RCI not allowing passengers to bring wine onboard?

wwinfl91

Do you think RCI should allow passengers to bring their own wine with them?  

847 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RCI should allow passengers to bring their own wine with them?

• Yes Passengers should be allowed to bring their own wine with them
    • NO RCI not allow passengers to bring wine onboard.90
    • To tell the truth I don't really care.

I am afraid the only box wine I actually drink is the wine from the box that holds my 12 bottles...that funny looking cardboard one with the dividers in it.

Maybe we could still get a "designated" hot tub for our stomping party, so there will not be any "eewww" factor. ;)

I do like the tasting party thing afterwards too!! :D

Cheers!

How is the food on Princess? I am getting interested. ;)

Food was great on the GRAND during Christmas holidays;)

We took twelve bottles of wine and champagne on board with us/carryon:D

In Cozumel we bought a couple of bottles of Tequila and when we got back to the GRAND, it was xrayed and handed back to 'us'/they did not keep it.

Celebrity-we bought scotch in port and same/x-rayed and handed back to us.

RCI-Same/purchased champagne in Quebec City/x-rayed and handed back to us/I don't think the staff care one way or the other:eek:

(can't wait for Alaska in May,

Transatlantic in October, and

Hawaii in April:) )

I'm one of their owners, and I say they should officially allow passengers to bring wine onboard. They already seem to do it unofficially according to most of the posters here & other threads that I've read, so clearing up the policy instead of having conflicting statements on their website and policies that vary from ship to ship and port to port would be far better for customer relations.

Or if you are on an Atkins high protein diet they are high in protein. As Jimmy Buffet says "have another maritega".

Have a great next cruise.

Come on, did Buffett ever say "maritega"? BTW, just to do a bit of name dropping here, I (and several others in my dorm at the University of Southern Mississippi -- where Buffett went a couple of years prior -- ) had several drinks with him at the Stoned Toad in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1975, after a concert at USM right before "Come Monday" made the hit list. Alas, I was not the one he took home that night. :rolleyes:

Sorry about misspelling "Margarita". That's what I get for not paying attention the last time I was at one of his restaurants, Margaritaville. By the way if you like Jimmy and have a high speed Internet connection check out this site.

http://www.radiomargaritaville.com/listen.aspx

Once again apologies to any Parrotheads.

Have a great next cruise.

I'm one of their owners, and I say they should officially allow passengers to bring wine onboard. They already seem to do it unofficially according to most of the posters here & other threads that I've read, so clearing up the policy instead of having conflicting statements on their website and policies that vary from ship to ship and port to port would be far better for customer relations.

I am a shareholder as well, and my opinion is they should allow you to bring whatever wine & champagne you like and charge the corkage fee consistantly. They would have a profit of $12 per bottle with no cost of inventory, and happy cruisers!

Sue, I'm actually thinking of writing a letter to Richard Williams (that is the CEO's name, isn't it? Guess I'd best confirm that first) with a few suggestions of how to shore up the bottom line without adding on the nickel & dime charges that aggravate so many people on these boards.

One thing I was thinking of was, in addition to allowing passengers to bring on the booze (just to keep with the theme of this thread), is to start requiring full payment sooner. It could still be refundable until the current number of days before the cruise, but I'll bet that if you had to pay 100 days out instead of 75, fewer than 1% of the passengers would cancel and the line would have 99% of the other peoples' money to invest for another 25 days. Then they wouldn't have to charge for everything but the cabin and basic meals and the aggravation factor would be further reduced, thereby making people more inclined to book while onboard. Many online TAs require payment in full at the time you book a cruise, and I'm sure they only send the deposit on to the cruiseline. No reason RCI couldn't have that money.

Just a thought...

That's a great idea Jean...and makes alot of sense. I would be glad to pay early in order to have the aggravation factor removed.

We are planning on taking our own wine aboard the Mariner in May, if they take the wine away from us, I guess we will reconsider our trip on Rhapsody in December, and perhaps opt for Grand Princess where they gladly allow you to bring the wine aboard.

Archived