line with the folks sailing with us in April. Not only have I read all the postings for that cruise but I have also posted a couple! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Eddie and I enjoyed meeting you and John (I hope he is feeling better by now) and hope our cruises paths cross again soon!

Jane,

I thought you would have finished your posting by now. I assumed you were out of school some last week like we were. We missed the whole week, in fact. I look forward to "Part II"!

You were most inspiring and got me motivated to get on-line with the folks sailing with us in April. Not only have I read all the postings for that cruise but I have also posted a couple! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Eddie and I enjoyed meeting you and John (I hope he is feeling better by now) and hope our cruise paths cross again soon!

Carol!!!!!

Great hearing from you! Glad you are getting involved more with CC. I tell you.....I have learned so much from these boards!

Great meeting you and Eddie, too. It was so neat to hear that southern accent in the Concierge Lounge!

I still think you should book the Serenade with us this summer! Y'all keep in touch!

Jane' date=' I dont understand why when you are cruising you get the special breakfast for d and d+, but when I'm cruising, they dont have it.......:confused:

Love all you pics. Talk to you later.......

We are going on Oasis in June and Im definitely curious now to find out if they have a D/D+ breakfast area/lounge.... We really enjoyed it on this past cruise!

Jane, we never ran into you there either! :-(

We are going on Oasis in June and Im definitely curious now to find out if they have a D/D+ breakfast area/lounge.... We really enjoyed it on this past cruise!

Jane, we never ran into you there either! :-(

Stacey......We ate breakfast in there almost every day! I can't believe we never saw you there! I'll dig around and see if I can't find out more about the Oasis.

awesome review - we were "this close" to going on this cruise, my dh found out in the middle of Dec he had to take all his floating holidays the week between Christmas & New Year. I kept checking & couldn't find a room for us at a reasonable rate. Oh well I can look fwd to this summer on either Explorer or Enchantment (I have to make the call by the end of the week!)

Stacey......We ate breakfast in there almost every day! I can't believe we never saw you there! I'll dig around and see if I can't find out more about the Oasis.

Mark (Radio) will be on Oasis in a few days.....:)

Our paths apparently crossed the days we ate there!

Mark (Radio) will be on Oasis in a few days.....:)

Our paths apparently crossed the days we ate there!

Oh great! Mark will definitely find out the scoop on the Oasis. Have you put in a request with him?

awesome review - we were "this close" to going on this cruise, my dh found out in the middle of Dec he had to take all his floating holidays the week between Christmas & New Year. I kept checking & couldn't find a room for us at a reasonable rate. Oh well I can look fwd to this summer on either Explorer or Enchantment (I have to make the call by the end of the week!)

Thanks! You missed an awesome time! Hope you can work something out for the summer.

Glad it worked.

oups...didn't quite work...plus Webshot download took over my desktop wallpaper, settings...I had to make some changes to revert.

Just wondering...before I would ''add as a friend'' (cause then I would get more updates and downloads)...can the friends you have registered with you now copy your photos to their pc without having to order prints of them?

Thx,

Louise