PS Suite questions on Crown

Bustersmom

Ok looking on Crown -would like recommendations from those who know as to what PS suite location you would choose? I thought the aft cabins looked lovely and large but read this morning no sun at all? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

The aft suites are definitely the choice to make over those on the sides of the ship. The balcony's are much much deeper, there's plenty of peace and quiet and there is plenty of sun too. Obviously, it will always depend on where the sun is but that's exactly the same on the sides too.

We always spend plenty of time on our aft balcony in the sun.

Ok looking on Crown -would like recommendations from those who know as to what PS suite location you would choose? I thought the aft cabins looked lovely and large but read this morning no sun at all? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

For Crown, look at reviews for the particular cabin from the Ruby and Emerald. (Some cabins and balconies are pretty much the same across all the Fincanteri Grands [Golden, Star, Grand] and super grands [Caribbean, Crown, Ruby and Emerald]). Aft suites are phenomenal, but there are beams in the various balconies as well as complaints on vent smells on some of the ships.

As far as sun on the balcony goes, you need to look at your projected travel course, where the sun is and the time of year. For example, in the winter leaving FLL and going south you will shaded all day. Leaving Aruba and going North you will be in sun all day.

The #1 thing we like about the aft suites is that there is hardly any wind while the ship is moving. Side suites and especially forward suites have a real problem with wind blowing everything around.

We did Southern route to Aruba from FLL (rt) and not much sun on our balcony on our 10 day cruise. We did have alot of noise all night from midnight until 6am as our bed was next to the vent and it sounded like big steel doors being slammed all night long for 8 of our 10 nights, made us jump all night. This was the Ruby Aloha deck. I think I would try an aft balcony cabin next time.

Looking at C749 perhaps? Anyone have experience on this cabin? thanks for all that responded!

We stayed in this cabin on a BtoB and the suite is wide open with no "beam" on balcony. We love the aft and have stayed in many different aft suites. The one thing about this one is that it is next to the vent which is like a huge exhaust fan that runs 24/7. Some say it's not a big deal but when in port when sitting on the balcony it is quite loud. When the ship is moving, the wash sound mixes with it and it is a non issue and you can't hear it with the door closed.

Our fave aft balcony suite is on Dolphin deck on the outside corner (can't remember the cabin #). It does have a beam but it is placed in a good place and the balcony is so large it really isn't an issue. It is very quiet and private. There is some sun depending on the ships direction and no wind like the suites on the sides of the ships.

Nancy

I've been in almost every Aft PS on the Caribe and Aloha Decks. The suites on the centerline have the deep balcony, and while the fan is noisy in port, I didn't notice it much at sea. I never smelled anything back there like some have. The suites near the corners have the beam in the middle of the balcony, but that never bothered me.

The balconies are covered which offers privacy, but sometimes not much sun. I tend to prefer the privacy and not being blown away by the wind which is what you may get on the sides. In one case we were going through heavy seas and a rain squall. While the weatherdecks were closed and most people were in the ship, I was on my balcony watching the rain as the ship plowed through the heavy seas and not getting the slightest bit wet or blown away by the wind. Although there was chaos all around me, it was peaceful on the balcony.

I think I spend more time out on the balcony than most. Every night I'll be out there for hours looking at a ship on the horizon, lights from a nearby island, or a distant thunderstorm. The aft suites are simply the best and I wouldn't sail any other way.

On our 14 day Caribbean cruise in November we hardly had much sun. You had to move the lounge chairs next to the railing to be in the sun. I think there were only two days when it came in very far and we had to constantly move the chairs to stay in the sun. They are great if you want shade. We had to go up to the pool to get sun.

We also had some weird smells a couple days but it wasn't that bad. I think the worst part is the vibration - the shaking woke us up several times a night. I had a dream one night that the boat was shinking - the stern usually goes down first - so that really bothered me for a while.

If I were you, I'd book one and see what you think. People either love them or hate them.

I'm debating booking one of the bow suites. Only bad part is not being able to use the balcony while underway. I'd love to see some pictures (have just seen balcony pics - the narrow balconies) I guess I wouldn't mind it if there were some comfy chairs inside facing forward. I'd love to be sitting out on the balcony just watching the waves go by . I'd book one if they would throw in the use of the Sanctuary. I really think those should be the cheaper suites. One of these days I'll try one but I think I'll try a 7 day cruise first.

If I were you, I'd book one and see what you think. People either love them or hate them.

I'm debating booking one of the bow suites. Only bad part is not being able to use the balcony while underway. I'd love to see some pictures (have just seen balcony pics - the narrow balconies) I guess I wouldn't mind it if there were some comfy chairs inside facing forward. I'd love to be sitting out on the balcony just watching the waves go by . I'd book one if they would throw in the use of the Sanctuary. I really think those should be the cheaper suites. One of these days I'll try one but I think I'll try a 7 day cruise first.

I hear they don't have much privacy as people from the observation deck can look right down on you. That and you can't really use it while underway. Which explains why they are always available.

We did Southern route to Aruba from FLL (rt) and not much sun on our balcony on our 10 day cruise. We did have alot of noise all night from midnight until 6am as our bed was next to the vent and it sounded like big steel doors being slammed all night long for 8 of our 10 nights, made us jump all night. This was the Ruby Aloha deck. I think I would try an aft balcony cabin next time.
The Aloha Deck can be a little noisy at times because the pool is right above it and you can hear the chairs being moved. I think that door is up near the pool as well because I never heard it down on the Caribe Deck. Neither of these issues were unbearable for me, though. I would book the Aloha Suites again.

Can you help me figure how to determine how many PS or VS suites there actually are on the Crown?
There are two VS suites on the AFT end of the Emerald, Dolphin, and Caribe Decks. And there are two PS Suites on the AFT end of the Aloha and Caribe Decks. There are also the 2 PS suites on the Lido deck forward, but I don't recommend those.

Thanks so much; now looking at emerald and dolphin aft VS suites and one on caribe. All with obstructed view beam, but with all the knowledge you have given me I do not see that as an issue! The only PS avail is Lido and had already decided not for me. I am thinking the VS is the same as PS only the view right? Thanks so very much for the quick reply!

The VS inside is a little smaller than the ph. In the ph you get a desk at the end of the couch. There is no desk in the living area in the VS. Now there still is that desk/dressing area in the bedroom. I really think that the VS suites are aren't as wide also. The bathroom didn't seem as spacious and the living area seemed that way also. But the balcony is deeper in the VS.

We did not have very much sun. Most days we had to put the lounge chairs right next to the railing to get any. Again it depends on the direction you are going but don't count on getting a tan back there. I believe we only had 2 of the 14 day that had any sun coming in a ways. Now again we went off the ship for about four hours a day. That's the only disappointment with the suite.

The VS inside is a little smaller than the ph. In the ph you get a desk at the end of the couch. There is no desk in the living area in the VS. Now there still is that desk/dressing area in the bedroom. I really think that the VS suites are aren't as wide also. The bathroom didn't seem as spacious and the living area seemed that way also. But the balcony is deeper in the VS.

We did not have very much sun. Most days we had to put the lounge chairs right next to the railing to get any. Again it depends on the direction you are going but don't count on getting a tan back there. I believe we only had 2 of the 14 day that had any sun coming in a ways. Now again we went off the ship for about four hours a day. That's the only disappointment with the suite.

PS or PH? PH are the full suites on the Riviera Deck that cost more and are not worth it IMO.

I didn't notice much of a difference between the PS and the VS other than the balcony. PS has a nicer balcony but is loud in port with that exhaust fan next to it. Can't figure out why they put it there and not down on the first couple decks.

Thanks so much; now looking at emerald and dolphin aft VS suites and one on caribe. All with obstructed view beam, but with all the knowledge you have given me I do not see that as an issue! The only PS avail is Lido and had already decided not for me. I am thinking the VS is the same as PS only the view right? Thanks so very much for the quick reply!
If you have a choice, I would avoid the Emerald if possible. Especially the one on the Port side as I believe that is the one that is right above the stage of Club Fusion right below. Never stayed there, but I have heard enough complaints about it and it's always one of the final suites to get booked along with those on the Lido. Never stayed in the Dolphin, but I would like to. Not as high up as the Caribe, but I think it would work fine.

We had a VS on the Crown for 14 days ... C751 ... smaller balcony than some of the other VS BUT we did have two desks ... one when you first entered the suite and another in the bedroom. If you want great inside space, this is a perfect suite for that. The outside space ... not so great. It was perfect for our TA though.

Archived