Team K's 14 night Holiday on Explorer Review!

I just found this thread today...and loved it! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be on the Explorer in 104 days (not that I'm counting...) and this was a great tease for me. Loved the pictures too - thanks for posting!

Im glad you enjoyed!! Stay tuned because I have more pictures to post!

DSC_0182.jpg

Wow ! I loved your review. . .I loved the detail. . .

And I really liked the pics you posted on this thread !

They are BEAUTIFUL !

Thank You, Thank You . . . :)

Radio

;);)

Thank you, Radio for your kind words. Not as good a job as your Live threads!!

Looking forward to your Live from Oasis!! Cant wait!

:):D

BTW - what itinerary is your Oasis cruise???

Oh Jane, that is so funny!! Did you hear our music?? :eek::eek::eek:

No we didn't hear the music. There was a band playing in Dizzy's, but they stopped playing at about 11:57.....came over and shook our hands and said "Happy New Year", left, and came back later! We were totally expecting something else up there! Oh well.....We still had fun and didn't get smushed!

Day 3 @ Sea & Loving it!

Mens Sexy Legs contest, then Line Dance class, Poolside. Seems like folks always wait for this one and the mens belly flop contest! [which was cancelled and I am not sure if it ended up being rescheduled or not].

Day2SexyLegs.jpg

Surprise Market Buffet today 11:30am.

Day3Marketbuffet6.jpg

Day3Marketbuffet.jpg

Day3Marketbuffet5.jpg

Day3Marketbuffet2.jpg

Day3Marketbuffet4.jpg

hey that me on the sexy leg cool cruiseidiva

Im confused & pi$$ed.....

I dont know where all my pictures disappeared to!

If anyone has better knowledge of how photobucket works...pls let me know. I have been using it for MANY MANY years andI have never had this happen.

Help?

and, yes, Dave.....ncb is finally unmasked. Nice to meet you, ncb... :) You should have said HELLO! :)

and....Mark (Radio) HELP? Any photobucket experience??

Well folks, I am sorry about the loss of pictures. I will try and remedy this tomorrow, as today is MY BIRTHDAY and I refuse to get upset. :)

If anyone has better knowledge of how photobucket works...pls let me know. I have been using it for MANY MANY years andI have never had this happen.

Help?

and, yes, Dave.....ncb is finally unmasked. Nice to meet you, ncb... :) You should have said HELLO! :)

Well folks, I am sorry about the loss of pictures. I will try an remedy this tomorrow, as today is MY BIRTHDAY and I refuse to get upset. :)

I use Photobucket. Also, you might get better help in the Photography board.

With that being said, what do you mean your photos disappeared?:confused:

I use Photobucket. Also, you might get better help in the Photography board.

With that being said, what do you mean your photos disappeared?:confused:

You see them?

We tried multiple computers at home, no pics on my review.

Also, DH did the invstigating for me. Apparently, the "data transfer" was exceeded. It will reset - unknown when, it might be a monthly reset - it is a monthly "anniversary date" of when it flips back...

(Thanks for the suggesting the photography boards.)

Stacey -

Maybe you exceeded the capacity for your membership level? Or since you have so many pictures in your thread, the allowable bandwidth.

For now, I am using Webshots which has a counter telling me how many pics I am allowed before exceeding my allowance; I have a free membership but will give them their $20 for a paid year.

All the pictures from this cruise are up on Webshots now, at least the ones I want to draw from. Around 500 of 2,400 taken. Now to finish, in Word, the posts and cut 'n paste to CC. Time consuming and tax season has started.

You see them?

We tried multiple computers at home, no pics on my review.

Also, DH did the invstigating for me. Apparently, the "data transfer" was exceeded. It will reset - unknown when, it might be a monthly reset - it is a monthly "anniversary date" of when it flips back...

(Thanks for the suggesting the photography boards.)

AHA! Now I understand. When I posted to you, I was not looking back at your previous posts.

I don't know what the PB policy is, but, I have a paid account that gives me lots of stuff. I guess that is one way to get you to pay for using their services.

BTW, I am glad that I got to see all of your pix, really a great thread.:)

Thanx!

Help?

Well folks, I am sorry about the loss of pictures. I will try and remedy this tomorrow, as today is MY BIRTHDAY and I refuse to get upset. :)

i am sorry my mother was sick the first 2 days i have alot of pics but i dont know how to put them here

For everyones viewing pleasure.......

I fixed the picture problem!

Dear CruiseDivaNJ,

Thanks for your posts. I have been following your comments on the Explorer threads for awhile. I am going on my first Explorer cruise in less than two weeks and this is helping to get me into a proper state of mind. :D

Dear CruiseDivaNJ,

Thanks for your posts. I have been following your comments on the Explorer threads for awhile. I am going on my first Explorer cruise in less than two weeks and this is helping to get me into a proper state of mind. :D

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very glad you enjoyed reading! I do have more pictures to post!

Day 5 - Samana, DR

We opted to not book an excursion since every other island (except my favorite, Dominica) we would be going to the beach. We got off the ship and moseyed around. I have to say, I was pretty disgusted at the amount of stray dogs, seriously. So, we get off the ship and a local is talking to us about local paintings, which is the reason I was getting off the ship anyway. We followed him to a shop where I began looking. He was annoying and obnoxious and eventually he got the hint to STOP following us, we had our own agenda and didn’t need him. Beware. We walked around for maybe one hour. I bought 2 paintings, wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be with the artwork, but all in all it was pretty enough to buy 2. We also bought a small trunk-up elephant for my Mother and a bead bracelet and we didn’t negotiate too much because we really liked the “kid” at the kiosk we were buying at!

An important thing to note for those travelling that use a scooter or wheelchair- they are NOT allowed on the tenders in Samana because the tenders are not ADA compliant or equipped.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Christopher, Bar Tender we have known since 2007. He wont leave the Explorer family.

DSC_0015.jpg

Interesting about the stray dogs. That's how ROATAN is. Hundreds of stray, odd looking dogs throughout the whole island. We were not fans of Roatan. For that reason and many others. Anyway I am enjoying your review as we are sailing the Explorer for the first time this July. I saw you have a Facebook link on here so i hope you don't mind i friend requested you. You seem to have a lot of great info!

Interesting about the stray dogs. That's how ROATAN is. Hundreds of stray, odd looking dogs throughout the whole island. We were not fans of Roatan. For that reason and many others. Anyway I am enjoying your review as we are sailing the Explorer for the first time this July. I saw you have a Facebook link on here so i hope you don't mind i friend requested you. You seem to have a lot of great info!Thank you, this compliment means a lot.

Glad you're enjoying!

I dont see your request on facebook? but, here is a link to Cruise Chatter -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172527479431415&ap=1

Just ask to join!

Hey Stacey! Great review!!! I'm curious about a picture from Samana.............it's a picture from the water of what looks to be a beach bar type place, I see some green umbrellas, with a road leading down to it to the right in the picture............do you know where/what this place is or did you just snap a picture of it??? We have no idea what to do when in Samana and are considering just staying on the ship, but, if that's a beach bar, we could just head there for the day!!!!!

Kathy

Hey Stacey! Great review!!! I'm curious about a picture from Samana.............it's a picture from the water of what looks to be a beach bar type place, I see some green umbrellas, with a road leading down to it to the right in the picture............do you know where/what this place is or did you just snap a picture of it??? We have no idea what to do when in Samana and are considering just staying on the ship, but, if that's a beach bar, we could just head there for the day!!!!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

To be honest, I have NO idea. It did look just as you described, but I didnt hear anything about it. I took the picture from the tender-ride over. Many people went to Cayo Leventado (beach/resort), apparently an excursion you can only book with the cruiseline. It didnt seem worth it at all for what they charged which included water transportation over there, a lounger and umbrella (?), and maybe a rum punch, I dont remember. Since we had so many beach days, we opted to stay on the ship which we have never done before. We did end up taking the tender over to Samana just for an hour to stroll the markets. I wanted to buy some paintings. It was not much fun, really. I did buy some paintings and a wood elephant for my Mom for good luck, but the towne is icky to say the least. Stray raunchy dogs all over. A guy followed us and kept talking to us and took us to a shop to check out paintings. when we didnt care for any of them, we left the shop, but he kept following us until I continually said, No, its okay we're perfectly fine on our own...blah, blah, blah.

Now that I think about it, we met a really nice couple in the D/D+ breakfast and they had ben to Samana once. They took a cab to a beach....they said it was a decent time...I dont recall if there was food or beverage though.

I wish I had more info for you!

Wow, love your review and all your great photos. All the picturesw of the food is really helpful. We are doing our first RC cruise this February (Western) on the Navigator. I have loved checking out these boards and getting all the great info from everyone. Your cruise looked amazing and cruising on NYE is great. We did a Disney cruise NYE in 2001 and loved celebrating NYE on a cruise.

Also noticed that you live near Princeton, we live in Kendall Park (right up the road from Princeton). Born and raised in Queens but have lived out here about 11 years. Small world.

Have you ever cruised on the Navigator? If so any suggestions or recommendations. Anyway, looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Waiting for more pictures. The interesting thing is that you, Jane and ourselves all had different activity patterns on the long trip so that our three albums have some similarities but many differences.

These holiday cruises are always a bear for me when it comes time to finding the time to write a photo review. Tax season is gearing up.

Archived